Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2007, 20:52   #101
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Raneri leaves Parma!!

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/may31s.html

Could he be on his way, no comments from Chelsea fans, would love to hear your opinions on the Man

Gotta be a better choice than Pearce
Old 11-06-2007, 15:56   #102
GregB
Trusted User

Thanked 1,077 Times in 541 Posts
I;m surprised no ne has upped this thread yet with the news that Shinawatra has had a load of his cash frozen by the Thai authorities http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6741043.stm

That can't be good news for the propsed take over
Old 11-06-2007, 16:14   #103
Guest 8751
Trusted User

two massive (sic) blows in a week for city then

losing Ranieri to a little known italian team, and now the thai having his money frozen.
Old 11-06-2007, 18:04   #104
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

It's not looking good

We have a very small squad and will struggle just to stay in the Premiership. We've lost 10 players so far, including Barton and Distin. The signs are worrying.

Only hope we have a Plan B. Knowing Manchester City that won't be the case

We've no manager, a small squad, no goals in us, no scouting network, no chance of getting players in the way the things are
Old 12-06-2007, 14:16   #105
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Deal Still on
We need to make sure something happens and the sooner the better. With no structure in place, the club is moving backwards at a very quick pace. Others are building around us and we are selling.

On another subject Barton is looking for a payment From Manchester City. This just shows him for the human being he is. He's signed a contract worth £70,000 a week and wants a payment from City for his loyal service

If Manchester City are forced to pay this sum, I hope Dabo takes Barton to court for GBH and get the scroat sent down
Old 12-06-2007, 14:38   #106
GregB
Trusted User

Thanked 1,077 Times in 541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post

On another subject Barton is looking for a payment From Manchester City. This just shows him for the human being he is. He's signed a contract worth £70,000 a week and wants a payment from City for his loyal service

If Manchester City are forced to pay this sum, I hope Dabo takes Barton to court for GBH and get the scroat sent down
Much as I dislike Barton he may actually be in the right on this (legally if not morally). If, as his reps are claiming, he is due £300k if Man City sell him on without him requesting a transfer then he is perfectly entitled to the money. The exact wording of his contract would need to be seen to be sure.

Mind you it just shows you how ridiculous some of the clauses in football contracts truely are
Old 12-06-2007, 14:50   #107
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

The latest development is:-

Quote:
PFA official Mick McGuire is handling the mediation after Barton and his agent Willie McKay asked for the assistance of the players' union.

McGuire said: "We are looking for an amicable conclusion to this.

"I have spoken to Joey, his agent and Alistair Mackintosh (City's chief executive) and I also intend talking to Sam Allardyce at Newcastle.

"But this is not an easy situation because City believe Joey is not entitled to the money, because it was the player who triggered to move by activating the part of his contract that says he can talk to other clubs who bid £5.5million.

"City believe that by doing that, he effectively asked for a transfer."

And there is also a belief that City do not really want to sell the player, certainly for such a relatively low fee and would prefer for everything to be delayed until new owners and - more importantly - a new manager is appointed at Eastlands.

Barton agreed to the move to St James' Park last week, but so far the deal has not been concluded because City are refusing to budge on the £300,000 Barton believes he is entitled to.

McGuire said: "This is a signing-on fee, not a loyalty bonus. This does not seem to be black and white, certainly as far as City are concerned.

"At the moment we (PFA) are looking for a way forward that will be acceptable to everyone."

However, City do not seem to be in any hurry to sanction the deal - with Barton now on holiday in Dubai - and could hold out until the player gives up his claim on the cash.

And they are particularly annoyed with the player taking this stance having stood by him on several occasions in recent years after off-field problems.
Old 12-06-2007, 14:52   #108
Guest 8751
Trusted User

surely there is potential for things to go seriously pear shaped if the thai buys the club with money which is later proved to be dodgy, and his 'assets' are further frozen.
Old 21-06-2007, 10:22   #109
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well it looks like the Thai's are coming:-

Shinawatra Bid

This will change the face of Manchester City forever, for better or worse only time will tell. We need majpr league stability and investment. We can hope for Roman Arkadyevich Abramovich and the worse Michael Knighton. If he can't return to his home country and ploughs lots of cash into Manchester City, that will do nicely.

