Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 03-08-2020, 09:11   #13521
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Wondering if anyone can help here...

When I go to install a game from either MS site or Game Pass app I get presented with 3 consoles. I only own one console.
I assume these are past consoles that I've sold or my mates that I used to sign in on, but I have deleted these from my devices on the MS site

How can I get rid of these?!
Old 11-08-2020, 19:13   #13522
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Thanked 1,026 Times in 452 Posts
Halo infinite delayed to 2021, not surprised it looked meh
Old 11-08-2020, 19:36   #13523
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
Halo infinite delayed to 2021, not surprised it looked meh

If they are doing raytracing it should be in the game at launch, not patched in later
T4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 19:56   #13524
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Blimey! The only reason I have left to get a new Series X on launch is because my day-one Scorpio struggles with almost all games that push the CPU (due to paste issues). The only next-gen game I’m desperate for is Cyberpunk & I believe the next-gen version of that isn’t due to early 2021?

Now might be tempted to go PS5 if the new Gran Turismo is a launch title?
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 21:06   #13525
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Blimey! The only reason I have left to get a new Series X on launch is because my day-one Scorpio struggles with almost all games that push the CPU (due to paste issues). The only next-gen game I’m desperate for is Cyberpunk & I believe the next-gen version of that isn’t due to early 2021?

Now might be tempted to go PS5 if the new Gran Turismo is a launch title?

Don’t hold your breath for GT7 lol
Old 11-08-2020, 21:39   #13526
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

I see Battle Toads is up on GP, downloading it, not sure if I can to arsed to play it though
Old 12-08-2020, 14:59   #13527
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

On giant bomb, jeff was losing it about first Def Jam then saying consoles never have good launch games but xbox one had forza 5, Killer instinct and Dead rising 3 (according to some website I looked at this morning) thats some decent games at launch

While infinite looked a bit naff and it was good that they delayed it, there is no reason to get series X at launch unless you want to play current games and old games slightly better

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4V View Post
If they are doing raytracing it should be in the game at launch, not patched in later
Don't bet on it with 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
People have replaced the paste on their 1X, might be alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4V View Post
I see Battle Toads is up on GP, downloading it, not sure if I can to arsed to play it though
Its only preload as think its out 20th august
Old 13-08-2020, 20:00   #13528
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Halo infinite might get released in bits now starting this year
Old 14-08-2020, 14:30   #13529
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Got an beta code for Marvel avengers game as VM customer, can't even try it as enter your email address used for my square enix account and nothing happens.

From watching the previews, it looks like horrible loot grind fest inspired by destiny but ok ish brawler combat and some horrible screen blur
Old 14-08-2020, 15:09   #13530
dunkle
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
Got an beta code for Marvel avengers game as VM customer, can't even try it as enter your email address used for my square enix account and nothing happens.

From watching the previews, it looks like horrible loot grind fest inspired by destiny but ok ish brawler combat and some horrible screen blur
I listen to the ign uk podcast ( - I listen to this as I can't find anything else that does what it does. A UK based "geek" podcasts, that covers TV, Films, Games etc. My issue is, I just feel I am too old for the hosts (more so since the change) and don't always get them and their popular culture references / how they talk. I enjoy it and find it interesting, but if someone could find me near enough the exact same podcast but done by people who remember the 80s then please, let me know ) and it was quite amusing having read other previews and heard other comments how they where trying to be “nice” about the game and didn’t seem to want to cause offence by saying anything bad

It does sound an awful mess
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 15:42   #13531
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkle View Post
and it was quite amusing having read other previews and heard other comments how they where trying to be “nice” about the game and didn’t seem to want to cause offence by saying anything bad

It does sound an awful mess
sounds like these people want to keep on the good side of the publisher for review codes. Apparently square enix is getting YT **** influencers types to "promote" the game aka shill the **** out of it
Old 22-08-2020, 08:25   #13532
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Wreckfest is free to play this weekend if you have gold, its really good fun apart from the sofa race (thats driving motorised sofa)
Old 26-08-2020, 10:15   #13533
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

Apparently, i have been given Ł8 by Xbox to spend in the store. so that is nice!

Pity i bought Life is strange 2 and The Witcher GOTY back in May/June. I've not played either yet so could have saved those purchases until now
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2020, 15:22   #13534
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanderson View Post
Apparently, i have been given Ł8 by Xbox to spend in the store. so that is nice!

Pity i bought Life is strange 2 and The Witcher GOTY back in May/June. I've not played either yet so could have saved those purchases until now
I saw something about people getting credit but I didn't get any
Wonder what the criteria was...

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
Old 26-08-2020, 16:46   #13535
Bish

I had no intention of getting the new Xbox straight away and was going to wait until late next year however after a recent bad thunder storm our BT Hub and One S bit the dust. The issue seems power related as it turns off immediately after switching it on. I could pick a second hand one up or look into a repair but I think I may as well hang on and put the money into a new one.

I had hoped that in the mean time I could use the Game Pass Cloud app on my Chromebook but the right analog stick on my Elite controller won't respond to any movement in games. I've not tried a PS4 controller yet though.
Old 28-08-2020, 15:16   #13536
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

First impressions of Wastelands 3 are very positive. The writing & voice acting is much better than the last two Fallout games & the turn-based combat is very good.

Another worthy GamePass addition...
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 16:09   #13537
DSG
Stella !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
I had no intention of getting the new Xbox straight away and was going to wait until late next year however after a recent bad thunder storm our BT Hub and One S bit the dust. The issue seems power related as it turns off immediately after switching it on. I could pick a second hand one up or look into a repair but I think I may as well hang on and put the money into a new one.
I had a similar problem with my power brick after a storm. There's some kind of internal surge protection that doesn't reset unless its plugged directly in to a power socket and not an extension lead etc. Mine used to light up and then turn off when I tried to turn the console on. Plugging it straight into the wall socket reset it and it worked fine again.
Old 28-08-2020, 18:03   #13538
mjpartyboy
Trusted User

I'm pretty sure the Xbox One manual says to plug it directly into the wall and not a surge protector.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 20:00   #13539
Bish

The Xbox One S has a built-in power supply so no power brick. I could be pick up an internal one but I've read that for some people this didn't solve the issue.
Old 29-08-2020, 17:24   #13540
dunkle
Trusted User

Wasteland 3 didn't last much beyond the 1st encounter. I'll come back when (if?) its finished

I count Fallout 1 and 2 among the best games I have ever played. Ultimately I was left cold by Wasteland 2 on the PC - very much a game of 2 half. The first half, the one they sent time on and that was part of the early access, was very good - the second half ? well that felt knocked out in a couple of weeks

Also it was too easy - I equipped my team with a couple of Snipers and didn't struggle at all in any of the encounters

Wasteland 3 just felt "cheap" - I know I can't complain as its free on Game Pass, but it looked bad and felt bad

Character creation felt wrong - Don't let me customise all these features and then make me choose a portrait that has no resemblance of my character !

Even the character creation screen seemed "bugged" with the top most skill / quirk never coming back on screen once scrolled down

Then the game just looked bad. Old and dated.
It really didn't feel finished at all
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote