Bond 25 directed by Danny Boyle - Page 3 - Forums @ The Digital Fix

Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Old 04-04-2018, 12:31   #41
cliff homewood
Trusted User

LIcence to Kill is one of the worst Bond films in my opinion for preposterously OTT action (I know that's Bond, but for some reason it narked me in this film where he can just break and drive a truck on two wheels). WHereas LIving Daylights in my opinion is one of the best Bond films, firstly it actually has a story that you need to pay attention to follow (let's face it most bond films you can just walk in and out, it doesn't matter) and the exploding milk bottles are cool and I also like the passport- coming through border control on a violin case scene as well as people being delivered by pipes, and Bond actually being shown as an assassin for a change.
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked once by:
Crawf (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 12:35   #42
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Meanwhile this conversation made me look up the pre-credits scenes:

https://mrrumsey.com/2012/10/21/the-...tle-sequences/

For me that list has got it totally wrong. The top Bond pre-credits scene is the classic Spy who Loved me parachute, that stunt always wows me when I see it and find it moving when the union jack is revealed. Followed by the Goldeneye Bungee jump, that also I find visually impressive, I'll give him third for Bond coming out of the water and unzipping to reveal a tuxedo, as that is a cool iconic moment (that I'd totally forgotten!)
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 17:57   #43
mk.ten
The Truth Is Out Where???

I hear that James Gunn is available.

https://news.sky.com/story/danny-boy...-film-11478618
mk.ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 18:06   #44
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk.ten View Post
I hear that James Gunn is available.

https://news.sky.com/story/danny-boy...-film-11478618
They should bring back one of the old bond directors; John Glen is still around get him in to do it.
Spaceranger2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 18:13   #45
mk.ten
The Truth Is Out Where???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceranger2001 View Post
They should bring back one of the old bond directors; John Glen is still around get him in to do it.

Agreed. Or Martin Campbell.
mk.ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 18:28   #46
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk.ten View Post
Agreed. Or Martin Campbell.
That would be fitting to end with director who started the Craig era, but we need him to start off the next one.

The next movie could be a break from James Bond on his own and concentrate on the rest of the 00's then you can have your Idris Elba as another 00 agent. Then rotate the main 00 in each subsequent film. Basically they have the gadgets, the outlandish scenarios but just not the name.

A Bond version of the MCU.
Old 22-08-2018, 08:50   #47
Goooner1
Trusted User

Not for me.

They certainly need to up their game, one film every 4 years (could even be longer now!) isnít any good.

Donít want to see a whole universe type deal though. Totally bored with Marvel and Star Wars now. Way too many films these days.

Don need to get 25 done, then get a younger guy in a get five or six movies done with him over say a 10 year period. If they canít manage, they should sell up and let someone else do it.

Itís not like they do anything else, is it? Well maybe the odd little movie that nobody cares

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 22-08-2018, 09:01   #48
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooner1 View Post
Not for me.

They certainly need to up their game, one film every 4 years (could even be longer now!) isnít any good.

Donít want to see a whole universe type deal though. Totally bored with Marvel and Star Wars now. Way too many films these days.

Don need to get 25 done, then get a younger guy in a get five or six movies done with him over say a 10 year period. If they canít manage, they should sell up and let someone else do it.

Itís not like they do anything else, is it? Well maybe the odd little movie that nobody cares

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The time in-between the Craig movies is ridiculous, like you said its the only movies they make but every time it seems to take ages to find the director and get geared up. You wonder why when the finishing stages of the movie are underway they are not starting up the next one.

Its also the main reason why Idris Elba is already too old. Sean Connery and Roger Moore turned the movies out far faster so age wasn't too much of an issue.

So they should expand and make movies about the other agents to fill in the gaps but please don't sell it to Disney
Old 22-08-2018, 09:17   #49
Tob
Trusted User

Not that he's some sort of radical, but I like Boyle's energy and I was curious to see what he'd do to freshen things up. Perhaps a bit too much for the producers' tastes. I suppose they have a consistent cash cow so don't want to deviate too much, but more of the same with Martin Campbell would be a bit too safe for me.

