Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 23-07-2020, 17:28   #13501
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Yes, enjoying Carrion a lot. About 90 mins through & lack of a map is becoming frustrating but thankfully the difficulty level is increasing to a more challenging level.

Had no issues with the Xbox stream via Facebook. However nothing gave me goosebumps. No new Forza at launch is a disappointment but a 4K60 version of Forza 4 is a nice bonus. Good upcoming additions to GamePass too (Destiny 2 & DragonQuest)...
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 17:40   #13502
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Thanked 1,111 Times in 499 Posts
very few game trailers had xbox one, looks like they might be dumping the cross gen idea? its for the best as the 1 will hold back the new console
Old 23-07-2020, 17:51   #13503
dunkle
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Yes, enjoying Carrion a lot. About 90 mins through & lack of a map is becoming frustrating but thankfully the difficulty level is increasing to a more challenging level.

Had no issues with the Xbox stream via Facebook. However nothing gave me goosebumps. No new Forza at launch is a disappointment but a 4K60 version of Forza 4 is a nice bonus. Good upcoming additions to GamePass too (Destiny 2 & DragonQuest)...
Got to fifty percent through section / level called Leviathan and just got hopelessly lost and spent 20 minutes going round in circles

Not sure how far into game that is, but up until then the game had posed no issues and no challenges and I think I was pretty much just going through motions

As such, I quit and deleted it
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 19:24   #13504
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Played some of the demo fest games

Clea: walk around avoiding a monster, pretty poor. avoiding the monster is a pain at times as he can walk through a door and kill you then game over (happend twice) then it got deleted

Mayhem brawler - might be good when they finish it, the only character you can play is dull AF.

Destroy all humans = just an remaster of the original

Hellpoint - dark souls in space with horror monsters

Projection - 2d platformer and use shadows to get through the levels. Really like this

Dandy Ace: crap name - also its was dull to player just shooting enemies

Haven - nice graphics and music but the female character has weird eyebrows, its really distracting and their dialogue is really annoying. The writer no doubt loves the smell of his own farts. did the first collection mission (fetching things) hope there is more too it

9 monkeys of shaolin - quite like this
Old 23-07-2020, 20:41   #13505
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Just came to post about Carrion too, thanks for the recommendation whoever posted initially. About an hour in and really good

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
Old 23-07-2020, 23:26   #13506
TonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
Just came to post about Carrion too, thanks for the recommendation whoever posted initially. About an hour in and really good

Iím close to 4hrs into it now & still enjoying it. Surprisingly didnít get too lost in the Leviathan levels but now hopelessly stuck in the Nuclear Reactor. Particularly having fun possessing soldiers & using them to kill others (and solving the occasional puzzle)...
Old 24-07-2020, 01:21   #13507
scoobyood
Tony Danza

Thanked 1,343 Times in 674 Posts
Next gen Halo Trailer!!!

Game looks amazing

.. oh hold on... no, my mistake, it's this one.

Last edited by scoobyood; 24-07-2020 at 01:48.
scoobyood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 06:03   #13508
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

that brute at the end of the trailer looked really **** for 2020 game
Old 24-07-2020, 17:27   #13509
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Quote:
Iím close to 4hrs into it now & still enjoying it. Surprisingly didnít get too lost in the Leviathan levels but now hopelessly stuck in the Nuclear Reactor. Particularly having fun possessing soldiers & using them to kill others (and solving the occasional puzzle)...
I'm lost. Just finished uranium mines and went through portal to Frontier Wasteland and think I've been round in circles twice now...I know I need to find some wood to break somewhere but getting a little bored now

Old 24-07-2020, 17:38   #13510
TonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
I'm lost. Just finished uranium mines and went through portal to Frontier Wasteland and think I've been round in circles twice now...I know I need to find some wood to break somewhere but getting a little bored now

I had to watch a video to discover a game mechanic that was unexplained, to get past my current issue. Been fine since. The puzzle element is fun, the combat not so much. The lack of map still annoys but I suspect the game would be too easy with one...
Old 24-07-2020, 23:53   #13511
TonyG

Finally completed Carrion. Apart from another minor game mechanic that I didnít realise you could do, the remainder of the game was decent & probably was the right length. Just a few (optional) containment units to find which will be a pain to backtrack through the convoluted map.

Overall, another fun little (5-6hr) game Iíd probably have ignored if it hadnít been on GamePass...
Old 26-07-2020, 13:19   #13512
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Quote:
Finally completed Carrion. Apart from another minor game mechanic that I didnít realise you could do, the remainder of the game was decent & probably was the right length. Just a few (optional) containment units to find which will be a pain to backtrack through the convoluted map.

Overall, another fun little (5-6hr) game Iíd probably have ignored if it hadnít been on GamePass...

there is a room near the end that tells you what room have not been fully cleared. At the end I needed to look at playthrough as was getting a bit lost, a friend sent me a YT link to one, just add it here incase others find it helpful https://youtu.be/F9DAqjEyR3c

Missed a few optional containment units but overall its a good game with minor flaw that can be annoying. Perfect gamepass game, rather have good small indie games rather than big name older games that a lot of people have played
Old 28-07-2020, 14:44   #13513
lentini
now with added cymbals

Carrion was the perfect candidate for Game Pass. Great little game too with decent atmosphere thanks to the great sound design. Was properly frustrating at times though due to the lack of a map but I managed to bungle my way through it somehow and found all the containment units.
lentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 15:23   #13514
TonyG

The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Lots more good GamePass content has arrived. The well-received Switch game, The Touryst, is another perfect, little addictive title. For fans of card collecting, turn based combat, thereís Nowhere Prophet. It plays like a much more complex Slay-the-Spire. Tough, frustrating but has potential once I get to grips with the game mechanics.

F1 2019 has also replaced the 2018 version.
Old 30-07-2020, 16:45   #13515
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Quote:
Lots more good GamePass content has arrived. The well-received Switch game, The Touryst, is another perfect, little addictive title. For fans of card collecting, turn based combat, thereís Nowhere Prophet. It plays like a much more complex Slay-the-Spire. Tough, frustrating but has potential once I get to grips with the game mechanics.

ahem Yakuza Kiwami 2

Kiwami 2 has the new game engine and looks so much better than Kiwami 1

they didn't give much notice for f1 2018, normally its 14/15 days
Old 31-07-2020, 15:14   #13516
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

not so much a xbox only story but this thread is more active then any other

EA are looking to buy Warner bros studios eg Rocksteady and Netherealm after EA CTO drops a hint

Quote:
During the company's latest financial call, CFO Blake Jorgensen hints that the acquisition could be under serious consideration. When asked about snapping up new studios -- with the question suggesting a "big asset" like Warner Bros.' gaming division -- Jorgensen says that EA is "more interested than ever" in acquiring new talent.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020...ivision_buyout

EA never changes fully, they always go back to destroying the studios they buy despite what the smooth brains say about "eA hAte TrAiN!!!!"

Also I would hate Activision, and Take Two also get these studios
Old 31-07-2020, 15:33   #13517
dunkle
Trusted User

I did hope the stories of Microsoft buying warner and then making batman their exclusive and competitor to Spider-Man would come true
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 19:22   #13518
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:

Excellent - was just watching videos of The Touryst on a Switch thinking I must start thinking about getting a Switch.

Had no idea it also came out on XBox
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 19:30   #13519
TonyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Excellent - was just watching videos of The Touryst on a Switch thinking I must start thinking about getting a Switch.

Had no idea it also came out on XBox

Completed it yesterday. Good fun from start to finish. Probably about 6-7hrs in length. Only required a couple of YT visits to suss out all its secrets. The drum playing sequence was the only true frustrating moment. Gave up perfecting it for the achievement after a bazillion attempts!
Old 02-08-2020, 19:35   #13520
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Completed it yesterday. Good fun from start to finish. Probably about 6-7hrs in length. Only required a couple of YT visits to suss out all its secrets. The drum playing sequence was the only true frustrating moment. Gave up perfecting it for the achievement after a bazillion attempts!
I am guessing my PC is not up to scratch (haven't tried it on XBox yet) ... I get a "CreateGraphicsPipelineState" error when I try to start it.

Oh well - the XBox beckons
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote