Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Computing Forum

Old 03-10-2009, 10:14   #1
powder
Trusted User

WinAmp - Album list plugins recommendations?

For years i have used Album List for WinAmp http://albumlist.sourceforge.net/ but since i reinstalled my machine i haven't been using my music libray much and hadn't bothered reinstalling it.

Now i've come to do that and i find that the most recent version is from way back in 2006.

I've looking at sorting out my ~2500 cd library stored on my 1tb network drive so that it's iTunes compatible, is fully tagged (even the albums first ripped back in ~'96 before i realised how useful they would be), and has all the cover art etc.

After i've done that iTunes should make a half decent player, but i've always been a fan of WinAmp and wonder what other forumites recommend. I've tried the builtin media libray a few times and it was ok. Should i give it another go?

I used to just browse \\server\music\albums on XP and had folder.jpg for each CD directory and would queue up the Playlist.m3u files but overall i'm looking for something better and more organised. We have multiple desktop PCs, laptops and a netbook here in the house, along with friends or family who visit. It would be good for the to be able to point iTunes or WinAmp at \\server\music\albums and it all just work.

Any suggestions?
powder is offline   Reply With Quote