Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Home Entertainment Hardware forum > Home Media Streaming Forum

Old 18-07-2011, 13:41   #1
Mr Flibble
Trusted User

WDTV not detecting storage media

Hi!

I've got a WDTV player connected to a 500gb seagate USB hard drive.

Yesterday it stated there was no media present, so I've looked at the hard drive on my PC, and the folder structure is there, with all files still present.

The problem (I think) is in the WD_TV folder on the root of the drive. That's got a file in there called wdtv.cas.md5 on there. I've tried deleting the file, but windows states its corrupt/unreadable

Is there anyway I can delete this file? I think that if I do this, then reconnect, it should re-index the hard drive, and view all the files on there.

thanks!
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 13:52   #2
Mr Flibble
Trusted User

Well, an update! I couldn't delete the file on the PC upstairs (running Windows XP) but Vista on the machine downstairs let me delete it okay.

Brilliant, problem solved (I thought!) Turns out though that if I connect the USB device on the USB socket at the back of the device, it lists the drive, but says there's no media on there.

if I connect it to the other USB input on the side of the device, it works fine, weird!
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote