Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-2019, 22:45   #13281
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Anyone running their Xbox in an enclosed space?
Just got a new media unit to go with my Xbox One X and the heat in the cupboard is pretty intense once I've been playing a bit

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2019, 22:52   #13282
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v
 
T4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Lave
Posts: 18,873
Thanks: 270
Thanked 512 Times in 251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
Anyone running their Xbox in an enclosed space?
Just got a new media unit to go with my Xbox One X and the heat in the cupboard is pretty intense once I've been playing a bit

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah you’ll never have room for a Series X in there...
T4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 10:35   #13283
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,148
Thanks: 428
Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
the series X is never going to fit under my tv

ELo3-r-LWk-AABNRr-e657
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 10:41   #13284
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Lol. That wasn't exactly the question, but thanks for the warning

Should I be concerned about the heat and stick a fan in?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 14:33   #13285
captaineyecatch
Slatanic Wehrmacht Capt.
 
captaineyecatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 3,407
Thanks: 69
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Januarys Games with gold are...

__________________
My Blu-ray and DVD Collection
captaineyecatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 11:23   #13286
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,148
Thanks: 428
Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
Untitled goose game is a lot of fun and good game to chill out to. Yeah the internet killed it by going on and on about it but its still good as its something different
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 17:48   #13287
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v
 
T4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Lave
Posts: 18,873
Thanks: 270
Thanked 512 Times in 251 Posts
T.A.B.S. has arrived on game preview for £16.99 or GamePass. Should be worth a laugh
T4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2019, 09:28   #13288
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,148
Thanks: 428
Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
Got the Terminator resistance game cheapish and its actually its much better than the reviewers said it was.

At launch it was £40 which was a mistake as it should of been £29 RRP game as its done on a budget (also its the same studio who did the awful rambo game) The eurogamer review is awful, that soyboy really went after it because its has scene where you have awkward scenes with one of the female characters. Yeah its a bit cringing if someone walked when the cutscene is on but this is the reviewer who cum in his pants when in recent soul caliber game, you could glitch items to make it look like your character had a big knob and even made videos on it

You tell the devs are fans of the 1st two films and the future war setting is a good setting. Its interesting to see actual gamers enjoying the game (when they got it cheaper) You just have to expect the character models, textures are not as good bigger budget game but if you like terminator films and it has character choices (not sure yet if they matter)

Sure it will drop to £20 soon as I got it for £26 at the weekend and its £24 now at game collection


Also been playing Steamworld dig 2 on gamepass, been meaning to play this on GP for ages, great game. It shows you don;'t need a massive game budget to make a game. Its quite addictive getting gems for upgrades and getting new gear like a metroid game to get to new areas.
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 10:10   #13289
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Anyone help me out here... I just installed some fans in the cupboard with my Xbox one. Usb powered, so plugged into the back of the Xbox

They're always on tho... I set the Xbox to power down hard drives when off which I assumed would kill those usb ports but it seems not... Any ideas how I can do this?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 10:13   #13290
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v
 
T4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Lave
Posts: 18,873
Thanks: 270
Thanked 512 Times in 251 Posts
If it’s plugged into the front port I think that’s always on for USB charging
T4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 16:42   #13291
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4V View Post
If it’s plugged into the front port I think that’s always on for USB charging
Nope, tried all three but plugged into the back

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 20:15   #13292
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa
 
kanedaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 16,381
Thanks: 79
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,174 Posts
Other than pulling the plug I don't think you can power down the USB ports. AFAIK even in the energy saving mode (full shutdown) it still provides power through the USB ports.

I think the hard drive option just spins them down / puts them into sleep mode so it's reliant on the hard drive recognising the command it's being sent, so it won't work with other devices.
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 20:22   #13293
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedaa View Post
Other than pulling the plug I don't think you can power down the USB ports. AFAIK even in the energy saving mode (full shutdown) it still provides power through the USB ports.

I think the hard drive option just spins them down / puts them into sleep mode so it's reliant on the hard drive recognising the command it's being sent, so it won't work with other devices.
That's what I feared, bit of a bummer. I guess I could smart plug and do it that way but seems like overkill!

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 21:30   #13294
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa
 
kanedaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 16,381
Thanks: 79
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,174 Posts
Something like a USB on/off switch or a IR remote version would likely do the job. Just depends on the setup and how clean you want it.

I'm sure you must be able to get the remote control version cheaper somehow (probably direct from China) as that kind of thing is included with bias lighting kits that are the same price or less (though often hard-wired to the led strip).
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 22:13   #13295
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedaa View Post
Something like a USB on/off switch or a IR remote version would likely do the job. Just depends on the setup and how clean you want it.

I'm sure you must be able to get the remote control version cheaper somehow (probably direct from China) as that kind of thing is included with bias lighting kits that are the same price or less (though often hard-wired to the led strip).
It already has a switch in line was just hoping for seamless. Tbh, can't hear the thing when TV on so might just forget about it and leave it running

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 22:33   #13296
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa
 
kanedaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 16,381
Thanks: 79
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
It already has a switch in line was just hoping for seamless. Tbh, can't hear the thing when TV on so might just forget about it and leave it running
Ah gotcha, no need to spend extra then.
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 12:24   #13297
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,148
Thanks: 428
Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
The batman game has all the achievements broken because they put out some noir filter for the games and didn't bother to test it. Hopefully the game will be fixed the time its on GwG
__________________
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 10:29   #13298
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa
 
kanedaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 16,381
Thanks: 79
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quick reminder the Game Pass Ultimate free trial bonuses end soon. Spotify must be claimed by 4th Jan. EA Access and Discord Nitro by 6th Jan. As already mentioned, signing up to Discord gets you 3 Months Game Pass code which converts to 2 months Ultimate. You'll need to add a payment method like most trials.

Also - if anyone gets the MS Store promo emails check if you got one on Friday 27th Dec "Shop Boxing Week Sale now" - click the little squirrel in the image to claim a £5 gift card that gets added to your MS account.
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 15:10   #13299
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedaa View Post
Quick reminder the Game Pass Ultimate free trial bonuses end soon. Spotify must be claimed by 4th Jan. EA Access and Discord Nitro by 6th Jan. As already mentioned, signing up to Discord gets you 3 Months Game Pass code which converts to 2 months Ultimate. You'll need to add a payment method like most trials.

Also - if anyone gets the MS Store promo emails check if you got one on Friday 27th Dec "Shop Boxing Week Sale now" - click the little squirrel in the image to claim a £5 gift card that gets added to your MS account.
That last one expired yesterday (sadly) as I spotted it this morning

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2019, 15:55   #13300
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa
 
kanedaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 16,381
Thanks: 79
Thanked 1,767 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
That last one expired yesterday (sadly) as I spotted it this morning
Mine said 3rd Jan was the expiry. "Limited time offer, while supplies last. Limit 1 per customer. Valid in United Kingdom only. To qualify for this promotional gift card, you must be the original recipient of the email from Microsoft Store (microsoftstore@microsoftstoreemail.com) on 27 December, 2019. Offer is nontransferable. Must redeem by 3 January, 2020 and spend within 90 days of redemption."
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The General Horror / Trash / Exploitation thread! Old & new, discuss them here! Ratfink Film Discussion 1169 08-05-2011 11:40
[Xbox 360 Console] Thread 16... .. General Xbox 360 Discussion platty Video Games Forum 1 21-01-2007 21:24
[Xbox 360 Console] Thread 14... General Xbox 360 Discussion Matt KB Video Games Forum 999 12-11-2006 10:05

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network