Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:38   #121
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas

Alonso's passing was absolutely top notch. Maybe you lot have just been spoilt watching him and got used to it! Personally everytime I see it I think Jesus this bloke is good!!!!

Despite my hate of him, Bellamy is not good enough full stop. Other people (not LFC Supporters) at my work actually said to me about Bellamy today "What were Liverpool doing buying that Garbage?!". He was running around like a headless chicken in the box, his positioning is terrible on crosses. If you don't agree fine but I know what I see. If he was good I would say so and then say but I still hate him!!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:49   #122
Deron
PS4 Gamertag: D3RONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by balstino
Despite my hate of him, Bellamy is not good enough full stop. Other people (not LFC Supporters) at my work actually said to me about Bellamy today "What were Liverpool doing buying that Garbage?!". He was running around like a headless chicken in the box, his positioning is terrible on crosses. If you don't agree fine but I know what I see. If he was good I would say so and then say but I still hate him!!
You sound like micon from the Man U thread who slagged RVN off all the time.

In other news...

Looks like Man City may be after a new keeper soon, which may pave the way for Dudek to leave.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/4779001.stm

Be a good move all round I reckon.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:57   #123
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Alonso's passing was absolutely top notch. Maybe you lot have just been spoilt watching him and got used to it! Personally everytime I see it I think Jesus this bloke is good!!!!
His passing was top notch last night - but others, crucial, aspects of the game (like getting to the ball first) were poor.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:58   #124
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Rumour has it that Kuyt will be doing more in the UK this weekend than just playing at Reading .....
Old 10-08-2006, 11:05   #125
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Other people (not LFC Supporters) at my work actually said to me about Bellamy today "What were Liverpool doing buying that Garbage?!".
yada yada yada

Quote:
He was running around like a headless chicken in the box, his positioning is terrible on crosses. If you don't agree fine but I know what I see.
Yes he was so badly positioned when he scored from the followup

And have you ever considered that sometimes, just occasionally, it is the winger's job to get the ball to where the striker is rather than the striker having to get to where the winger has put the ball ??

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 10-08-2006 at 11:06.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:09   #126
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deron
You sound like micon from the Man U thread who slagged RVN off all the time.
I don't think you can really compare slagging off RVN and slagging off Craig Bellamy!

AdamBrunt - You would argue with me all day long even if I was right. Instead of that answer me this question. Should Garcia of started and played the whole game?

Last edited by balstino; 10-08-2006 at 11:09.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:26   #127
riz1
Trusted User

Is anyone else getting bored of hearing:
"Crouch....oooohh...ALMOST ..."

Incidently apparantly Citeh are looking at Dudek to replace James....
Old 10-08-2006, 11:30   #128
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Instead of that answer me this question. Should Garcia of started and played the whole game?
What's the point of the question ???

Liverpool won and Bellamy scored a crucial goal. If Bellamy had had a mare last night then maybe the question is valid but since he didn't ...

Or are you suggesting you'd have started with Gerrard and Garcia up front.

IMO, we didn't play particularly well due to how Gerrard was being played but you seem to pinpointing the poor performance on Bellamy ??
Old 10-08-2006, 11:42   #129
saltysam
Trusted User

bellamy took his goal well but from where i was sat didn't seem to play particularly well .alonso was well below par by his standards and rilse was awful. pennant looked decent but generally it was a lacklustre performance against limited opposition.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:46   #130
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

A question about the new home shirt ....

Work colleague just went into Sports World to buy the new shirt and said they had some shirts with names/numbers on display. The names/numbers weren't in the same style as they were last night ... would this just be down to the shop or is last night's "style" for the names not allowed in the Premiership ??
Old 10-08-2006, 11:49   #131
Guest 34961
ɹǝǝuıbuǝ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt
A question about the new home shirt ....

Work colleague just went into Sports World to buy the new shirt and said they had some shirts with names/numbers on display. The names/numbers weren't in the same style as they were last night ... would this just be down to the shop or is last night's "style" for the names not allowed in the Premiership ??
Last nights style is european only, we have to use the normal premiership font in the league.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:54   #132
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burned_Alive
Last nights style is european only, we have to use the normal premiership font in the league.
Thought so, thanks.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:01   #133
Guest 48579
Banned

If a non Liverpool fan came in and made some of the comments we have seen recently, it would be dangerously close to trolling!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:05   #134
MarcusUK
Trusted User

Just picked up the new shirt from sports word for £38 with Gerrard 8 on the back.
They also had Carra shirts. No other names and numbers unless you got them printed.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:05   #135
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:

You are mental!!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:34   #136
balstino
Toothpick & Two Berettas

Adam - My initial teams said Crouch and Fowler upfront. My post on the last page said that Gerrard is not suited to that forward position.

Since you won't answer the question, you obviously agree that Garcia should of started which is nice that we agree on something.

stu - There is method to my madness, I think I have some valid selection and tactical points.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:36   #137
Guest 2564
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusUK
Just picked up the new shirt from sports word for £38 with Gerrard 8 on the back.
They also had Carra shirts. No other names and numbers unless you got them printed.
Unless you go to one of the Cardiff stores as many will on Sat / Sun (the main one is branded Gilesports but is run by the same people) where you can also get Bellamy for £38.

They have absoloutely crate loads of shirts their in anticipation of Sunday. I just picked up a home shirt and one of the grey collered shirts. They had all the other merchandise at good prices too for those who are interested.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:39   #138
Guest 2564
YNWA

Quote:
Should Garcia of started and played the whole game?
No way. As usual he wasted the ball many times and got lucky with a dribble into the box and then dived. What makes you think he should have started?

Why didn't we start with Crouch and Bellamy?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:48   #139
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Adam - My initial teams said Crouch and Fowler upfront. My post on the last page said that Gerrard is not suited to that forward position.

Since you won't answer the question, you obviously agree that Garcia should of started which is nice that we agree on something.

stu - There is method to my madness, I think I have some valid selection and tactical points.
valid selection points ??? You picked a player who was never going to play in a month of Sundays cos they were injurer - Fowler.

As Rafa said last night, it was a good time to test whether Gerrard in that advanced role would work.

By stating that I thought Bellamy played well and had a good game - how did that not answer your question
Old 10-08-2006, 13:29   #140
Guest 1554
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPearce
No way. As usual he wasted the ball many times and got lucky with a dribble into the box and then dived. What makes you think he should have started?
Now this is just sheer nonsense.

As to why he didn't start, he was just coming back from his neck injury.
Closed Thread