Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 13:29   #181
Tob
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Just curious but Where did you see the The directors told me that they're going to sign more Brazilians. But, I cannot reveal the names." quote? I cant find it anywhere.
It's the last sentence in the quote mrwriter posted above
Old 02-08-2007, 14:28   #182
Grunge
Trusted User

looks like Valeri Bojinov is coming to city too.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...637328,00.html

Quote:
Valeri Bojinov has thanked Sven Goran Eriksson for taking him to Manchester City.

The Bulgarian is putting the finishing touches to his £7.5million switch from Fiorentina to The City of Manchester Stadium.

City completed deals for Javi Garrido, Vedran Corluka and Elano on Thursday, but with seven new faces signed - Eriksson is far from done and Bojinov is set to join the influx.

"I would like to thank Mr Eriksson for giving me the possibility of this transfer," Bojinov told La Repubblica.

"I have spent eight years in Italy but now is the right time for me to change country."

Bojinov is set to be confirmed as another new City signing over the coming days.

Bojinov is already believed to have agreed terms on a four-year contract with City.
Old 02-08-2007, 14:57   #183
john316
XBL: morro316

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Far more likely to be the pull of Thaksin's money IMO.
Lots of mid level Premiership clubs are flush with cash like Pompey, West Ham etc but Sven is getting very decent players at decent prices to join City.
Old 02-08-2007, 16:09   #184
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Am loving today. Players have been arriving left, right and centre today. Sven is the reason they are coming from all over the place.

Rumours doing the rounds tonight on the Manchester City boards is that there is still more to come over the next couple of days.

Bojinov thanks Eriksson
Quote:
Valeri Bojinov has thanked Sven Goran Eriksson for taking him to Manchester City.

The Bulgarian is putting the finishing touches to his £7.5million switch from Fiorentina to The City of Manchester Stadium.

City completed deals for Javi Garrido, Vedran Corluka and Elano on Thursday, but with seven new faces signed - Eriksson is far from done and Bojinov is set to join the influx.
Sounds promising that he is joining the Foriegn Legion arriving at Manchester City. Just hope this lot can gel together and look to push up the table. Sven has obviously done his homework. Onwards and upwards with Sven
Old 03-08-2007, 09:04   #185
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Another One Confirmed:-

Bojinov signs for City

Quote:
Commenting on the deal, City Chief Excutive Alistair Mackintosh said: "Our signing of Valeri is another sign of the impact made by Dr Thaksin and Sven-Goran Eriksson. Valeri is an exciting young player and a great addition to the squad."
After all these years of following Manchester City, I can't quite believe what's going on at the mo

Any Italian footy fans know much about him?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:05   #186
Guest 48579
Banned

Well, I know two City fans and they are both saying that City will qualify for the champions League

In deed, I have just had a £20 bet with a colleague who thinks that City will finish above Liverpool this season

A fool and his money are soon parted!

Last edited by Cockeye; 03-08-2007 at 11:06.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:12   #187
john316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Well, I know two City fans and they are both saying that City will qualify for the champions League

In deed, I have just had a £20 bet with a colleague who thinks that City will finish above Liverpool this season

A fool and his money are soon parted!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22   #188
john316

A bit like the UN with all the different languages in this Press Conference at the mo
Old 03-08-2007, 17:58   #189
Barny79
Trusted User

Nice of Sven to give United a plug in his press conference
Old 04-08-2007, 19:30   #190
Guest 16989
Trusted User

Anyone else go to the Valencia game today?

We lost 1-0 but that doesn't tell the story.

Considering the team had only had one training session together at times they looked like they could really turn into a quality team. It wasn't just the new signings either - Johnson and Stevie Ireland looked genuinely good in midfield!

Bianchi looked a little bit out of place up front on his own, but once the squad is finished I can't see Sven playing much other than 4-4-2, so that's no concern.

Word is there will be three further signings before the West Ham game. One will be a keeper, another looks like it will be Bresciano and the third is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be surprised if it was our biggest signing though.

Edit: Forgot to say... Petrov will be a new City hero. No doubt. Garrido was impressive, Fernandes solid but unspectacular. Elano was off the pace but we already know he's got everything he needs and Geovanni showed enough to suggest that for free he could be one of the bargains of the season.

Not going to West Ham myself, but can't wait for the Derby County game at Eastlands.

Last edited by mrwriter; 04-08-2007 at 19:37.
Old 05-08-2007, 13:17   #191
Guest 16989
Trusted User

I know people like to scoff at Man City, and I'm not saying I even close to agree with the last bit of this, but you can't deny the guy knows his football

"World Cup champion Marcello Lippi has hailed the summer market work of both Manchester United and Manchester City.

Asked which clubs have impressed him during the summer transfer window, Lippi declared: “My friend, [Sir Alex] Ferguson, following the defeat to AC Milan in the semifinal of the Champions League, has reached the conclusion that Manchester United needed to strengthen it’s team.
“He has signed Owen Hargreaves, Anderson, Carlos Tevez and above all Nani, who is a great young player.
“The big English improver is Manchester City. Rolando Bianchi can make his name in the Premiership. They are ready to compete for the English title.”
Old 05-08-2007, 13:21   #192
Barny79
Trusted User

I thought Lippi knew his stuff, but City compete for the English title???

Maybe the translation was incorrect.
Old 05-08-2007, 13:27   #193
Guest 16989
Trusted User

To be honest, I think it must have been...

Even 'Dr Thaksin' says top ten this year, top six next and then have a crack at glory from there.

Is it just me, or does `Dr Thaksin' sound and look like a Bond villain?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ity_party.html
Old 06-08-2007, 18:45   #194
Guest 3483
Trusted User

A little bit of tittle tattle for you. My friend was in Wings (a Chinky in Manchester) on Saturday and Sven was having a meal with John Barnes (who, incidentally, lives next door to my mum!)
Old 06-08-2007, 22:35   #195
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
A little bit of tittle tattle for you. My friend was in Wings (a Chinky in Manchester) on Saturday and Sven was having a meal with John Barnes (who, incidentally, lives next door to my mum!)
Well John Barnes has decided to slate Sven in the press today:-

Two Faced Barnes

Quote:
Former Liverpool and Newcastle star John Barnes has slammed Sven Goran Eriksson for his lack of British signings at Manchester City.

Barnes, now a TV pundit, said: "Sven has had an opportunity to look at plenty of English players during his time with the national side.

"He said we could win the World Cup and that we had great players coming through from the Under-21s - yet none of the players he has signed is English.

"He must have worked with around 50 England players. Perhaps that shows what he thinks of English football."

Former England coach Don Howe added: "I saw Sven on TV the other day sat alongside four of his new signings - and I didn't know any of them.

"I have been in football a long time and know a lot about the game. So for me not to know who they are just shows how things are changing.

"The high number of foreign players will have an affect on England."
Well if he didn't know any of the signings, maybe he should of asked Sven.

Rumours still going around that we will sign a few other players over the next few days, then we will start to sell some of the existing players, that Sven feels have no future at Manchestr City. Dickov is on his way to Coventry according to reports.
Old 07-08-2007, 00:16   #196
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well it seems sealed then:-

Eriksson spends on with £4m capture of Bresciano

"I needed this move to freshen me up," Bresciano told the Sydney Morning Herald. "I needed a new challenge and I wanted to get the excitement factor back into my game."

So another player I know bugger all about joins Svens Revolution. Words is there is another 2 players to join. Any Italian footy fans know much about this Australian international?

Tut-Tut John Barnes would not be happy about Svens latest capture
Old 07-08-2007, 07:22   #197
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

To be honest, Barnes has a point though, doesn't he?

It *is* strange that an ex-England manager - who was always willing to lavish praise on the quality of English players - is now seemingly ignoring all of them in favour of foreign players that you, evidently, have never even heard of before.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:25   #198
Guest 8751
Trusted User

the problem is, the decent english players, will have actually heard of City, so won't want to go there.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:44   #199
mjb1975
Blandiblub

Bresciano seems like a good signing - only really saw him for Australia in the WC but they were good against Croatia and, particularly, Italy.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:16   #200
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Just breaking on skysports that Manchester City are willing to let go of Dabo, Dickov and Danny Mills (Yes, he is still there!!)

Dabo came with a big reputation but never lived up to it. Dickov is/was always 100% committed and will always be fondly remembered by City fans for the most important goal in our history. But as a striker he didn’t score one goal last season, and that can’t be good enough.

Mills, he’s on huge wage ad hasn’t played for God knows how long, went out on loan to Hull, if I remember rightly.

John Barnes can go and stick his nose into another clubs business. Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool, don't buy in a lot of English, let him start waffling on about them instead. Mancheter City have a good academy that will produce the goods. Look out for Micheal Johnson this year, he's gonna be a star