Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 13:38   #161
fothy123
Trusted User

Who is going to be your back 4? I'd have thought Allan might get a start and could replace Brown. Aberdeen always bottle it.
Old 10-09-2015, 16:34   #162
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

Janko, Boyata, Simunovic and Izzy?

Expecting a Celtic win but our tendency to leak goals recently is worrying.
Old 13-09-2015, 07:08   #163
rooster
Pig Farm Owner

As i predicted bad result for Celtic , new defence all at sea , but Craig Gordon's indecisiveness is what cost us the game. That ball was in air a long time and Gordon should have went for it. Thompson was very poor in black also but tbh the dons deserved it.

Going to be a tough season and Europa league commitments is going to make it worse.
Old 17-09-2015, 18:57   #164
fothy123
Trusted User

Great result for Celtic, especially with Fernebahce getting beat from Molde. Gordon could have done better with their 2nd goal and you'll probably look back on it as an opportunity missed but you should be capable of taking a positive result from them at home.
Old 15-10-2015, 12:32   #165
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

Nearly a month since anybody has posted in here, in which time, Motherwell and Dundee United have sacked their managers and recently appointed new ones, Scotland failed to qualify for the Euro's after being in such a strong position to do so.

Aberdeen still top in the SPFL but their lead is only 1 point now and they seem to be having a wobble. Celtic hot on their steps. Hearts having fallen by the wayside after a strong start.

Rangers still handing out thrashings to teams in the Championship but got thrashed themselves in the League cup by St Johnstone.

Can't wait for club football this weekend, Internationals are just a bore these days.
Old 15-10-2015, 15:00   #166
fothy123
Trusted User

I think there would have been a bit of excitement about the internationals had we been going in with more than a "mathematical chance" of qualifying. To be fair, I hope WGS does keen his job as he has done reasonably well however we don't have any players anywhere near approaching world class.

Dundee Utd have maybe saved their season by sacking McNamara as they looked like they would be sitting at the bottom of the league this season.

Much like you, I'm looking forward to club football starting back up again. We have got our first 11 pretty much set with about 8/9 regulars with a few being rotated about and the team is really good to watch compared to the dross we have been served up over the last few years. We've found a few gems and paid very little for them with Tavernier looking to be steal of the season.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:22   #167
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

Well this thread is dead, just like Scottish football
Old 06-12-2015, 20:26   #168
fothy123
Trusted User

It's just been the 3 of us posting on a half regular basis for a while. There used to be about 8-10 but the others seem to have vanished.

The Championship is fairly interesting as Hibs are stringing together results and it looks like it will be a decent competition between us and them for the rest of the season.

Celtic don't really have much in the way of a challenge in the SPL other than the odd game where a team will raise their level briefly then drop cheap points a week or two later. Dundee Utd still looking very poor and hopefully will be for the drop this season.

Still think we should be looking to expand the top division as I don't think there is a great deal of difference between Falkirk and the teams near the bottom of the SPL. I think the SPL needs Hibs and Rangers to give a bit of excitement as the Edinburgh derby has been a big loss.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:10   #169
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

Transfer window is open now, let's see who if any players Celtic look to sign.

More defenders would be nice.

Celtic pretty much comfortable at the top even though they seem to be stumbling to wins. Aberdeen choking at every opportunity.

Looks like a close race in the championship between Rangers and Hibs. Hibs doing their usual bottling act in the last game between the two teams.
Old 06-01-2016, 18:31   #170
fothy123
Trusted User

Aberdeen really not putting in the sort of commitment as they did last season and Celtic are going to win without having to be anywhere near their best. Hearts also seem to play well for a few games then drop points in games they should be winning. Is the Croatian lad Celtic signed still out injured?

Championship is pretty interesting just now. Falkirk quietly keeping on Hibs and our tails. We've been pretty comfortable in every game but need to work on getting the 2nd goal sooner as once we do that, the opposition need to come out and attack, leaving lot's of space. Dundee Utd look more likely for the drop every week, that's what happens when you sell your best players but don't invest any of the money in the squad.

We need to have a bit more from players in a couple of positions for us. Waghorn, Tavernier and Holt have got the majority of our goals but the right side forward and right side of midfield players need to be chipping in more. We've signed up a keeper and a new wide forwards already with a defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder agreeing to come in the summer but hopefully sooner.

Talk of reconstruction in the leagues rumble on with talk of a bigger top league that splits into 3 mini leagues being suggested by some - even more ridiculous that the current set up.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:01   #171
EdgeOfVictory
Live from the Troubador

Cracking result for the Dons last night. 11 game unbeaten run for us now, which isn't bad at all considering we haven't been playing that well of late. While we won't win the league, it's making for an interesting season nonetheless.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:03   #172
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

Surely time for Ronny Deila to go now, I've been willing to give him my backing but the defeat to Ross County and poor performance against Aberdeen last night highlights he's unable to get the team motivated to step up their performances.

I know he's limited in the players he/the board sign but signings like Nadir Ciftci and Carlton Cole (even the Roberts signing from Man City) have been strange, Colin Kazim-Richards another that will likely end up leaving on loan next season. If Leigh Griffiths is injured or goes through a bad patch in goalscoring I don't see goals coming in from the other strikers at all!

Deila also seems unwilling to rotate or drop his favourites who's performances have been below average all season.

What has happened to Craig Gordon?? Shadow of a player compared to last season.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:04   #173
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfVictory View Post
Cracking result for the Dons last night. 11 game unbeaten run for us now, which isn't bad at all considering we haven't been playing that well of late. While we won't win the league, it's making for an interesting season nonetheless.
Anything's possible with the way this current Celtic team are playing.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:12   #174
fothy123
Trusted User

I think Delia was signed due to being cheap and also because he would be a yes man for Lawell. I'm not convinced that quite a few of the guys signed have been identified by Delia but have been signed by Lawell and imposed on him. Cole, Kazim-Richards, Allan, Cifci spring to mind. I thought Celtic would be miles and miles ahead of us before we came back up however I think they have regressed quite a bit. From the guys they have sold on for big bucks, they haven't spent wisely and have wasted an awful lot of money on some duds who have either bled the club with their wages or have been punted on at a fraction of their joining fee.

As a Rangers fan, I hope he stays on for next season but I have a sneaky suspicion that you guys will bring Stubbs in during the summer and I think he will get the best out of quite a few players in the squad that aren't performing as well as they should be. Hibs are playing attractive, attacking football this year and I think the style of play would go down well with Celtic fans. If Stubbs does join then Cummings will also sign and I think he would do very well with you guys.

As for us, we are progressing along the league well and have won quite a few of the big games - the Christmas game against Hibs we blew them away. Last few games we have been without Holt and we haven't been as creative up front but picked up full points. Haliday played in a more forward role in the last game after his ridiculous sending off for celebrating a goal while in the middle of the pitch. Still very close between us, Hibs and Falkirk and all 3 could fit in fine to the SPL. Hopefully they will discuss reconstruction next year and do something for the following year and expand to 16-18 teams. Dundee Utd and/or Killie for the drop this year and I don't think either would come straight back up again.

Celtic will win the league as Aberdeen are liable to drop silly points against teams they should be beating. I think this will be their best chance as Celtic will probably spend quite a bit in the summer, especially if they do bring in a new boss.
Old 04-02-2016, 14:05   #175
Rohail
Ultimo hombre

I think Celtic do have the potential to step further ahead of teams in Scotland if they spend wisely in the summer. I doubt Deila is the man to lead us next season. I'm not sure about Alan Stubbs either though, seems to be easy lazy link due to him being a ex Celtic player.

I'm still not sure on Rangers either, all fine and well thrashing teams in the Championship but they've struggled every time they've played a SPFL team and I think they'll need to bring in 6 or more quality players to complete in the top 6 next season if they get promoted.
Old 04-02-2016, 17:36   #176
fothy123
Trusted User

Top 3 going by the bookies are Michael O'Neill, David Moyes and Alan Stubbs. I'd say Stubbs would be a fair enough link to make due to the way Hibs are playing now. Lack of european experience is probably his main stumbling point as Celtic will need someone who can come in and hit the ground running and make the group stages.
Old 09-02-2016, 16:22   #177
fothy123
Trusted User

SFA - Can't even manage to do a cup draw without making an arse of it!
Old 09-02-2016, 17:40   #178
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Thanked 1,241 Times in 881 Posts
It wasn't even a massively complicated draw, 4 teams. Number the balls 1 to 4, and pull them out, in reality you only need to draw 3 of them out
Old 10-02-2016, 08:23   #179
rooster
Pig Farm Owner

It was eight teams but still a shambles.
Old 10-02-2016, 17:47   #180
andybhoy
Trusted User

Sounds like rbullivant was in charge of the draw....
Closed Thread