Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Music Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 22:34   #11
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person

He doesn't wear the make-up for his solo gigs...iirc Gene owns the rights to Ace's make-up!! He does still have the smoking guitar though...and also fired rockets when I saw him in '89.

His new solo album is looking like getting an April release

"Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'ACE FREHLEY']," Frehley says. "That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked -- a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below the Angels," hard rocking "Pain in the Neck," and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum" which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror," "Fractured Too" and "Fractured III." Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan," which he likens in tone to Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir." Don't expect to hear any of the new songs at his concerts, however.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote