Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:04   #11461
platty
XBL Gamertag: PlattyStu
 
platty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Leigh,Lancs
Posts: 7,211
Thanks: 69
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Just had a quick blast of mp and can confirm I'm as **** as usual and my rank has carried over
__________________
Hasa Diga Eebowai
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:06   #11462
platty
XBL Gamertag: PlattyStu
 
platty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Leigh,Lancs
Posts: 7,211
Thanks: 69
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out for Justice View Post
Was hoping for a remaster but still looking forward to firing it up tonight.
it looks brilliant , dont worry about that
__________________
Hasa Diga Eebowai
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:46   #11463
Out for Justice
XBL: ShookusDaBookus
 
Out for Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,775
Thanks: 789
Thanked 194 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
it looks brilliant , dont worry about that
Out for Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:30   #11464
Out for Justice
XBL: ShookusDaBookus
 
Out for Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,775
Thanks: 789
Thanked 194 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4V View Post
Planning on getting a Scorpio? Getting a new TV soon? You might want to wait for a bit.

https://youtu.be/t18QbBdPK-8
Some VR rumours:

https://twitter.com/Gadget_Ry/status/852104129409372160

Heard something about Fallout 4 VR but just rumours.
Out for Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 16:28   #11465
aliman5000
Clown X
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northants
Posts: 1,696
Thanks: 23
Thanked 52 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4V View Post
Planning on getting a Scorpio? Getting a new TV soon? You might want to wait for a bit.

https://youtu.be/t18QbBdPK-8

I read a conflicting view today that speculates because the hardware is so powerful, slow down etc won't be a problem now anyway as the framerate will remain at a solid 60fps.
__________________
This place looks terrible in widescreen...
aliman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 16:38   #11466
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
There'll always be developers pushing it beyond its limits, especially at 4k. Even top end PC hardware can't reliably do 4k60 and that's quite a bit more powerful than the Scorpio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 16:46   #11467
captaineyecatch
Slatanic Wehrmacht Capt.
 
captaineyecatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 3,407
Thanks: 69
Thanked 304 Times in 117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliman5000 View Post
I read a conflicting view today that speculates because the hardware is so powerful, slow down etc won't be a problem now anyway as the framerate will remain at a solid 60fps.
Its not slow down thats a big problem - its the frame pacing which causes some awful juddering/stuttering in some games - theres a few PS4(might be pro?) games that suffer badly from it. These games are running at 60fps but due to the poor frame pacing you get the judder/stutter.
__________________
My Blu-ray and DVD Collection
captaineyecatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 17:27   #11468
aliman5000
Clown X
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northants
Posts: 1,696
Thanks: 23
Thanked 52 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaineyecatch View Post
Its not slow down thats a big problem - its the frame pacing which causes some awful juddering/stuttering in some games - theres a few PS4(might be pro?) games that suffer badly from it. These games are running at 60fps but due to the poor frame pacing you get the judder/stutter.

Ahhh makes sense, the way the article was written made it sound like a non-worry.
__________________
This place looks terrible in widescreen...
aliman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 06:14   #11469
platty
XBL Gamertag: PlattyStu
 
platty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Leigh,Lancs
Posts: 7,211
Thanks: 69
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Digital game refunds soon to be available , currently in alpha preview
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eur...ndows-10-games
__________________
Hasa Diga Eebowai
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 06:31   #11470
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bexleyheath
Posts: 6,953
Thanks: 385
Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
Digital game refunds soon to be available , currently in alpha preview
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eur...ndows-10-games
Nice. Shame it's only 14 days tho, fit tons of unplayed stuff that i bought in sales that I'm clearly never going to play
__________________
@GambitUK
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 18:22   #11471
fivebyfive
Leave means lies
 
fivebyfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 18,148
Thanks: 428
Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
Great about the refunds as been wanting that for ages, its been really ***** that you can't test a game out as demos are rare into days gaming age. I tried the Oceanhorn demo (sort of zelda clone) and didn't like it (felt like one of those ps1 Yaroze games) but tried the Dex demo (2d cyberpunk game) and will get that at some point.
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 22:41   #11472
larrymarr
Cant get there from here
 
larrymarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toomebridge, N.Ireland
Posts: 6,274
Thanks: 896
Thanked 1,001 Times in 581 Posts
looks like FIFA 17 is up now on EA Access
__________________
My Feedback
larrymarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 06:26   #11473
Morton
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 2,257
Thanks: 54
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I assume you still get/keep the achievements of you 'return' a game?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
__________________
XBL Gamertag: Frumper
PSN Gamertag: iFrumper
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:25   #11474
ourmatetone
PSN/XBL/Steam: tone217
 
ourmatetone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chelmsford
Posts: 15,394
Thanks: 208
Thanked 155 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I assume you still get/keep the achievements of you 'return' a game?

I would expect so. It'll work like returning a physical game. Won't be in your library, but in your played history.
ourmatetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 09:06   #11475
clarkyboy100
Very busy drinking
 
clarkyboy100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North Britain
Posts: 6,919
Thanks: 461
Thanked 439 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymarr View Post
looks like FIFA 17 is up now on EA Access
It gets slated by the fanboys but I still play it regularly. The AI is pretty impressive this time around. I can often lose a game against the CPU if I get complacent.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag - Roland Sausage (Artist formerly known as Billy the Biff)
clarkyboy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 07:44   #11476
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 25,551
Thanks: 156
Thanked 357 Times in 250 Posts
Games with Gold for May have been announced:

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director’s Cut ($14.99 ERP) for free during the month of May. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris ($19.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from May 16th to June 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Monday, May 1st, Star Wars: The Force Unleased II ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through May 15th. Then on May 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga ($19.99 ERP) for free through May 31st.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 09:45   #11477
kwangomango
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 390
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting an android inline mic working between headphones and the 3.5mm jack on the controller? I've seen a few comments that something like this should work, but the mic doesn't appear to pick anything up. Strangely, clicking the volume +/- button does cause the xbox into thinking that the mic registered a sound.
The mic and the volume buttons all work as expected when i connect to an android phone instead of the xbox controller.
kwangomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 11:12   #11478
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Alton, Hants
Posts: 3,476
Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwangomango View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting an android inline mic working between headphones and the 3.5mm jack on the controller? I've seen a few comments that something like this should work, but the mic doesn't appear to pick anything up. Strangely, clicking the volume +/- button does cause the xbox into thinking that the mic registered a sound.
The mic and the volume buttons all work as expected when i connect to an android phone instead of the xbox controller.
You do have the end with the four connections going to the controller and not the one with three?
I also have one set that only works via the headset adapter and not direct to the controller for some reason.

Last edited by Anthony.S; 27-04-2017 at 11:13.
Anthony.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 11:48   #11479
kwangomango
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 390
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.S View Post
You do have the end with the four connections going to the controller and not the one with three?
I also have one set that only works via the headset adapter and not direct to the controller for some reason.
Yeah, i have the jack with the three rings going into the controller. What one do you use which works without the headset adapter?
kwangomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 12:30   #11480
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Alton, Hants
Posts: 3,476
Thanks: 9
Thanked 184 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwangomango View Post
Yeah, i have the jack with the three rings going into the controller. What one do you use which works without the headset adapter?
It is one for my Bose QC15s and it doesn't work at all on the controller.
I bought a set of Turtle Beach XO7 pros which I use now.
These are currently reduced at Argos.

Buy Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro Xbox One Gaming Headset at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Headsets, Video games and consoles, Technology.

Last edited by Anthony.S; 27-04-2017 at 12:33.
Anthony.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The General Horror / Trash / Exploitation thread! Old & new, discuss them here! Ratfink Film Discussion 1169 08-05-2011 11:40
[Xbox 360 Console] Thread 16... .. General Xbox 360 Discussion platty Video Games Forum 1 21-01-2007 21:24
[Xbox 360 Console] Thread 14... General Xbox 360 Discussion Matt KB Video Games Forum 999 12-11-2006 10:05

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network