So for better or worse, strap up and enjoy the ride!!!!
Old 21-06-2007, 15:57   #110
Guest 10877
Bink Bink

Think they said on the news earlier that the FA or Premier League can stop the take-over (or maybe stop him owning a league club) due to some "Good and proper persons" clause.

If they aren't happy with the owner and/or his funds, they either stop the take-over (is that even possible?) or remove them from the league.
Old 22-06-2007, 09:57   #111
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

From the BBC's Gossip page:

Quote:
Sven-Goran Eriksson will receive an annual salary of either £2m (Guardian), £3m (Daily Telegraph), £6m (The Times) or £8m (Daily Mail) when he takes over at Man City.
Old 22-06-2007, 10:56   #112
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

With £50 mil to spend that should raise us a few places up the league. I for one would welcome Sven at Manchester City if he were appointed. He has had a great club record and would undoubtable raise the profile of the club.

If we have millions to spend, we have to be realistic, Manchester United spent £50 mil last month, on top of whatever they have spent to assemble their Premiership squad. I for one don't like being compared to Manchester United, because they are a multi global operation and we are a very small structure compared to 'em. The only thing we have in common is the word Manchester in the title. It would require Chelseaesq style of investment to compete
Old 22-06-2007, 12:02   #113
the_edge30
Give me all your lootz

Man Utd have not spent anywhere near £50 million.
Old 22-06-2007, 12:09   #114
Baz
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_edge30 View Post
Man Utd have not spent anywhere near £50 million.
Whats the point in posting that? We all know they have, if you know any different then why not state that in your original post?

Hargreaves £18m
Nani £16m
Anderson £17m

Is as i understand it.
Old 22-06-2007, 12:12   #115
the_edge30
Give me all your lootz

No one has signed "officially" yet, and I seriously doubt that Man U will be paying out the figures you have quoted (unless some players are sold).

If this City takeover happens you can live happy in the knowledge that you will be able to outspend the Reds if you so wish.
Old 22-06-2007, 12:14   #116
Guest 8751
Trusted User

no prices have yet been confirmed for any of United's summer season.

the 50 million, is media speculation, and is plainly wrong.

if anything it will be UP to 50 million, as the contracts will include a lot of clauses on potential, and also will be paid over time.

all completely off topic for this thread, but discussed in the United thread at the time.

What sven will do, is make City hard to beat, if not spectacular to watch, and I'd expect him to move for players like Jenas.
Old 22-06-2007, 13:55   #117
Baz
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_edge30 View Post
No one has signed "officially" yet, and I seriously doubt that Man U will be paying out the figures you have quoted (unless some players are sold).
Hargreaves is in the Official United squad on their website and has signed officially and United has also signed a binding agreement for Anderson. And Im assuming a binding agreement is also in place for Nani.

Regardless of the exact sums, Hargreaves was over £15m without question and the other two wont be far behind. Closer to £50m than £30m without a doubt.
Old 25-06-2007, 16:18   #118
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well some Great news today, Nedum Onuoha has committed himself to Manchester City by signing a new four-year contract with the Club. A truly quality youngster who seems to have Manchester City at heart. Superb news!!

Nedum
Now to see who gonna manage him. Sven?
Old 25-06-2007, 16:27   #119
Guest 10361
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
Well some Great news today, Nedum Onuoha has committed himself to Manchester City by signing a new four-year contract with the Club. A truly quality youngster
Sven will soon put a stop to that.
Old 25-06-2007, 16:35   #120
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by steford View Post
Sven will soon put a stop to that.
Nedum was one of the stars of the England campaign in the under 21's. Sven has a great track record with clubs.

Nedum is one of the better youngsters in the Premiership, in my humble opinion and has been unlucky with injuries. So I'm chuft that he's signed up. If you listen to players who have played under Sven at club level, they don't think on the whole that he has hindered their development. So I don't think you have much substance to your comment. Unless of course you care to expand?