Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 16:14   #61
Guest 16989
Trusted User

Don't mind admitting I was worried when he took over as boss, but the guy has been a class act from day one. Don't think any City fans are surprised by this 'revelation' really, hopefully his leading by example will shame a few players into smartening up their acts!
Old 20-09-2006, 20:58   #62
platty
XBL Gamertag: PlattyStu

Citysmith....where are you..... ...year after year...prolly the only chance you have to win ANYTHING ....and you fail miserably .....
Old 20-09-2006, 21:13   #63
Alan b
Administrator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 581 Posts
It looks Sky picked the wrong cup game to cover tonight to go with the wrong choice yesterday as well. We all know Sky like showing these small teams against the big boys for the possibility of seeing an upset.
Old 21-09-2006, 10:00   #64
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by platty
Citysmith....where are you..... ...year after year...prolly the only chance you have to win ANYTHING ....and you fail miserably .....
Here I am

The Beauty of being a Manchester City fan as opposed to many, many fans up and down the country who ĎChooseí who they support. Itís in the blood, handed down through generations. Any follower of a team thatís had the ups and downs that ours has, or indeed a supporter of one of the lower league clubs knows what itís like to ĎFailí.

Football supporters across the land who donít follow one of the big 4 or 5, know what mid-table mediocrity means, or going to half empty grounds on a Mid-week night, to get humiliated, to turn over the bigger boys, to avoid relegation, to get promotion, to have the beauty of inconsistency.

Through ĎThick and Thiní, I will always follow Manchester City, going to home games and a few away games a season. I didnít go to Chesterfield, but was at Blackburn on Sunday and besides the result, had a good laugh with great people Iíve known now for a good few years.

The people I sit next to at Homes games have in some cases become like family. You go to their weddings, Christenings, funerals, birthdays etc.. If you donít go to a game for any reason, they are on the phone, you have a beer before the game or after and generally people from all walks of life come together for a common cause. Itís awesome. Thatís the beauty of following my MCFC in my case, coming from Manchester, sitting with like minded people, who grew up in the same neighbourhoods, went to the same clubs and schools as you growing up, itís like one Huge family and I love it.

A win last night would however of been Good
Old 21-09-2006, 12:45   #65
Guest 54379
Banned

My opinion is that we're going to struggle to stay up this season. So getting knocked out of the worthless at an early stage is actually helpful in avoiding injuries, fatigue and suspensions in the Premiership.
Old 21-09-2006, 18:58   #66
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith
Here I am

The Beauty of being a Manchester City fan as opposed to many, many fans up and down the country who ĎChooseí who they support. Itís in the blood, handed down through generations. Any follower of a team thatís had the ups and downs that ours has, or indeed a supporter of one of the lower league clubs knows what itís like to ĎFailí.

Football supporters across the land who donít follow one of the big 4 or 5, know what mid-table mediocrity means, or going to half empty grounds on a Mid-week night, to get humiliated, to turn over the bigger boys, to avoid relegation, to get promotion, to have the beauty of inconsistency.

Through ĎThick and Thiní, I will always follow Manchester City, going to home games and a few away games a season. I didnít go to Chesterfield, but was at Blackburn on Sunday and besides the result, had a good laugh with great people Iíve known now for a good few years.

The people I sit next to at Homes games have in some cases become like family. You go to their weddings, Christenings, funerals, birthdays etc.. If you donít go to a game for any reason, they are on the phone, you have a beer before the game or after and generally people from all walks of life come together for a common cause. Itís awesome. Thatís the beauty of following my MCFC in my case, coming from Manchester, sitting with like minded people, who grew up in the same neighbourhoods, went to the same clubs and schools as you growing up, itís like one Huge family and I love it.

A win last night would however of been Good
OMG, where's the vomiting smiley gone?

Got to be one of the most patronising, vomit-inducing and sycophantic posts I've ever read.

Citysmith, I believe platty posted regarding City's defeat at Chesterfield? Exactly where did he ask WHY you supported City and WHO you go drinking with? What relevance is that to last night's shameful result?

I suppose you're insinuating that City are the only club in the in the history of football (or, at least, Greater Manchester) where you can go for a pre/post match drink with your 'mates'?

Last edited by Fever Dawg; 21-09-2006 at 19:20.
Old 21-09-2006, 19:29   #67
Mandrill
Live !Tag Nabby81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan b
It looks Sky picked the wrong cup game to cover tonight to go with the wrong choice yesterday as well. We all know Sky like showing these small teams against the big boys for the possibility of seeing an upset.

Indeed I lost count of the amount of times they showed footage from Villa being beat by Doncaster last season...the ********
Old 21-09-2006, 19:54   #68
Guest 48579
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotar
My opinion is that we're going to struggle to stay up this season.
Can I quote you on that? It's the complete opposite of what you have told me in the "real" world!
Old 22-09-2006, 10:48   #69
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dawg
OMG, where's the vomiting smiley gone?

Got to be one of the most patronising, vomit-inducing and sycophantic posts I've ever read.

Citysmith, I believe platty posted regarding City's defeat at Chesterfield? Exactly where did he ask WHY you supported City and WHO you go drinking with? What relevance is that to last night's shameful result?

I suppose you're insinuating that City are the only club in the in the history of football (or, at least, Greater Manchester) where you can go for a pre/post match drink with your 'mates'?
I suppose you're insinuating . I've been to Manchester United away games with blokes who drank well over 20 pints during the day, so you can suppose I'm insinuating what you like. Read what platty wrote I suppose I insinuated with his year after year comment, that he may of insinutaed supposedly a longer period of time than 1 game
Old 22-09-2006, 18:26   #70
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith
I suppose you're insinuating . I've been to Manchester United away games with blokes who drank well over 20 pints during the day, so you can suppose I'm insinuating what you like. Read what platty wrote I suppose I insinuated with his year after year comment, that he may of insinutaed supposedly a longer period of time than 1 game
Most sycophantic to most confusing in just 2 posts. I'm bailing out here as I haven't got a clue as to what on earth you are talking about/insinuating.
Old 30-09-2006, 16:20   #71
Barny79
Trusted User

The Beeb are reporting Micah Richards mooned the Everton fans after equalising today

Sorry assumed they were referring to Richards.

Last edited by Barny79; 30-09-2006 at 17:57.
Old 30-09-2006, 17:49   #72
Alan b
Administrator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/5373474.stm

Quote:
But City midfield man Joey Barton may face an inquiry after angering Everton's fans after the final whistle, baring his backside to the home crowd after celebrating with his own supporters.
If what the BBC were saying and the above is correct then the guy is an idiot, just how many chances does he want ?
Old 30-09-2006, 22:37   #73
Barny79
Trusted User

Richards goal appeared to be offside
Old 01-10-2006, 09:15   #74
Guest 16989
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan b
If what the BBC were saying and the above is correct then the guy is an idiot, just how many chances does he want ?
BBC don't mention the 90 minutes of needless and distasteful abuse dished out to Barton by the scousers.

Personally think his response was restrained (and actually quite amusing) given the circumstances.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28   #75
Alan b
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwriter
BBC don't mention the 90 minutes of needless and distasteful abuse dished out to Barton by the scousers.
No they didn't mention any abuse that was directed at him but that wasn't the way to deal with it.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:34   #76
Guest 16989
Trusted User

No, true, a model professional would have just ignored it, but we are talking Joey Barton after all What he did was lighthearted really - I was half expecting him to vault in to the crowd and start biting people

Bottom line for me (so many puns) is that what he did is much less offensive than what the Evertonians did to him, but I didn't see anyone (City fans, Everton fans or Barton) complaining to the stewards or phoning the police about the offensive songs. So the Evertonians on the phone to the police need to seriously get a grip IMO.
Old 06-05-2007, 14:27   #77
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Went to the derby yesterday.

We didn't get turned over quite as badly as I thought. The athmosphere was very good and enjoyed the club giving away a scarf, thought it was a nice touch.

City started with that formation of one up front, which is hardly likely to score us a hatfull. Barton couldn't play as he'd been banned by the football club. Fair play to Manchester City for banning their best player this season, before the Manchester derby.

He won't play for us again, I can see Keane snapping him up for Sunderland. He'll be in good company

Well we lost, but considering Ferdinand cost more than our whole team, it's always going to be a David and Goliath situation. We can compete on a one off game basis, but we are a million miles from being able to splash out endless millions to compete with a team like Manchester United or Chelsea.

Bring on the Thai's
Old 08-05-2007, 19:42   #78
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Ball takes it on the Chin, (the punishment that is)

Wonder if we'll get an apology from Roy Keane for his assault on Haaland. He went out to hurt Haaland badly and did just this.

Balls stamp was no worse than Rooneys in the WC. He's got a three match ban. No worse than Cantonas stamp on John Moncur, no worse than than Keanes stamp on Gareth Southgate. End of.

PS We are leading 1-0 in the Manchester senior cup

C'mon Manchester City
Old 08-05-2007, 19:45   #79
Barny79
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post

PS We are leading 1-0 in the Manchester senior cup
Nice to see City fans finally being realistic about their trophy hopes

Last edited by Barny79; 08-05-2007 at 19:45.
Old 08-05-2007, 19:49   #80
Guest 10592
Come along, Pond.

What's happening with Pearce? Will he still be manager next season?
Closed Thread