Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2007, 21:14   #1
Borofan
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Middlesbrough, Just Near to the Championship
Posts: 1,453
Thanks: 3
Thanked 36 Times in 17 Posts
Sergio Leone's Westerns

Are some of the actor's voices in Leone's westerns dubbed
or are the voices out of sync with the film?
Borofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 22:45   #2
Guest 1721
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: West London
Posts: 652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Like the majority of Spaghetti Westerns, Leone's featured a range of actors from different countries - they all spoke their lines in their native language and then when the film was shown in, say, English those non-English speakers were dubbed. The reverse is true of the Italian release, where Clint and the other English speakers were dubbed into Italian.
Guest 1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 03:50   #3
Guest 9392
professional time waster
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: somewhere in london
Posts: 3,987
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali View Post
Like the majority of Spaghetti Westerns, Leone's featured a range of actors from different countries - they all spoke their lines in their native language and then when the film was shown in, say, English those non-English speakers were dubbed. The reverse is true of the Italian release, where Clint and the other English speakers were dubbed into Italian.
Keeping this on theme, does anyone know about whether the westerns have recieved a re-release, or through a different company from MGM? I heard there were better DVD editions coming out, but i forget from which company.
Guest 9392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 06:37   #4
John Hodson
Out to lunch...
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bolton, Lancashire
Posts: 12,507
Thanks: 9
Thanked 55 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Child View Post
Keeping this on theme, does anyone know about whether the westerns have recieved a re-release, or through a different company from MGM? I heard there were better DVD editions coming out, but i forget from which company.
Restored Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and A Fistful of Dynamite; full details in that thread of the German Paramount / TLE-Films releases.
__________________
So many films, so little time...
My Film Journal Blog
Emily Collingwood: I can't see him. All I can see is the flags...
John Hodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 09:35   #5
Guest 61124
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have any of Leone's other films been released, i.e. his Italian Epic The Collosus of Rhodes, or any of the other films he was involved with i.e. Damiano Damiani or Tonino Valerii?
Guest 61124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 09:48   #6
gZa
Trusted User
 
gZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,226
Thanks: 118
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSimeoni View Post
Have any of Leone's other films been released, i.e. his Italian Epic The Collosus of Rhodes, or any of the other films he was involved with i.e. Damiano Damiani or Tonino Valerii?
The Colossus Of Rhodes DVD is out 26th June 2007 US (R1) and the others - I assume you mean My Name Is Nobody / Nobody's The Greatest - are out in various versions, the German (r2) being the best.
__________________
Last films I watched (TV-DVD/BD/OD-Cinema)
Upgrade - Short Cuts - Tenet
gZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 09:48   #7
John Hodson
Out to lunch...
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bolton, Lancashire
Posts: 12,507
Thanks: 9
Thanked 55 Times in 4 Posts
Check out the humongous thread What are your favourite Italian Westerns?, 'Cult Camp Classics' from Warners R1 in June, and German "My Name is Nobody" + "The Genius" 4-DVD-set
__________________
So many films, so little time...
My Film Journal Blog
Emily Collingwood: I can't see him. All I can see is the flags...

Last edited by John Hodson; 30-04-2007 at 10:00.
John Hodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
A Fistful Of Dynamite, Damiano Damiani, Fistful Of Dollars, For a few dollars More, My Name is Nobody, Nobody's The Greatest, Sergio Leone, The Collosus of Rhodes, Tonino Valerii, Westerns

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sergio Mendes earl_roberts2002 Music Discussion 0 13-03-2006 20:38
colossus of rhodes(sergio leone) Guest 1005 Television Discussion 2 26-02-2004 11:35
Sergio Leone Western trilogy Guest 239 Film Discussion 14 19-08-2003 10:54
Sergio Leone films on DVD Rohail Film Discussion 8 11-07-2003 17:58

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.qq
Copyright ©2000 - 2021 Network N Ltd.