Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Mobile Phone and Satellite Navigation Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-06-2020, 09:12   #1
neilalford
I angered a crow

USB wall sockets with fast charging

I was looking at fitting a double plug socket with a couple of USB ports (which seemed easy enough) but I hit the issue of fast charging.

Obviously I'd like to able to fast charge devices by plugging them directly into the USB sockets (else what's the point) but it seems like there are a whole bunch of different standards and power levels (plus the whole USB-A and USB-C complication).

Ideally I'd like something that would be compatible with all models of phone (including iPhone) for future proofing, but does such a thing even exist? Seems like maybe just getting sockets with a decent power level would allow faster charging for any devices, I just wouldn't get the absolute fastest levels that are achievable with a dedicated manufacturer specific charger, is that correct? Or would a non-specific socket just charge at standard speed?

Anybody got these sort of sockets?
neilalford is offline   Reply With Quote