Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 07-02-2016, 18:07   #101
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

So West Ham Tuesday...

Hoping we don't see Moreno or Mignolet.

Mignolet's stats have dropped to 1 save for every goal now.

Compared to team's 'keepers around us

Last edited by Deron; 07-02-2016 at 18:20.
Deron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 19:24   #102
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Thanked 1,273 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBarlow View Post
Will they still turn up at £77 a pop? How much is it to take your kid to watch a football match these days? £100 a week to watch 90 minutes of football sounds insane to me, but if you can afford it, good on you.
All the tickets aren't £77 are they? Yes they no doubt will. No some poor person who struggles to make ends meet won't, but some tourist who wants to see a game or someone who is desperate for a ticket will.

Liverpool is fairly proud it has millions of fans worldwide, they can't all be really poor can they?

If they weren't selling out the ground, they would probably think again, but if folks are happy to keep paying when the prices go up, it's clear they can go up a bit more.

The owners only care about the fans as long as they're making money for the club, if they can bin off some local who has been coming for years for someone who will pay £50 more than they are prepared to pay, they will do so in a heart beat.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 20:50   #103
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Exact figures are hard to obtain as there are a couple of price bands just below £77 as well but ... there will only be 200 seats @ £77 ( out of a capacity of 55k ) for 6 games in the season and these seats are, I believe, the 200 closest to where the new dugouts will be and will be more comfortable seats. There will also be 500 £9 seats at the 3 Cat C games. So, of the 1.045M people the club will hope attend Anfield next season, 0.11% will have paid £77. And that assumes that all of the, roughly, 100 STHs in those seats have moved to another area of the ground. So that 0.11% could actually drop to 0.055%. In more meaningful numbers ... for every 2000 people that go through the turnstiles next season 1 of them would have paid £77 - and as you say, that 1 would probably be someone who could afford it.

65% of STs prices have been frozen/reduced and 45% of matchday tickets have been frozen or reduced.

According to the club's official statement. But that leaves out the stuff like £65 seats in the Anfield Road end which, if you have ever been in there, you will know is crazy pricing.

Bloody hell, I feel like an FSG spokesman after that

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 07-02-2016 at 21:21.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 21:23   #104
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deron View Post
So West Ham Tuesday...

Hoping we don't see Moreno or Mignolet.

Mignolet's stats have dropped to 1 save for every goal now.

Compared to team's 'keepers around us

Ward has got to start a game some when otherwise why bring him back?
Old 08-02-2016, 18:35   #105
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Sturridge, Coutinho and Origi will all be in the squad tomorrow but they won't all start according to Klopp
Old 08-02-2016, 19:30   #106
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Exact figures are hard to obtain as there are a couple of price bands just below £77 as well but ... there will only be 200 seats @ £77 ( out of a capacity of 55k ) for 6 games in the season and these seats are, I believe, the 200 closest to where the new dugouts will be and will be more comfortable seats. There will also be 500 £9 seats at the 3 Cat C games. So, of the 1.045M people the club will hope attend Anfield next season, 0.11% will have paid £77. And that assumes that all of the, roughly, 100 STHs in those seats have moved to another area of the ground. So that 0.11% could actually drop to 0.055%. In more meaningful numbers ... for every 2000 people that go through the turnstiles next season 1 of them would have paid £77 - and as you say, that 1 would probably be someone who could afford it.

65% of STs prices have been frozen/reduced and 45% of matchday tickets have been frozen or reduced.

According to the club's official statement. But that leaves out the stuff like £65 seats in the Anfield Road end which, if you have ever been in there, you will know is crazy pricing.

Bloody hell, I feel like an FSG spokesman after that
My mate is a Liverpool fan and keeps posting stuff about Bayern Munich charging about £100 a year. Their problem is that there is a huge waiting list that never shifts as everyone keeps their tickets, they now have a rule that you need to turn up to at least 8 games a year or you lose it. Basically lots of people just pay the price, and seldom bother to go.

There has got to be a happy medium somewhere, I think the £77 tickets are a funny thing to get annoyed about. I'll guess that they'll get rid of them, but keep the other prices the same.
Old 08-02-2016, 20:26   #107
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Barcelona only charge like £75 a season ticket too, from what I'm reading. Madness.
LouBarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 22:04   #108
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
My mate is a Liverpool fan and keeps posting stuff about Bayern Munich charging about £100 a year. Their problem is that there is a huge waiting list that never shifts as everyone keeps their tickets, they now have a rule that you need to turn up to at least 8 games a year or you lose it. Basically lots of people just pay the price, and seldom bother to go.

There has got to be a happy medium somewhere, I think the £77 tickets are a funny thing to get annoyed about. I'll guess that they'll get rid of them, but keep the other prices the same.
You'd be surprised how many 120yr old season ticket holders Liverpool have
Old 08-02-2016, 22:11   #109
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Barcelona only charge like £75 a season ticket too, from what I'm reading. Madness.
After you had paid a £130 membership fee.

It also helps ( in both Bayern and Barcelona's cases ) to have a 100k seater stadium which sell out every home game and be in an uncompetitive league so that CL qualification ( with the extra sponsorship and prize money that brings ) is practically guaranteed every year.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:51   #110
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Even so, it costs what, 5 times that for a season ticket at Arsenal? I heard on the radio yesterday, some fans saying that they have season tickets to watch German clubs, and it works out cheaper to go out there every week, even factoring in travel and accommodation costs.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:56   #111
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Quote:
My understanding was that Barcelona season tickets don't work like that, the tour guide told us. Basically when they built the stadium, people bought a seat for ever, they can inherit it, sell it on, etc. They then pay a fee.

Whilst I accept that season tickets are expensive, there is no requirement to have one. If you're going to blindly buy one every year, then what do you expect? There is a large waiting list but nobody seems to care about those people who have been on it for 20 years.

Maybe a good way to sort it out will be to get everyone who wants a season ticket to share all the season tickets, so instead of getting a season, you get 60% of the games randomly assigned. It'd work out cheaper for the people complaining and everyone will get to see the team they love.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:42   #112
jpig
Trusted User

Any cut in ticket prices will mean more money for the touts, as the market will define the price.

Like it or not, £70-ish is a price that the market will sustain. Look at comparable activities such as a gig or the theatre.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:42   #113
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Ok, well take the German league as an example then instead - the cheapest ticket at Bayern Munich is £11. At Chelsea it is £52. The average cheapest ticket price in the EPL is £31. That is unacceptable surely?
Old 09-02-2016, 08:54   #114
SteM
Just Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
Any cut in ticket prices will mean more money for the touts, as the market will define the price.

Like it or not, £70-ish is a price that the market will sustain. Look at comparable activities such as a gig or the theatre.
Going to see a PL football team every second week should not be compared with either theatre or gig going.

They're all activities that you go out of the house to pay for but there's no comparison between someone that goes to every home game and someone that goes to the theatre or to gigs imo.
SteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:01   #115
LouBarlow
Retired Member

I've never paid £70 for a gig either!
Old 09-02-2016, 09:20   #116
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Quote:
Ok, well take the German league as an example then instead - the cheapest ticket at Bayern Munich is £11. At Chelsea it is £52. The average cheapest ticket price in the EPL is £31. That is unacceptable surely?
Well I've just checked, whilst the cheapest ticket is 15 euros, they go up to 70 euros. A 15 ticket is behind the goal and standing, we banned standing, but they used to be cheaper than sitting down when we did have them. The ticket prices next tiered ticket is 35 for the nosebleed seats, then 45, 60 or 70.

I'm sure Liverpool were talking of having a few seats that were £9. Surely thats better for the average fan than worrying about a few seats at the top range.

Aside from the standing, I would suggest that the tickets would seem fairly comparable with most Premier League clubs.

The issue is that a few clubs have support that massively outstrips their stadium capacity. You can't have a stadium which hold 200,000 but tickets are a fiver, the economics of the investment wouldn't work to build the thing and our infrastructure wouldn't cope.

You've just increased capacity, the point of the expansion was to be able to compete with Arsenal et al financially. What did you think that meant? They'd spend a fortune adding some seats and then give them away for next to nothing? It's a huge investment that needs to pay off financially.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:22   #117
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Quote:
I've never paid £70 for a gig either!
I used to start going to gigs in the 90's, it used to be less than £20 to see the likes of Green Day, Foo Fighters, I now look at the prices, see they want £70, and think no thanks.

They've lost my £20, I might have paid £30, they don't care, enough people are willing to pay it.

The simple answer is to let the club know you're not willing to pay it by refusing to renew.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:29   #118
Stevie G
Dazed and confused

It'll be interesting to see what West Ham charge next season seeing as they've managed to bag an olympic stadium for less than the price of an average player.....
Old 09-02-2016, 09:37   #119
madstu
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
I used to start going to gigs in the 90's, it used to be less than £20 to see the likes of Green Day, Foo Fighters, I now look at the prices, see they want £70, and think no thanks.

They've lost my £20, I might have paid £30, they don't care, enough people are willing to pay it.

The simple answer is to let the club know you're not willing to pay it by refusing to renew.

It doesn't matter if enough people are willing to pay £70 to watch a match though. Like Foos etc, if they sell out for every event/match them they want to maximise their revenue. Football clubs dont care about your £20. As am aside its about £22 to watch Bristol Rovers in L2, so I think you will struggle to go and watch anything for the price you want to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 09:37   #120
SteM
Just Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
It'll be interesting to see what West Ham charge next season seeing as they've managed to bag an olympic stadium for less than the price of an average player.....
They were announced last year.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2...ices-announced

All season tickets have been reduced.
SteM is offline   Reply With Quote