Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 16-07-2020, 11:35   #181
son of thunder
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
I'm really enjoying Perry Mason on Sky Atlantic. Great soundtrack also.
I tend to really enjoy the majority of HBO shows and I was really looking forward to this one.

I was slightly put off by some comments about the pacing, but I really enjoy it. If you enjoyed Boardwalk empire like myself you will really enjoy this and also recognise some familiar faces

This reboot or imagining differs a little from the original series as it feels like prequel to the original series. I think its loosely based on the books rather than the series.

The look and style is fantastic and Matthew Rhys is great in the role of a of Perry Mason.
I really hope more seasons will be commissioned as there is plenty of stories and directions it can go.
Old 18-07-2020, 07:11   #182
Apostate
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLin View Post
We watched all of these over the weekend on Netflix - Warrior Nun. We started watching it for a laugh, but got caught up in it. It's strangely compelling, but definitely not high art
I like this too. It's much better than it ought to be. Good production values and well written.
Apostate is offline   Reply With Quote