Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 10-07-2020, 09:17   #101
ourmatetone
PSN/XBL/Steam: tone217

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCW View Post
Honestly enjoyed it all again, having all the weapons & finishing the upgrades made combat more interesting, and explored more finding things I had missed. I did read some interesting ideas after finishing the game and it definitely made me look at some of the scenes differently.
I think what I’ll do is drop the difficulty down significantly on New Game+ and make it much more of an exploration playthrough. I’m also interested to see how the story holds up on re-evaluation too.

Quote:
Agree the the negativity is boring, I've managed to avoid most of that just seeing odd bits pop up in news, the threats are cowardly & pathetic but not a surprise sadly.
It’s just everywhere. You look at the responses to every official PlayStation tweet (regardless of the topic) and it’s poisoned with rants about TLoU2. Hopefully next week, when Ghosts of Tsushima is released, a lot of them will have moved on. If this is anything like the fallout from The Last Jedi though (and it’s eerily almost identical so far), this could be going on for a while.
ourmatetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:10   #102
RCW
XBL - RCW41

Reading some of the story theories changed my perspective the second time, there are things that people spotted that I wouldn't have, particularly....

It's an interpretation I quite like

got no time for the endless rants, life really is too short, and it doesn't seem to have hurt sales, much like Star Wars funnily enough.....

I'm sure ND expected this, didn't Druckmann say as much before release? The nutjobs who get so wound up they either can't accept it and move on, or can't tell a character from an actor and make threats just need to get a life, or help!
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:54   #103
Hood
HipHopPotamus

I honestly despair at the response to the game. I can't fathom how pathetic and entitled a person needs to be to think it is ok react they way they do. I can't understand how a person can constantly rant at and abuse people involved in the game, sign petitions to get the game remade etc. and not just want to die of embarrassment. I have to think that if a person actively writes or reads character assassinations about a game director then they seriously need to think about their life choices. What's wrong with just not liking something, participating in civil conversation about it and then moving on?
Away from the online world though, everyone I know that has played it thought the game was great. Absolutely none of them had any issues with it other than the ending being so bleak.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 13:11   #104
basegreen
neergesab

Just a load of edge lords showing off to each other as per. Back in the real world, no one GAF
basegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 15:42   #105
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Thanked 1,110 Times in 499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmatetone View Post
I was being a little tongue-in-cheek, but it’s kinda ironic that people whinge about him for making female characters front-and-centre of TLoU and then also moan when they they hear he “nearly” killed Elena off in Uncharted 2. It’s almost like Elena is an “acceptable” female character because she’s “the love interest”.
Not at all. also the people "moaning" as you put it about him wanting to kill off Elena and the ones "making female characters front-and-centre " are too different groups you'll find

Also Uncharted has always been a fun game, his idea would of made it awful and miserable which UC is never is

Quote:
Maybe I’m reading into it too much, or maybe not enough. I dunno. I have issues around this game, but the constantly negative discourse is tiring (and the personal attacks and threats to the creative team are completely unacceptable). It’s just a video game at the end of the day.

I do think the threats to the creative team is really out of line. Also I find the constant you must love this 10/10 or you are this type of person really tiring with sites like IGN and gamespot staff members attacking people for not praising every signal aspect. It goes both ways, say you don't like the game and give reasons why and people who love the game will attack you and also give threats

I just want to discuss the game and it seems even here you can't as its labelled as "negativity" I only wanted to bring up about UC2 story edit: so I'll leave it there

Last edited by fivebyfive; 10-07-2020 at 15:46.
fivebyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 16:20   #106
RCW
XBL - RCW41

Quote:
I honestly despair at the response to the game. I can't fathom how pathetic and entitled a person needs to be to think it is ok react they way they do. I can't understand how a person can constantly rant at and abuse people involved in the game, sign petitions to get the game remade etc. and not just want to die of embarrassment.
Ditto, entitled sums them all up.

