Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2015, 19:12   #241
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,225
Thanks: 136
Thanked 165 Times in 97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
Bloody nice article in the Daily Mail of all places

Well worth a few minutes of any Manchester City fans time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...t-club-on.html

This summer is gonna be
It's nice to read stuff like that for a change; it does indeed speak volumes that the sons of several United players now play for us in the Academy.

Welcome back by the way, you've been missed on the City thread - I assume that you've been reading the "It's Quiet Thread" on BlueMoonForums? What do you make of it? I found it interesting that the resident ITK nailed his colours to the mast this weekend and today Juve coach Allegri is quoted as saying the economics of the situation mean that Pogba is for sale at the right price.

I think you're right, this summer will be nuts.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 20:34   #242
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,437
Thanks: 61
Thanked 48 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
It's nice to read stuff like that for a change; it does indeed speak volumes that the sons of several United players now play for us in the Academy.

Welcome back by the way, you've been missed on the City thread - I assume that you've been reading the "It's Quiet Thread" on BlueMoonForums? What do you make of it? I found it interesting that the resident ITK nailed his colours to the mast this weekend and today Juve coach Allegri is quoted as saying the economics of the situation mean that Pogba is for sale at the right price.

I think you're right, this summer will be nuts.
Cheers Dude for the kind words!! Just been busier than normal and something's gotta give.

As for the Quiet thread it's 'Def Con 1' so it looks like the gloves are off and City are going to come out fighting I get the feeling that as a club we've quietly gone about our summer business and the bombs are about to drop!!!
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester
Citysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 08:33   #243
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
Cheers Dude for the kind words!! Just been busier than normal and something's gotta give.

As for the Quiet thread it's 'Def Con 1' so it looks like the gloves are off and City are going to come out fighting I get the feeling that as a club we've quietly gone about our summer business and the bombs are about to drop!!!
I think the servers over there are going to have a melt down over the next few days from the sheer overload of Gif's!.

I've never seen the ITK's over there post with such confidence. Obviously things can and will go wrong but things are looking promising.

Last edited by Grunge; 16-06-2015 at 08:35.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 11:09   #244
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,225
Thanks: 136
Thanked 165 Times in 97 Posts
I like the look of our fixtures for the new season.

Chelsea 2nd match is not ideal and we have to play Chelsea and Arsenal in the last 5 matches, but that aside, all of the tougher fixtures are well separated.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 19:05   #245
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Belgian court blocking the new FFP rules.

I couldn't find a dedicated thread for it and we have had some decent debates here so I'm posting it here. UEFA seem to want to just ignore it.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33240826

Last edited by Grunge; 23-06-2015 at 19:10.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 19:45   #246
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,225
Thanks: 136
Thanked 165 Times in 97 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. I think that this will rumble on for a while yet. Meanwhile, our owners will be getting the cheque book out.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 18:19   #247
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
City's first signing of the season, a youth player called Enes ‹nal from Bursspor, 182 goals in 110 youth team appearances!.

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Arti...5#.VYxEPlJ4XCQ
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:01   #248
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Looks like the Bluemoon forums are about to hit meltdown!. Barca pulling out of the race for Pogba seems to have started all kinds of madness over there.

Last edited by Grunge; 03-07-2015 at 10:03.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:05   #249
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,225
Thanks: 136
Thanked 165 Times in 97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Looks like the Bluemoon forums are about to hit meltdown!. Barca pulling out of the race for Pogba seems to have started all kinds of madness over there.
Yeah, noticed that last night.

It'll be interesting to see if it all comes off as predicted because they seem to be one step ahead of what's in the papers - e.g. As far as the press is concerned, the last on the Sterling transfer is that Liverpool have turned down a £40M offer, yet the guy on BM reckons there's currently £50M on the table ..... but whether that's for Sterling is open to debate!
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:15   #250
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Yeah, noticed that last night.

It'll be interesting to see if it all comes off as predicted because they seem to be one step ahead of what's in the papers - e.g. As far as the press is concerned, the last on the Sterling transfer is that Liverpool have turned down a £40M offer, yet the guy on BM reckons there's currently £50M on the table ..... but whether that's for Sterling is open to debate!
Have you seen his posts this morning?

obviously take with a pinch of salt but as you know he's usually pretty accurate but anything can happen.

Saying goodbye to Dzeko and Jovetic and saying Welcome to Manchester to De Bruyne, Sterling, Delph and Pogba.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:37   #251
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG
 
Deron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 55
Thanked 96 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
The UEFA CFCB [club financial control body] has lifted a number of restrictions on Manchester City after the club reached certain targets towards break-even compliance as part of the ongoing monitoring of their settlement agreement.

"The club remains under strict monitoring and has still to meet break-even targets and is therefore subject to some limitations in 2016.
from the BBC.

Now come and spunk a load of money on Sterling so we can buy a striker.
__________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." Bill Shankly
500px
Deron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:56   #252
Eastlander
Trusted User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 957
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'm refusing to get involved in any hype around transfers this year (distance from Manchester probably helps with that) - I have no doubt we are in for the players mentioned, but they will all be very complicated deals (maybe not Delph) and it would be quite a feat to complete them all. Something usually goes wrong.

Of course we could just take the stance of '**** it, we'll pay what it takes', which would make things easier.

Also don't think Barca were ever seriously in the hunt on this occasion. Suspect it was just electioneering. They are under a transfer ban after all. The 'manager prefers another player' definitely makes it seem like it's completely dead for them now though, which is promising for City.
Eastlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 13:18   #253
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deron View Post
from the BBC.

Now come and spunk a load of money on Sterling so we can buy a striker.
I dont think it will be long to be honest. that home grown bonus for you there. Most Liverpool fan's I know will be happy to see the back of him.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 13:30   #254
Grunge
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 45
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastlander View Post
I'm refusing to get involved in any hype around transfers this year (distance from Manchester probably helps with that) - I have no doubt we are in for the players mentioned, but they will all be very complicated deals (maybe not Delph) and it would be quite a feat to complete them all. Something usually goes wrong.

Of course we could just take the stance of '**** it, we'll pay what it takes', which would make things easier.

Also don't think Barca were ever seriously in the hunt on this occasion. Suspect it was just electioneering. They are under a transfer ban after all. The 'manager prefers another player' definitely makes it seem like it's completely dead for them now though, which is promising for City.
I've been trying not too but I've never seen the ITK's on the forum be so confidant. Obviously I wont believe it until its on the Official site. but the hype is ramping up thats for sure.
Grunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 13:51   #255
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,225
Thanks: 136
Thanked 165 Times in 97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
I've been trying not too but I've never seen the ITK's on the forum be so confidant. Obviously I wont believe it until its on the Official site. but the hype is ramping up thats for sure.
The thing that sticks in my mind was his confidence that we'd signed David Silva - in the MIDDLE of the World Cup - when even the press were saying that it was not likely or could take some time ............ and then it was announced whilst the World Cup was still on.

If's he's right this time, things could be looking very rosy next week.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 21:19   #256
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,225
Thanks: 136
Thanked 165 Times in 97 Posts
First first team squad signing of the summer ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33486125

It'll be interesting to see how many games he gets and if he takes his chance when he gets on the field. Good solid signing.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:37   #257
nutter45
burninator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 10,977
Thanks: 1,646
Thanked 740 Times in 473 Posts
http://newsthump.com/2015/07/10/fabi...n-citys-bench/

nutter45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 15:05   #258
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG
 
Deron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 12,565
Thanks: 55
Thanked 96 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
First first team squad signing of the summer ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33486125

It'll be interesting to see how many games he gets and if he takes his chance when he gets on the field. Good solid signing.
Delph not going to City!

Staying at Villa.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetai...856901,00.html
__________________
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." Bill Shankly
500px
Deron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 17:53   #259
Listy
Hello meatball
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Middlesbrough
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 217
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deron View Post
Delph not going to City!

Staying at Villa.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetai...856901,00.html
Listy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 20:13   #260
Dxfatass
Now with reduced fat
 
Dxfatass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: On Cloud 20
Posts: 2,369
Thanks: 305
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
__________________
20
Dxfatass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1002 23-09-2012 17:28
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1006 10-04-2012 12:24
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1000 08-01-2012 19:12
The Manchester City thread Guest 34189 Sports Forum 1006 02-01-2009 18:30

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.qq
Copyright ©2000 - 2021 Network N Ltd.