Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2020, 11:25   #1
Raigmore
Ambassador to Earth

Jason & the Argonauts - HMV Premium Blu-ray

I own several BD movies from HMV's 'Premium Collection' list and was very happy with all of them till I received and saw Jason & the Argonauts recently. It is one of my favourite films and as the Sony Pictures DVD that I bought over 20 years ago was so good, I had delayed the BD upgrade till last week. I saw it last night and was very disappointed with the PQ.

A lot of scenes - including the opening one - are too dark so that I could barely make out the faces. I had to increase the brightness setting of my OLED TV from 50 to 60 to see the movie and even then was not altogether happy with the PQ. In fact, it is worse than my old DVD.

It was bought brand new and sealed from a very reliable eBay seller. So, could I have somehow received a dud copy or has anyone else noticed similar issues with this BD?
Raigmore is offline   Reply With Quote