Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 16-05-2020, 16:14   #221
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
@Jez, Not sure where you are getting that from ?? It is still only the bottom 6 in the PL who are complaining
And Spurs and Chelsea and Arsenal. All I imagine are doing it for some personal gain and nothing to do with worried players.
Old 16-05-2020, 16:30   #222
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Well, Chelsea, for one are guaranteed CL qualification if the season is cancelled now; if they play on there is chance they don't finish Top 4.

And, as far as I have read, Spurs and Arsenal were just complaining about neutral venues (due to lost sponsorship income) but are both keen to play.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 16:54   #223
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
Well, Chelsea, for one are guaranteed CL qualification if the season is cancelled now; if they play on there is chance they don't finish Top 4.

And, as far as I have read, Spurs and Arsenal were just complaining about neutral venues (due to lost sponsorship income) but are both keen to play.
So it couldn’t possibly be because some clubs are acting on their players being worried? Not possible always anther reason?
Old 16-05-2020, 18:00   #224
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
So it couldn’t possibly be because some clubs are acting on their players being worried? Not possible always anther reason?
And how many of these teams have all of their squad worried about returning ? Or are you suggesting that a few worried players at a few clubs should be enough to bring an entire industry that supports the livelihoods of 100s of 1000s of people to a halt ? It's the equivalent of the construction industry coming to a halt because Redrow homes says Bob the bricky and Richard the roofer are a bit worried that their safety can't be guaranteed (even though Richard was out crashing his car during lockdown and Bob was shagging a few prostitutes)

Some might do but most of them, if told "we're cancelling the season, none of you are relegated and the next season starts in a month" they would all be suddenly raring to go without a single issue.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 16-05-2020 at 18:29.
Old 16-05-2020, 19:30   #225
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
And how many of these teams have all of their squad worried about returning ? Or are you suggesting that a few worried players at a few clubs should be enough to bring an entire industry that supports the livelihoods of 100s of 1000s of people to a halt ? It's the equivalent of the construction industry coming to a halt because Redrow homes says Bob the bricky and Richard the roofer are a bit worried that their safety can't be guaranteed (even though Richard was out crashing his car during lockdown and Bob was shagging a few prostitutes)

Some might do but most of them, if told "we're cancelling the season, none of you are relegated and the next season starts in a month" they would all be suddenly raring to go without a single issue.
Some might do.

So yes they might be concerned about their players and staff.

They’re training because they have to, doesn’t mean they’re happy about it.

Your falling into the trap of football being something other than just a job, it is just a job with job safety like any other.

We’re still on for 1st June yeah?
Old 16-05-2020, 20:21   #226
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Some might do.
They’re training because they have to, doesn’t mean they’re happy about it.
Nobody is making them do anything. If they are not happy then - just like everyone else - they can quit. Instead, they choose to sit on their arses picking up £100k a week.

Quote:
Some might do.
Your falling into the trap of football being something other than just a job, it is just a job with job safety like any other.
Sorry, what ??? That is my argument exactly. Key-workers aren't given guarantees on safety, no one else is given given guarantees on safety. Yet somehow SOME footballers think they are special and are different to everyone else. These footballer who are looking for guarantees may as well retire cos no one will be able to give them that for at least a year / 18 months.

Quote:
We’re still on for 1st June yeah?
What's happening then ?? Cos it certainly isn't the return of the PL and never was going to be and nobody, especially me, has ever said it was.

BTW I see the non-controversial, perfectly fine return of the Bundesliga today has somewhat ****** on Brighton, Watford and West Ham's chips somewhat
Old 16-05-2020, 21:30   #227
AndyWilson
--------old-geek

Funny thing is, the last time I saw Liverpool play at the Amex, most of the away fans were really pleasant
AndyWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 21:35   #228
DeadYankee

Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWilson View Post
Funny thing is, the last time I saw Liverpool play at the Amex, most of the away fans were really pleasant
Day by the sea makes a nice change from Slough
DeadYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 09:42   #229
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Quote:
Nobody is making them do anything. If they are not happy then - just like everyone else - they can quit. Instead, they choose to sit on their arses picking up £100k a week.

Sorry, what ??? That is my argument exactly. Key-workers aren't given guarantees on safety, no one else is given given guarantees on safety. Yet somehow SOME footballers think they are special and are different to everyone else. These footballer who are looking for guarantees may as well retire cos no one will be able to give them that for at least a year / 18 months.

What's happening then ?? Cos it certainly isn't the return of the PL and never was going to be and nobody, especially me, has ever said it was.

BTW I see the non-controversial, perfectly fine return of the Bundesliga today has somewhat ****** on Brighton, Watford and West Ham's chips somewhat

I’m sure all key workers are buzzing about having to work, some won’t want to, some won’t at all. Yet any footballers with those concerns are just doing it to avoid relegation, nothing to do with elderly or vulnerable family member they live with oh no, all down to being awkward and avoiding relegation.

You said football would be back June.

As I said give Koop the title as that’s what you’re bothered about, relegate the bottom 3 and start planning for next season.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:37   #230
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
As I said give Koop the title as that’s what you’re bothered about, relegate the bottom 3 and start planning for next season.
That would be ok if Villa didn’t have a game in hand. Win that and Watford or West Ham are in the bottom 3.
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 14:08   #231
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:

I’m sure all key workers are buzzing about having to work, some won’t want to, some won’t at all.
And nobody said they were buzzing They just won't have a choice - unlike footballers who have millions of savings to fall back on; Joe Bloggs doesn't go back, he and his family are screwed.

Quote:
Yet any footballers with those concerns are just doing it to avoid relegation, nothing to do with elderly or vulnerable family member they live with oh no, all down to being awkward and avoiding relegation.
As I keep on saying (and you keep on ignoring) ... if they don't want to play, then they don't have to play but don't try and force everyone else to stop at the same time. Oh, and if you've not got no intention of playing then you should ask your club to stop paying you. Funny, though, how none of them have don't that.

Quote:

You said football would be back June.
Is this the Jezian calendar where June only has 1 day in it ??

Quote:

Again - this has nothing to do with LFC getting the title ( any one arguing that shouldn't be a foregone conclusion is just bitter ) and if you hadn't noticed some clubs are doing everything they possibly can to make sure they don't get relegated ; this is about the future of the game as a whole in this country. There will no football in this country that isn't BCD for all least 12 months. Most of the clubs in League 2 (and a lot in League 1) can't exist if they have to play BCD for that long and will be looking for loans/help from the PL and FA. Unless the PL get back and playing soon then there won't be any money to lend to the others.

Then again, according to some on here - this is all about the scousers wanting their precious title. Sky Germany recorded their highest ever viewing figures for the Bundesliga yesterday [ 6 million viewers ]. Who'd have thought there were that many German LFC fans
Old 17-05-2020, 15:02   #232
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:

Then again, according to some on here - this is all about the scousers wanting their precious title. Sky Germany recorded their highest ever viewing figures for the Bundesliga yesterday [ 6 million viewers ]. Who'd have thought there were that many German LFC fans
That would be a combination of curiosity and there being little else to do most likely. Still have my doubts BCD will work here,given we don't seem to be handling the crisis as well as the Germans. (i may be wrong on that, just how it looks to me).Will be sorted similar to League 2 on a PPG i think.
saltysam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 15:24   #233
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Have the FA ratified League 2's decision yet ?
Old 17-05-2020, 15:25   #234
loftus
Trusted User

No, I don't see any decision being made unilaterally on League 2. They'll want League 1 to agree the way forward at least.
loftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 15:33   #235
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

I also read the other day that the National League haven't officially finished yet either - as they were waiting on what League 2 did.
Old 17-05-2020, 15:54   #236
saltysam
Trusted User

Quote:
I also read the other day that the National League haven't officially finished yet either - as they were waiting on what League 2 did.
Those leagues aren't coming back this season.
saltysam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 16:21   #237
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysam View Post
Those leagues aren't coming back this season.
No they aren't - but they also haven't decided what they are doing yet in terms of finishing positions, promotion and relegation
Old 18-05-2020, 10:00   #238
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Thanked 1,273 Times in 904 Posts
Can't hugely see how one league can just decide, would think it would need to be a bit joined up.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 12:32   #239
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

How long til Hudson-Odoi announces to the masses that it is not safe for footballers to return
Old 18-05-2020, 12:54   #240
Jez
Ellis Retire!

Scottish leagues seen sense.