Last edited by Tob; 22-08-2018 at 09:18.
Tob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 10:47   #50
RoboCop4
Senior Mumbler

Quote:
The time in-between the Craig movies is ridiculous, like you said its the only movies they make but every time it seems to take ages to find the director and get geared up. You wonder why when the finishing stages of the movie are underway they are not starting up the next one.
Agreed. One of the problems is that the Bond franchise has forgotten that the films are really just popcorn action flicks. Since the success of CR - and especially the massive hype over Skyfail in the Olympics year - it all seems to be taken very seriously. Meanwhile, the Mission Impossible series consistently deliver better quality (IMO) films without all the pomp and circumstance.
RoboCop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 10:49   #51
allan
Trusted User

I wasn't surprised in the slightest that he went, he was only ever going to be a directory for hire and the producers would be calling the shots. Look at what happened with Solo etc. for what happens when the producers think they know best.
allan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 20:02   #52
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:

Its also the main reason why Idris Elba is already too old. Sean Connery and Roger Moore turned the movies out far faster so age wasn't too much of an issue.
Connery and Moore (to a lesser extent) had the distinct advantage of an abundance of source material; in Connery's case they were just churning through the books. It's the same reason why the Harry Potter movies didn't take very long to do. I also see other reasons going against Elba other than his age (after all, age didn't stop Moore from carrying on) - and without wanting to appear racist, it has more to do with the colour of his skin.

Quote:
So they should expand and make movies about the other agents to fill in the gaps but please don't sell it to Disney
No one cares about the other 00s - they have rarely got a mention up to now (except to highlight how crap they are compared to 007). IMHO that would be totally nonsensical idea. The MCU makes sense because all the characters are important/big enough for it to work.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 12:29   #53
jockosjungle
Alone in the Atlantic

Thanked 1,269 Times in 900 Posts
I think the success of the Bond movies is they're not churning them out, they constantly reinvent themselves keeping it fresh. It allows them to churn out hit and hit, even when at least half of them suck balls. Not sure I'd have the same patience if there were 2 a year
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 21:28   #54
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Seeing as Danny B jumped ship three names in contention are

Bart Layton American Animals and S.J. Clarkson Mistresses; í71 director Yann Demange is in the lead.

I cannot believe they are seriously considering using Bart Layton who up to American Animals (which has yet to be screened) has only made documentaries and SJ has only made TV stuff . YD has only made 2 movies the 2nd yet to be released.

3 directors with only 3 films between them you have got to be kidding if this is the best they can find.

It's just like star wars; picking directors with very little experience and expecting it to all go well.

Please phone Spielberg and give him a go I don't know what he would would charge but he would be worth it
Old 07-09-2018, 10:15   #55
aprout
worn to perfection

Location: Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs
Spielberg in the 70s/80s? Yes please. Spielberg now? No thanks.

Plus, you're dreaming if you think EON would let anyone that powerful anywhere near their baby. The reason names like Layton & Demange are being mentioned is because they like to hire people they can point in the right direction if their 'vision' isn't being met.

Also, I don't think they'd ever let an American direct a Bond flick.
aprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 18:21   #56
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Why not have Pierce Brosnan direct, he knows where his films went wrong might make all the difference to have a director with the unique point of view of having played the character.
Old 20-09-2018, 20:41   #57
Jez
Ellis Retire!

I find the choice of Cary Fukunaga interesting, not because its completely opposite to what he normally does but more the fact he's notoriously picky and controlling.

Left IT because of 'creative differences' and you hardly get complete control with Bond.

I predict he'll abandon ship like Boyle.
Old 20-09-2018, 20:52   #58
aprout
worn to perfection

Location: Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs
If he's doing it, can we get Alexandra Daddario for the female lead? Please please please?
aprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 14:30   #59
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

We haven't even got a start to DC's last Bond adventure but rumors abound that Henry Cavill is up for the role after he steps down.

The way things are going I seriously doubt we are going to get a 5th DC movie.
Old 24-09-2018, 07:04   #60
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
We haven't even got a start to DC's last Bond adventure but rumors abound that Henry Cavill is up for the role after he steps down.

The way things are going I seriously doubt we are going to get a 5th DC movie.
Henry Cavill? Good Lord, that would almost be as bad as the Bodyguard bloke - Richard Madden - doing it.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote