Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2009, 11:56   #1081
Guest 20043
Trusted User

what the hell why is Sanderous off

also thats a long bloody post on arseblogger.........
Old 27-07-2009, 12:35   #1082
At The Gates
Trusted User

Getting rid of adebayor, toure and eboue? two of whom could go to direct rivals? Getting a bit ridiculous especially since that Belgian defender could turn out to be the new stepanovs. Quite worried now as it looks like we'll start the season 3 players down with no replacements. Can talk as much as you like about van persie, eduardo etc being back, but they'll be injured again after about 3 games. With our non existant strength in depth why are we getting rid of loads of players. They should be shoring up the leaky defense for a start. Don't think senderos is going to help that...
Old 27-07-2009, 13:43   #1083
Guest 20043
Trusted User

Are we going to see ashravin play onthe wings or in attack (ala bergkamp)

Youtube ( i know) shows him doing a lot of damage from a DB10 type of role

Vela played a blinder last night for mexico apprently , they were 0-0 at halfe time with usa.......

He came on and hand a hand in 4 goals and scored one him self beating usa 5-1
(usa resere team i think)
Old 27-07-2009, 14:56   #1084
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Doesn't make sense to call out for replacements in one breath and then say that a new replacement that actually has come in could very well be crap in the next breath.

Continuing on with the media contortions/ Gazidis fan PR campaign/ Ade theme Clichy denies calling Ade out. Which he didn't really, only the headlines read like it.

“Only Ade knows why he went and we have to live with this. He was a good player for us but now he is gone and I don’t want to talk about him anymore.

"But good luck to him and I will see him on the pitch later this season.”

I notice Toure's not in any of the Austria pics from either today or Saturday....

Edit: And of course he starts for Arsenal this evening

Edu's finishing seems to be as good as ever

Cor, 4 great finishes from EdS and Bendtner so far!

Last edited by Peter UK; 27-07-2009 at 17:48.
Old 27-07-2009, 18:29   #1085
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Have there been wholesale changes at half time? I'm stuck at work unfortunatley, hopefully they'll be highlights on ATVO tomorrow.
Old 27-07-2009, 18:35   #1086
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Aye - Gallas, Sagna, Sil, Vermie, Arsh, RvP & Senderos all on.

Vermie looks like he can ping a ball the length of the pitch like Reyes did.

Senderos doing a sterling job in CM :nod:

Best penalty ever - some Brazilian player tried the old run up, stutter, then score routine, only he slips, sees the goalie go down and then hits the ball...... which trickles wide Szczesny gives him the five knuckle shuffle sign too

Last edited by Peter UK; 27-07-2009 at 19:01.
Old 28-07-2009, 10:51   #1087
silent
The Devils Reject

wenger must have some big deals coming out though. can't let that amount go and not replace. that said, i think your youth players are awesome.

the rate your going, we may actually beat you this year
Old 28-07-2009, 15:21   #1088
midknight
Trusted User

Well im getting a bit worried now ade gone and signs are that toure is on his way to man city ade not really bothered about but toure is a differant cattle of fish ...id rather gallas was going than toure hopefully arsene can pull of a sol campbell type signing from a few years back (mind you that lot across the 7 sisters have all their centre backs injured) so how about John Terry joining us ...oh well I guess that aint going to happen.

I for one will be going on Sept 12th to see if this new look city will threaten the top 4.
Old 28-07-2009, 16:23   #1089
Guest 12859
Iron Mind.

Selling Toure would be a mistake...the guy is a big warrior at the back there..

The only thing I can think is that Arsene has some big signings up his sleeve......
Old 28-07-2009, 17:19   #1090
Guest 7237
Trusted User

See, I'm amazed that someone like Ade could have so much vitriol thrown his way yet Toure, who actually handed in a transfer request and Wenger conceeded so in public, doesn't even get the slightest whiff of disquiet.

For me, Gallas is far and away the best CB at the club and has been for years.

Toure's, quite rightly, been dropped to third or possibly even fourth in the pecking order and he's obviously not happy here so it's good business for me. Not that I won't shed a wee football tear as our Lionheart goes off oop north.

Last edited by Peter UK; 28-07-2009 at 17:20.
Old 28-07-2009, 17:40   #1091
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

But Wenger identified your defence as the main difference between yourselves and Man U...

I rate Toure and still don't understand how he dropped out of favour. He always seemed to take conceding a goal personally.

Unless you have experienced defenders lined up, you may risk disrupting the spine of the team. Man U bullied you in the Champions League and just looked physically stronger.

You may play pretty football, but there are a lot of teams about now, who realise they can't play with the top teams and instead concentrate on set-pieces and other scenario's.
Old 28-07-2009, 17:51   #1092
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Arsenal have been playing against set piece/ nick-a-goal/ bullying teams for years and imo on the whole have vastly improved their handling of them.

Toure dropped out of favour cos he got ill, got fat and was playing **** and it would seem he wasn't interested in working to regain his place and wanted an easy way out.

NOT what I would've expected from someone who I used to say was one of the best CB's in the league a few years back.
Old 28-07-2009, 18:02   #1093
Lemm
Achtung Baby!

Toure wasn't at his best last season (didn't he catch malaria last summer?), coupled with the fact he could miss 2 months after Christmas with the African nations cup makes Ł16m difficult to turn down.
Old 28-07-2009, 18:13   #1094
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter UK View Post
Arsenal have been playing against set piece/ nick-a-goal/ bullying teams for years and imo on the whole have vastly improved their handling of them.

Toure dropped out of favour cos he got ill, got fat and was playing **** and it would seem he wasn't interested in working to regain his place and wanted an easy way out.

NOT what I would've expected from someone who I used to say was one of the best CB's in the league a few years back.
Fair enough...

Always did wander what happened to Toure.

So who is your main defensive pairing then?

Gallas and who else?
Old 28-07-2009, 18:21   #1095
Guest 7237
Trusted User

I reckon it'll be

Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy

Toure's form dropped when he came back from the last ACN IIRC, then he got malaria last summer and plyed on the weight. He then had a falling out with his club captain, got a transfer request turned down and then played the rest of the season like he didn't care.

Gone were the days of him jumping up and down when they conceeded a goal, just seemed like he was treading water imo.
Old 28-07-2009, 18:32   #1096
arrowst
the magic faraway tree

Wasn't the general consensus that Arsenal lacked a CB who could dominate in the air with the Gallas/Toure partnership? I assume Vermalen's partly been brought in to address this?
Old 28-07-2009, 19:06   #1097
Guest 69106
Banned

Arsenal will finish 3rd and it will be bye bye arsen as the gunners go half a decade without a trophy
Old 28-07-2009, 19:08   #1098
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
I reckon it'll be

Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy

Toure's form dropped when he came back from the last ACN IIRC, then he got malaria last summer and plyed on the weight. He then had a falling out with his club captain, got a transfer request turned down and then played the rest of the season like he didn't care.

Gone were the days of him jumping up and down when they conceeded a goal, just seemed like he was treading water imo.
Kolo certainly went down hill after he got ill (so much so that I'm not too disappointed to see him go), but one thing I'd never accuse him of, is not caring.

Quote:
See, I'm amazed that someone like Ade could have so much vitriol thrown his way yet Toure, who actually handed in a transfer request and Wenger conceeded so in public, doesn't even get the slightest whiff of disquiet.

Kolo gave us seven & a half years service (six of them excellent), Ade on the other hand is a ****
Wouldn't mind betting that when we play City, Kolo gets cheered & Ade gets booed.
Old 28-07-2009, 19:19   #1099
Guest 20043
Trusted User

Arsene is going nowhere win or lose considering his net spend since he has began and the postion the club is in hes done a wonderful job!

Moving a to a new staduim in this climiate isnt easy and at least the debt is for the stadium and not becuase we have been bought by someone or a team of people who coudn't actually afford to buy the club.

we could finish 5th and i wouldn't want wenger to go.Clubs let go of managers too easliy these days.

Peter the reason no one is moaning about toure is we like him but we know its time to go hes been a shadow of him self since gallas has come in. Hes getting older and slower and they offering 15m!!!

He wants to leave then let him go gracefully guys done a lot for us.

On a personal note OMFG it looks like im finally gonna get to go to an actual arenal league game should get tickets to go watch Everton vs Arsenal for my birthday

hope ashravin plays !!!
Cant wear my fabregas or god top though got tickets in the home section

Last edited by unrealnils; 28-07-2009 at 19:26.
Old 28-07-2009, 20:08   #1100
DavidHasslehoff
Don't Hassle the Hoff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermainejones View Post
Arsenal will finish 3rd and it will be bye bye arsen as the gunners go half a decade without a trophy
Interesting. Who do you think will finish 4th and 5th then?

Personally I think that if you are right and Arsenal do finish 3rd, Wenger will be seen to have done extremely well and will secure his position further.

SSN were showing a chart of players that Wenger had bought on the cheap and then sold at a huge profit. It's quite remarkable what he's done, and I'd say he's unsurpassed in the transfer market.
Closed Thread