Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-04-2020, 21:22   #1
jpig
Trusted User

The end of the (football) season

I wanted to take this out of the Liverpool thread because it applies to loads of other clubs aswell. But what do we do about the end of the football season?

UEFA's official line is:

Quote:
Leagues should 'explore all possible options' to reach a natural conclusion. If this cannot happen 'suspended domestic competitions should restart with a different format'.
But there's going to need to be an imaginative response to this, more imaginative than simply pretending nothing has changed and playing the remaining games to empty stadiums.

In the Premier League, it's hard to argue against anything other than saying Liverpool are champions, but I'm not sure how you can make different rules for different positions: top 8 are all in with a shout of different versions of Europe, relegation very much in play. And the other divisions would be a total mess.

I'm increasingly coming around to the idea that we need to cancel the whole thing. Liverpool fans will say I'm being predictable cos I don't want them to win it, so here's the thread where the solutions get posted. Fire away.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote