Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2009, 15:42   #201
gjkendall
Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
The BBC and Sky have given the goal to Arshavin.

It went in off Ooijer (didn't it?)

Last edited by gjkendall; 14-03-2009 at 15:44.
Old 14-03-2009, 16:28   #202
jerl100
xbl/psn: khasar

What a goal
Old 14-03-2009, 16:44   #203
gjkendall
Gooner

Surely that is it for Bendtner...he could of had a hat-trick today!
Old 14-03-2009, 16:51   #204
jerl100

3-0 Eboue. Not sure about the dance, mind.
Old 14-03-2009, 16:56   #205
jerl100

4-0. Eboue. Well taken penalty. Though half of them could probaly have taken it given the practice they had in the week.
Old 14-03-2009, 17:00   #206
lip_13
Big time loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkendall View Post
Surely that is it for Bendtner...he could of had a hat-trick today!
I'd say so. 8-0 wouldn't have flattered Arsenal today and it might have been closer to that score if Van Persie or Vela had started in his place. Was great to see them playing such good football again though
Old 14-03-2009, 17:05   #207
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Sounds like it could have been the real 'tonking' that we've been threatening, but I suppose we'll have to settle for just the 4 Looking forward to seeing the replay on Arsenal TV.
Old 14-03-2009, 20:05   #208
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip_13 View Post
I'd say so. 8-0 wouldn't have flattered Arsenal today and it might have been closer to that score if Van Persie or Vela had started in his place.
Would it ****, van Persie has steadily declined into being utter garbage the past month or so. He was absolutely abysmal on Weds.

First time at Club Level for me today, and very nice it is too, but I'm starting to really hate going to games now - the crowd were on Bendtner's back from the very start getting progressively worse through the game then when he, understandibly, panics on an easy easy chance and ***** up he has the humiliation of 50 odd thousand laughing at him. A player barely older than the son they've got sitting beside them; shameful.

Still, there were 2 players on the pitch who have suffered worse and have, unquestionably, come out of it better players. We have a new goal machine

So, come on Spurs....

/shiver

Last edited by Peter UK; 14-03-2009 at 20:07.
Old 14-03-2009, 20:20   #209
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

I wondered if you were going to come on & defend him again To be fair, I haven't seen the game yet, so can't comment on today's game. I still think the lad has the potential to make it big at Arsenal, but then I thought Aliadiere was going to be our next best thing, so what do I know?
I always thought you were a little different to regular football supporters Pete, Club Level eh? How were your prawn sandwiches?
Old 14-03-2009, 20:37   #210
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Deliciously lovely - cornish lamb and all the trimmings Might have to go there more often as it cost the same as a normal ticket - Ł55!

He wasn't bad today - twas his turn that opened the space up for the first goal as you may have just seen on Sky, he played alright but he missed two easy peasy chances after catching a lot of criticism for not being pixel perfect in his play.

Much like Song he has got big potential imo. I think he can become a cracking player; and as it is is already a very good one. However he did not look part of the team today (wasn't even bothered after Arshavin's cracker) so who knows, he might move on

I'm not having a go for people having different opinions, cos like arses and all that....

It's the barrage of boo's, jeers, and choruses of 'don't give him the ball!' 'see, told you he was ****' that are just ****inig infuriating.

Paticularly when he, so clearly, can become a very good player!

Last edited by Peter UK; 14-03-2009 at 20:43.
Old 14-03-2009, 20:45   #211
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter UK View Post
Deliciously lovely - cornish lamb and all the trimmings

He wasn't bad today - twas his turn that opened the space up for the first goal as you may have just seen on Sky, he played alright but he missed two easy peasy chances after catching a lot of criticism for not being pixel perfect in his play.

Much like Song he has got big potential imo. I think he can become a cracking player; and as it is is already a very good one. However he did not look part of the team today (wasn't even bothered after Arshavin's cracker) so who knows, he might move on

I'm not having a go for people having different opinions, cos like arses and all that....

It's the barrage of boo's, jeers, and choruses of 'don't give him the ball!' 'see, told you he was ****' that are just ****inig infuriating.

I'm at work at the moment so haven't seen anything of the game yet, I'll have to wait until the highlights on BBC to hear your "shameful" support Pete .
Old 14-03-2009, 21:01   #212
Guest 7237
Trusted User

Oh Jesus, don't watch the MotD highlights - they'll make young Nic-o-las look ****-o-las
Old 14-03-2009, 21:10   #213
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
Oh Jesus, don't watch the MotD highlights - they'll make young Nic-o-las look ****-o-las
Well, I'm recording Sky's Football First & will probably watch Arsenal TV's coverage too although I wish they would ditch Stuart Robson, he must be the most negative, argumentative co-commentator ever!
Old 14-03-2009, 21:18   #214
Guest 7237
Trusted User

You know what I said about opinions.....

I think Robson's one of the best pundits around :hides:

It's Perry Groves I just can't stand on ATV, he does my head in! Thankfully he must be on holiday or something as I've not heard him bitching about Gallas for a while....

Last edited by Peter UK; 14-03-2009 at 21:20.
Old 14-03-2009, 21:25   #215
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Quote:
You know what I said about opinions.....

I think Robson's one of the best pundits around :hides:

It's Perry Groves I just can't stand on ATV, he does my head in! Thankfully he must be on holiday or something as I've not heard him bitching about Gallas for a while....
OH FFS!!!!

He seems to think that he HAS to disagree with everything the commentator says! & if we see a great bit of skill he'll say that we got lucky! Shame, cos he was one of my favourite players (if too injury prone) back in the day.
Old 14-03-2009, 21:30   #216
jerl100

Quote:
I thought he had quite a good game. Just didn't have his shooting boots on today. Maybe Arshavin stole them at half time and that's why he took so long getting his boots back on after half time.

One thing I'd say about Bendtner is that whilst it wasn't going well from a goalscoring point of view, he spent all his time on the pitch running his socks off. Which is a lot more than can be said about some of our other players when things don't go their way. he might not have scored today, but if you look at the chances he made for himself then on a different day he could have had a hatrick. Or two.

Same goes for Eboue. He got slagged off something rotten after a crap game or two. Probably weren't too many gooners that didn't think "what the hell's he playing at". Especially after getting sent off against Spurs (but I can forgive him that). He's worked really hard ever since. And has said he'd sign a new contract if offered one. Certainly makes him a lot more loyal and comitted than some other players we have. I think he gets a lot of unnecessary stick from commentators ("It was a foul, but he's gone down as only Eboue can" and other such ********). He's cleaned that bit of his game up a hell of a lot. Though much like Ronaldo, I guess he's made his bed and is currently lying in it.

Also, Song seems to be very fast becoming a good player. Diaby's getting good again. Not only do we have players coming back from injury, we have others finding form again. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season now.

And from today's game. Feo. . You can tell he's missed playing. And we've certainly missed him. Can't wait for Cesc to come back, too. They were saying he should be playing again after the internationals that are coming up.
Old 14-03-2009, 21:32   #217
jerl100

Quote:
Would it ****, van Persie has steadily declined into being utter garbage the past month or so. He was absolutely abysmal on Weds.
I've noticed you being less affectionate and not calling him OurVP any more
Old 14-03-2009, 22:20   #218
Guest 7237
Trusted User

He might've had a little competition when Hleb arrived but I still love him more than any other player; even so much it's not quite 'only' masculine love either *cough*

Just whenever a player, or at least an Arsenal player, starts talking about their new contract/ matching their sporting ambitions their form goes to **** Must be a rule.

Blackburn aren't just OurVP's bitches now - Arshavin goes and scores a very similar goal against them that he did a few years back

Last edited by Peter UK; 14-03-2009 at 22:24.
Old 14-03-2009, 22:54   #219
nsb
Trusted User

Wenger must be picking Bendtner out of sympathy now surely, he's absolutely useless still, surely he hasn't got many more starts left now. We need to offload him in the summer for sure.
Old 14-03-2009, 22:57   #220
ralph wiggum
Chamakh My Bitch Up.

Well, Diouf did his reputation as a dirty **** no harm at all & what the hell was Pedersen thinking?

From the brief highlights, it looked to be a good performance & with more first teamers due back soon, things are looking a bit rosier than they were a couple of weeks ago . Great goal from Arshavin, but Kanu's Vs Chelsea was better!
Closed Thread