Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion > Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix Comments

Old 19-09-2011, 09:20   #21
Guest 59061

Quote:
Originally posted by springjack
Originally posted by jaybee_elsdonIt's impressive to find someone more obtuse than a 180 degree angle.No one was offensive so your remark is out of order...On the same page, only a person that is "obtuse" is qualified to call another "obtuse".
I'm not going to be drawn any further except to point out that the meaning of obtuse is 'not quick or alert in perception'. As you seem to fail to perceive that the reviewer of the original article is different a person and therefore holds a different opinion to the reviewer of this review despite several people pointing this out I stand by obtuse as a factually acurate statement.

Guest 59061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 18:27   #22
Guest 78286
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally posted by jaybee_elsdonI'm not going to be drawn any further except to point out that the meaning of obtuse is 'not quick or alert in perception'. As you seem to fail to perceive that the reviewer of the original article is different a person and therefore holds a different opinion to the reviewer of this review despite several people pointing this out I stand by obtuse as a factually acurate statement.
As I said... "only a person that is "obtuse" is qualified to call another "obtuse".

I don´t know where you got the idea that I didn´t perceive that the reviewer of the original article is a different person of the original article.

I just stated in the first place that one should have into account that on the same site there´s more reviews/opinions about the same subject.

Guest 78286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:38   #23
Guest 74145
Trusted User

* Episode 1 a waste of space. I thought it was rubbish when I was first it and still do. Jar Jar is just wrong, the pod race boring and why do we need to go that far back? Who cares what Darth Vadar was like as a kid? The only good part is the Darth Maul fight and that's right at the end.

* Episode 2: Much better. It too doesn't need to exist though. It's story for stories sake.

* Episode 3: Excellent and frankly the whole point of telling the origin story. Why did Lucas cram the entire point of going back into the last film? Sure the clone wars are important but so much in Episode 1-2 is ultimately pointless.

I only own Episode 3 on DVD. I'm happy with that. It's the Original Trilogy that's the real catch. The stories are much better, the locations are still a joy to watch (they're real locations!) and I still root for the rebels.
Guest 74145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 21:46   #24
Guest 29
Last Of The Independents

I disliked three of the prequels when I saw them in the cinema - not sure why I kept going to them actually - but I quite enjoyed Phantom Menace when I watched it again. Mind you, I did have a raging fever and I had just sat through the whole of "The Horse Whisperer" without complaining so my standards may not have been reliable at the time.
Guest 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 21:48   #25
Guest 29
Last Of The Independents

Regarding the bizarre comments above, as a reviewer for DVD Times I assume that people know my opinion is simply my opinion and that I don't need to acknowledge that there are other people with different opinions. That's surely got to be a given before we even start. It's up to the reader to seek out different points of view if they want them.
Guest 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 23:55   #26
Niceguygeoff
I Do Deny Them My Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
It's up to the reader to seek out different points of view if they want them.
Ben Kenobi couldn't have put it better. Thanks Mike.
Niceguygeoff is offline   Reply With Quote