Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:12   #1201
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter UK View Post
Good luck to him as he's earned his payday but he really should just keep schtum and only look & talk about City now.
I agree, when a player signs for one club he should keep his mouth shut, it lacks class
Old 02-08-2009, 12:00   #1202
Guest 3357
alba gu brath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy709Sony930 View Post
A lot of those who rioted would not have been from Scotland, let alone Rangers fans.
That old chestnut

What next, they were opposing fans in Rangers shirts ?

A quick glance at the beeb site etc tells you what you need to know about those who were arrested.

Back to football, I'm looking forward to seeing what Arshavin can do over an entire season in England.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:04   #1203
Guest 12208
Do not enter the goti :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
One of the biggest problems we have is that real fans are probably in the minority. The majority seem to be made up with tourists (who spend much of the match taking souvenir photos) & corporate types who really couldn't care who wins! Then of course you have the (dare I say it?) middle classes who seem to think it's impolite to make a sound!
Should be a better atmosphere at this afternoons game. Probably winner takes all.
Shhhhhhhh!!

Anyway, Arsharvins 2nd goal was

Think we will get a few goals from him this season.
Old 02-08-2009, 16:08   #1204
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Shouldn't come as a surprise to most people, well at least Gooners, how good young Jack is but **** me the last couple of days have shown that he may be ready step up to the league right now

Please stay fit Edu, please stay fit Edu, please stay fit Edu
Old 02-08-2009, 16:12   #1205
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
Shouldn't come as a surprise to most people, well at least Gooners, how good young Jack is but **** me the last couple of days have shown that he may be ready step up to the league right now :notworth
Feo must be worried about his place. A great 1st half from the boy
Old 02-08-2009, 17:18   #1206
Guest 19514
Trusted User

This trophey presentation is awful. They're acting like its a cl final ffs. Cesc looks embarrased.
Old 02-08-2009, 17:21   #1207
Guest 24656
Banned

Location: Back Home In God's Own County Of Yorkshire, so the yokels tell me any way
Typical, Toure & Ade leaves and we win some silverware
Old 02-08-2009, 17:22   #1208
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideymoo View Post
This trophey presentation is awful. They're acting like its a cl final ffs. Cesc looks embarrased.
They always have presentations at the end of these mini tournaments. Like it or lump it.
Really good game to finish the tournament off.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20   #1209
midknight
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmac View Post
Typical, Toure & Ade leaves and we win some silverware
Just practising when we win the CL this season
Old 03-08-2009, 09:26   #1210
midknight
Trusted User

Quote:
Did it not occur to him, a 28 year old man that'd been at the club for so long to assume a 'leadership' role?.
Couldnt agree more he went for the money clearly
Old 03-08-2009, 09:36   #1211
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknight View Post
Couldnt agree more he went for the money clearly
If and it's a big if Manchester City finish above Arsenal in the Premiership, will you think he moved solely for the money?

Hand on heart. 1 word answer. Who will win the Premiership sooner Arsenal or City?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:45   #1212
H Dot
Trusted User

I had a great weekend at the Emirates cup was there to watch Rangers play wow what an atmosphere. Arsenal fans need to make more noise we were completely out singing you. Some great banter with the fans especially the wave vs the Gers bouncy.

What a player that young Wilkshire is a real star in the making.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00   #1213
Guest 20043
Trusted User

ffs anyone read toures comments, what his problem maoning about leadership he could have stayed and been that leader !!!

what a

blimey what is with players having a snipe after leaving us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
If and it's a big if Manchester City finish above Arsenal in the Premiership, will you think he moved solely for the money?

Hand on heart. 1 word answer. Who will win the Premiership sooner Arsenal or City?
I belive Arsenal all the way, we were 4 points off the top 2 seasons back and we not far off if not better then that team this season (depends on what happens to dmf or we move to 4-5-1)

breaking into the top4 and actually winning the league are two very, very diffrent things,
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24   #1214
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealnils View Post
I belive Arsenal all the way, we were 4 points off the top 2 seasons back and we not far off if not better then that team this season (depends on what happens to dmf or we move to 4-5-1)

breaking into the top4 and actually winning the league are two very, very different things,
I agree with you about Toure. He spent 7 years there and Arsenal improved him as a player and gave him his chance in the big time. He should show a bit more class and either thank Arsenal or keep his mouth shut.

It does him no good, it does Manchester City no good and it's certainly does the club that gave him his opportunity no good. Bad feelings all round when it's not needed.

When/If Manchester City break the Top 4 that's when the fireworks are gonna take place. We will be able to offer our target players Champions League football, this will light the 'Blue touch' paper

We have been buying players that are not top of the pile so far, rather the next level down or indeed the level below that. When/if we offer CL football I feel that will change.

If Arsenal are the ones to fall out of the top 4 for a couple of seasons and are denied CL money they will have to rethink their business strategy. This could if not handled correctly spell big problems for Arsenal. Which is a shame as I feel that Arsenal have got a fantastic Football club and do things the right way

On a different note if we break into the top 4, Arsenal is the one team I hope we don't dislodge because I think as a club they are a Class act.
Old 03-08-2009, 14:59   #1215
midknight
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post

Now clearly I would say Arsenal but thats cos im slightly biased ....but to try and be objective here Yes arsenal do have some defencies manly one being an experienced leader type player now the question who will win the league sooner yes man city have a bottomless pity of money to me they still have'nt a balanced side rather top heavy (bit like my girlfriend lol) so lets see how they gel together at least when chelsea started flashing the cash they had a core of good players built around John Terry (born leader) where man city will have totally rebuild its defence and be interesting how long certain players are happy keeping the bench warm.
Old 03-08-2009, 16:06   #1216
Snoopy
PSN: Nevyn1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknight View Post
Now clearly I would say Arsenal but thats cos im slightly biased ....but to try and be objective here Yes arsenal do have some defencies manly one being an experienced leader type player now the question who will win the league sooner yes man city have a bottomless pity of money to me they still have'nt a balanced side rather top heavy (bit like my girlfriend lol) so lets see how they gel together at least when chelsea started flashing the cash they had a core of good players built around John Terry (born leader) where man city will have totally rebuild its defence and be interesting how long certain players are happy keeping the bench warm.
Plus we will have to see if Mark Hughes can keep control of the dressing room with quite a few egos coming in all wanting first team football.

The reality is Man City have too big a gap to close to do it in one season where as Arsenal will be in the mix, and with a bit of luck and no long term injurys to key players they could win the league this season.
Old 03-08-2009, 16:16   #1217
jerl100
xbl/psn: khasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
The reality is Man City have too big a gap to close to do it in one season where as Arsenal will be in the mix, and with a bit of luck and no long term injurys to key players they could win the league this season.
Old 03-08-2009, 19:32   #1218
Guest 24656
Banned

Location: Back Home In God's Own County Of Yorkshire, so the yokels tell me any way
Vieira's having his medical

Old 03-08-2009, 20:17   #1219
ICEM@N
MD of Ivor Yard Ent Inc

looks like a deal for Marouane Chamakh might be imminent? - as usual as with Arshavin, Arsenal are trying to get the cheapest deal (have offered £5million so far?), Bordeaux know they have just sold 2 players and are looking for more....um...
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46   #1220
shand754
Gamertag - Shanduk

Interesting editorial in the latest issue of the Gooner fanzine suggesting that failure to qualify for the CL group stages would cost the club about £40 million and that money is crucial to servicing the clubs debts. Hence the club keeping the money for Arabspaymore and Toure in the bank until they at least know who they will be facing in the CL qualification before any further transfers.

The papers are linking Arsenal with Kalou again this morning. Might be a slightly safer bet that Chamakh but I am not sure.