Quote:
Away from the online world though, everyone I know that has played it thought the game was great. Absolutely none of them had any issues with it other than the ending being so bleak.
I just went in with an open mind, and although a bit too long and the final scene really was a punch in the gut (nothing actually wrong with that though ) but having read more and thought about it is open to another interpretation...

massive spoilers in the link obviously...

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/last-...ory-ellie-abby
Old 11-07-2020, 05:44   #107
basegreen
neergesab

I studiously avoided all spoilers, and trailers for this.

Finished it this morning (only get time very early and late in the day to play) and ....

Old 11-07-2020, 07:46   #108
RCW
XBL - RCW41

My thoughts too, I understand "that" scene is divisive, the first game did leave you with an emotional attachment to Joel & Ellie, in the reveal trailer it was obvious this was going to be a revenge story. It is quite shocking, but I'm still struggling to understand the level of vitriol, although you see it in movies, series etc, maybe they are just a special breed of

The OTT reactions (some of it deranged!) towards...

Agree it is innovative, and quite daring. I found the whole thing very thought provoking, and can't ignore how incredibly well it is put together. I can't remember a game when I've spent so long just panning the camera taking in the little details, I watched a few things yesterday which highlighted even more I hadn't noticed, quite amazing

Last edited by RCW; 11-07-2020 at 07:47.
Old 16-07-2020, 09:50   #109
ourmatetone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
I just want to discuss the game and it seems even here you can't as its labelled as "negativity" I only wanted to bring up about UC2 story edit: so I'll leave it there
Oh no, not at all. My comments were directed purely at the swarm of binary, non-constructive criticism I’ve seen all over social media and not at you personally. If anything, it appears we all here have some reservations about the game. Nobody is blindly leaping to its defence.
Old 16-07-2020, 10:25   #110
ourmatetone

Quote:
My thoughts too, I understand "that" scene is divisive, the first game did leave you with an emotional attachment to Joel & Ellie, in the reveal trailer it was obvious this was going to be a revenge story. It is quite shocking, but I'm still struggling to understand the level of vitriol, although you see it in movies, series etc, maybe they are just a special breed of
The funny thing is that I am generally a big fan of sequels that are subversive and deconstructive, but Game of Thrones has popularised that approach and it’s (ironically) starting to feel a bit tired. In the game’s defence though, it had been in development for seven years, so the whole thing probably felt fresher and more innovative when they plotted it out.
Old 16-07-2020, 10:42   #111
basegreen
neergesab

I'm struggling to think of a reason to pick it up again, though having said that I did play TLOU1 twice, once on PS3 and again for the PS4 remake.

I kinda missed "the world" for a few days having finished it. But no real passion to go again, even with all the Story+ changes or whatever it's called.
Old 16-07-2020, 12:18   #112
RCW
XBL - RCW41

Compared to the first it does lack something that will make me want to go back to it, TLOU has that sort of favourite movie appeal that often pulls me back in and has done regularly, when nothing is coming out it's what I go to to fill the void.

I will go back to this again eventually, not so much for the story & characters, just for the stealth based combat, that really does work well.
Old 16-07-2020, 13:35   #113
basegreen
neergesab

I actually played with the accessibility option for being invisible when prone on.

Was quite relaxing just picking people off, but it didn't work for set piece battles.
Old 16-07-2020, 18:29   #114
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

I may do the option for slow mo in fights?

As I left it after an early section in a diy store where was attacked by many (and had to protect people?) and died quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 22:37   #115
Bish

Well I've just finished it and thought it wasn't bad at all. I managed to avoid any spoilers and like basegreen I was waiting for the big controversial moments but it was a bit "is that all?". I had no problems with the length either and as an interactive movie it was fine although if you're the type of person who isn't keen on cut scenes or chapters where there's no real action then I guess you'd hate it.

I missed quite a few collectibles but doubt I'll bother going back over it and I've no desire to play it all again.

Old 24-07-2020, 07:08   #116
Hood
HipHopPotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote