Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 02-03-2005, 21:49   #81
Guest 3627
GamerTag: Caygs

Sabotage? What the hell is Adele on about?
Guest 3627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 21:54   #82
Guest 27529
Rickman Groupie

by pulling strings, as is the way of the world. I'd lose 75 quid to get that shower out of my shop.
Guest 27529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 21:59   #83
cjanderson
2 phalanxs and a catapult

so if you just get charged £80 for not having got something, why not not get the diamond as it was £150????

I reckon, final 2 will be Ben and Tim, quite similar types to the final 2 in the US ones, and i can't even remember ben from earlier shows.
cjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:05   #84
Tob
Trusted User

Crikey, its quite scary to think one of this bunch are going to be on a six figure salary. I think only about 3 of them are actually employable!
Tob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:06   #85
Floop
Medium Sized Member

I need you to be my PA and your job will be to take... erm... comprehensive notes!

9.00am Entered pretend boardroom
9.01am Bickered like a headless chicken for 29 minutes
9.30am Got fired

Great. I'll bet those will come in handy!

"If I can just say..." and "If you'll just let me finish" have got to be THE MOST BORING and IRRITATING PHRASES ever to grace the lips of those supposed business woman types.

I am in no way being sexist here but when those two were arguing at the checkout, and in the taxi, I felt for the bloke that was in between them and loading the shopping who was JUST GETTING ON WITH IT!

Some battles are NOT WORTH FIGHTING because they are MEANINGLESS to the final outcome.

Most of the girls don't seem to have worked that out and fight for every perceived slight against their 'honed business acumen' as if it mattered, when what mattered was getting the job done.

Floop
Floop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:14   #86
Radiohead
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geek

I will never, until my dying day, understand how Adele didn't get fired this week. She's a control-freak who couldn't manage a bag of crisps, let alone a group of adults.

Utterly clueless, yet Sugar fired the woman who took a crap manager to task. Bizarre.
Radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:19   #87
36Degrees
Njósnavélin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanderson
so if you just get charged £80 for not having got something, why not not get the diamond as it was £150????

I reckon, final 2 will be Ben and Tim, quite similar types to the final 2 in the US ones, and i can't even remember ben from earlier shows.
Best guess was that it was based on the RRP of the value * 2 or something similar to that... doubt it would be as obvious as that.

I wonder too how they managed to get a freeview box for nowt... im going there tomorrow!
36Degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:22   #88
Floop
Medium Sized Member

Adele was supercrap agreed, but the other girl has been a headstrong saboteur twice now - selling flowers at less than cost price in episode 1, and running off to do her own equally rubbish thing in this episode.

The freeview box for nowt was very odd. It was almost like a piece of footage was missing, the way he went from saying '£75 and not a penny lower' to 'have it for free'.

I fear that Saira may have had her wicked way with Mr. Singh, there must have been something dodgy going on there.
Old 02-03-2005, 22:30   #89
Guest 1764
Dry hair’s for squids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead
I will never, until my dying day, understand how Adele didn't get fired this week. She's a control-freak who couldn't manage a bag of crisps, let alone a group of adults.

Utterly clueless, yet Sugar fired the woman who took a crap manager to task. Bizarre.

I’d imagine that the Beeb or Alan realised that leaving the bint in would make for better telly as she annoys the crap out of everyone and they chose to martyr blondie instead. Adele even has stupid hair for God’s sake!

Seems to me that all any of them are proficient at is talking the talk. Have yet to see any real evidence they can back the BS.
Guest 1764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:33   #90
Guest 19301
XBOX Live : gan03

Mr Singh saw the cameras and thought of all the punters that would be coming round!! He got free advertising!!
Guest 19301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:37   #91
Guest 1764
Dry hair’s for squids

Advertising the fact that he gives things away for nothing isn’t going to make him any money though.
Guest 1764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 23:04   #92
Guest 27972
Trusted User

If they had spent anything over £60 on the freeview box they would have lost

I thought they were very sneaky using the competition aspect and getting it for free so the asian team would win. What if the other team had gone to a relatives shop and got something for free, isn't that the same?

As **** as Adele is and the fact she should have gone, I think her team deserved to win. There is a lot of dead wood on the other team.

The blonde bird was never going to win anyway

I think the final four will be Paul, Ben, Miriam and Saira.

Saira is quite good but bloody annoying
Guest 27972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 23:07   #93
Guest 35671
Trusted User

Sugar made a bad choice on who he got rid of, in this weeks episode. Also the two execs he has with him are pure window dressing. He has to have them because of the format of the show. Sugar doesn't ask their opinion whereas Trump does ask the opinion of his execs.
Guest 35671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 23:58   #94
Jimmyboy
^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsey
Saira is quite good but bloody annoying
She probably has the most potential if only she could stop talking to people as if they were a deaf child with extra special needs. I also think playing the race card to get a free freeview box was very under hand but I guess that's business for yer.
Jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 00:20   #95
Floop
Medium Sized Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyboy
She probably has the most potential if only she could stop talking to people as if they were a deaf child with extra special needs. I also think playing the race card to get a free freeview box was very under hand but I guess that's business for yer.
Interesting point. I consider myself a holder of liberal values, but can you imagine what would have happened if Matthew had said to a white bloke in Dixons "Come on, we are the white team, we've got to stick together, help the white team win!"
Old 03-03-2005, 07:40   #96
ROne
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohead

I pondered this one over, and looked at it from AS point of view and it was in his words at the end - he didn't like someone questioning the authority of the leader.

And I assume he hadn't seen the final programme at that point so he wouldn't have the hindsight we the viewer had.

Personnally I would have fired them both even though my empathy was with Miranda.

Red DRAGON / EPIC Digital Cinema Owner/Operator - if you want to make a film most things considered!
ROne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:43   #97
Lemm
Achtung Baby!

Adele should definately have gone this week. Absolutely useless.

Also, you have to hand it to Tim, getting 5p off that champagne was an extraordinary achievement!

Last edited by Lemm; 03-03-2005 at 07:44.
Lemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:57   #98
Guest 2758
Here and now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemm
Also, you have to hand it to Tim, getting 5p off that champagne was an extraordinary achievement!
I think he blew it straight away saying it was a competition and how desperate they were to have it. Telling people how much you need it doesn't exactly give them incentive to give discounts. Next weeks looks funny as well, despite having Mohammed Al Fayed on it probably being fawned over. I hate that guy so much, he's such a sleazy character.
Guest 2758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:25   #99
Guest 48831
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyboy
I thought that was outrageous, I can't believe they got away with showing that ! She got that freeview box for free by using race as a bargining chip. I thought when watching it (and as someone else says above) just imagine if the other team had gone into a shop run by a White guy and said "We're the White team, we've got to beat those other Asians..come on, let's stick together", the BBC would be on fire with calls from self-righteous Guardian readers, but it's ok as long as it's the other way around.

Probably the right person probably got fired although both her and Adele deserved to go. You can't be a leader if one person is constantly questioning your authority and bickering with you, and i think it's a valid point that last week Adele didn't agree with her manager but just said "I'm stepping out" rather than waste time bickering, but 'blondie' just tried to gain the upper hand throughout the whole day. Mind you, Adele made a terrible leader and like quite a few on there thinks that speaking Managment drivel and asigning PA's is more important than being innovative with ideas and getting the job done quickly and efficiently.

I'll say one thing though, and that's that Sir Alan really likes Adele (for some reason which is utterly beyond me). Last week he told her "I want to see you as leader" and this week lets her off when there really wans't *that* much to judge between her and 'blondie' and she was in the same position last week. I'll be interested to see if she makes it to the final selection, I have a sneaking suspicion she will.....
Guest 48831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:53   #100
jpig
Trusted User

I don't think it was such and awful idea to have someone assigned to making notes throughout the day. With lots of prices going backwards and forwards etc, it would have been handy to have someone in charge of keeping all the information together.

Where Adele went wrong, was by letting her ego get in the way and calling it 'her PA'. Why did she not just say 'Miranda, I'd like you to be in charge of taking notes today'. But her own self importance got in the way a bit. Some of her side-ways comments were very catty too.

Still, she's certainly keeping the show interesting!!

edit: Agreed about Saira using the asian thing aswell - totally unnecessary. She started doing that in the first episode - selling flowers - by playing on the fact she was Muslim. Last night she was using her ethnicity to gain advantage. Not very pleasant to watch, and not doing much for the cause of multi-culturism.

Last edited by johnnapig; 03-03-2005 at 11:56.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote