Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 18-05-2019, 10:31   #1021
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq View Post
Thinking of things Sansa did: she saved the day at the Battle of the ************ knowing what the potential cost would be.
Potential cost?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 18-05-2019, 10:44   #1022
Taq
Evil Scientist

being indebted to Littlefinger
Old 18-05-2019, 12:39   #1023
MaxNutter

Quote:
being indebted to Littlefinger
She had that covered.

Old 18-05-2019, 13:03   #1024
Apostate
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by basegreen View Post
It’s obvious some scenes were cut.
Yes. Varys' betrayal was only really touched upon. It was clear that he was plotting to poison Dany but this was not properly fleshed-out. Quite a few scenes ended up on the cutting room floor IMO.
Apostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 13:47   #1025
scoobyood
Tony Danza

They have squeezed two seasons into 1.... simple as that. D&D are off to make Star Wars and cash in that Disney paycheck.

Season 8 should have been... Battle for the north at Winterfell, the Knight King with an episode on his back store and the lore, Dany and Jon's relationship forming, Aria and everyone else returning, Bran's role and his subtle manoeuvring of everyone into place for the final battle.. the final being the battle for the living... Last episode

The women and children in the crypt, Sansa see's her family as zombies, has to kill her mother Catelyn whos’ head flops around (fans go wild as it’s lady stoneheart).. knight king has time spare to conduct some fighting between our guys and his generals etc... Red woman revealed to Varys that she was the witch who took his dick, asks his forgiveness, he does and talks down Onion Knight from killing her.. to let her walk off into the snow..... By this point we'd have also had some motivation for knight king... the revelation of Jon's parents is revealed to Dany. Last stand with KK.. Jon fights KK, Theon sacrifice, Aria swooping in from nowhere for the kill, ice explosions... fade to black

Season 9... opens on the funerals, first episodes the recovery of who's left and the long road south... Aria and the hound on conversation what they've learned... who they are. Then parallel plot of Dany's decent into madness, her lack of confidence in Jon being able to control the north. Her sadness over Jorah the explorer. Jon is torn with going north with Tormond and Ghost to start rebuilding the wall, **** all this southern ****. In the south, the rise of Euron and Cersei starting to lose control of the city yet again to another man. Getting sick of this happening again.. gets more crazy. Mid season Jamie's relationship with Brienne ends, he yearns for Cersei, leaves, heads faster south, leaves her. Brienne follows with Sansas approval. Tormond takes on her oath to protect the Starks in her absence. Yara gathers her fleet and sails to Kings Landing preparing for a faceoff with her Uncle. The golden company arrive and demonstrate badassery in some manner.
Early in the season Dany is angry, can’t take the news about Jon. She starts spending time with Drogon talking to him.. and the other dragon. She goes AWOL and Jon also goes AWOL with Onion Knight to find her…. Grey Worm takes command of the armies with Varys, Tyrion and Missandei. Tyrion runs into Bron. No mention of his deal with Cersi, Bron bides his time to see who will win.
Dany returns to Meeren, finds it’s ruined. What’s his name dead.. she gets more angry and feels weak and a failure. Ignores Jon, Heads back towards Westeros goes to gather Greyworm and the armies who now have Kings Landing in a long siege. She takes control… lots of Tyrion and so on looking at each other unsure, but Dany has two Dragons with her. They make plans to attack KL. That night, Bron slits Missandei’s throat quiet like.. Cersei knows it will push Dany over the edge and force her to kill Tyrion. She loses it, Tyrions failed her for the last time. Same time period Varys discovers who Jon is. He also bretrays Dany, she's proper nuts now.. Varys tries to escape fails. Bron escapes with Tyrion back to Kings L. Dany has literally only greyworm left who is also angry as hell.. They head out to battle and decimate everything.
Cersei has been preparing. Jamie is back at Cersei’s side, faces off with Euron. Can’t kill him, because they need his fleet. Tyrion returns to his brother and sisters side. Scared and no idea what to do.
Cue the final battle… lots of pre-made dragon fire in catapults… lots of scorpion launchers… Yara’s fleet arrives to keep Euron busy.. they have battle and sword a fight (swash-buckle) … the hound and aria get into Kings Landing with Brienne this time.

Jon arrives right as it kicks off. Meets Dany's gaze while she is on the back of Drogon ready to take off... "Dracarys"... she then takes off. He's unburnt!!!! she leaves him. He then watches as she kills everything... Someone needs to take her out. This is why he was brought back.

Etc.. etc.

Epilogue. The dragon flies into the dark distant north… lays a blue icy egg into a tree.

Last edited by scoobyood; 18-05-2019 at 15:27.
scoobyood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 16:01   #1026
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK

An island of common sense in a sea of hate.

https://youtu.be/TO2zjSYivS4
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 18:01   #1027
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Thanked 2,025 Times in 853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyood View Post
Season 8 should have been...
Season 9...
driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 18:14   #1028
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyood View Post
They have squeezed two seasons into 1.... simple as that. D&D are off to make Star Wars and cash in that Disney paycheck.

Season 8 should have been... Battle for the north at Winterfell, the Knight King with an episode on his back store and the lore, Dany and Jon's relationship forming, Aria and everyone else returning, Bran's role and his subtle manoeuvring of everyone into place for the final battle.. the final being the battle for the living... Last episode

The women and children in the crypt, Sansa see's her family as zombies, has to kill her mother Catelyn whos’ head flops around (fans go wild as it’s lady stoneheart).. knight king has time spare to conduct some fighting between our guys and his generals etc... Red woman revealed to Varys that she was the witch who took his dick, asks his forgiveness, he does and talks down Onion Knight from killing her.. to let her walk off into the snow..... By this point we'd have also had some motivation for knight king... the revelation of Jon's parents is revealed to Dany. Last stand with KK.. Jon fights KK, Theon sacrifice, Aria swooping in from nowhere for the kill, ice explosions... fade to black

Season 9... opens on the funerals, first episodes the recovery of who's left and the long road south... Aria and the hound on conversation what they've learned... who they are. Then parallel plot of Dany's decent into madness, her lack of confidence in Jon being able to control the north. Her sadness over Jorah the explorer. Jon is torn with going north with Tormond and Ghost to start rebuilding the wall, **** all this southern ****. In the south, the rise of Euron and Cersei starting to lose control of the city yet again to another man. Getting sick of this happening again.. gets more crazy. Mid season Jamie's relationship with Brienne ends, he yearns for Cersei, leaves, heads faster south, leaves her. Brienne follows with Sansas approval. Tormond takes on her oath to protect the Starks in her absence. Yara gathers her fleet and sails to Kings Landing preparing for a faceoff with her Uncle. The golden company arrive and demonstrate badassery in some manner.
Early in the season Dany is angry, can’t take the news about Jon. She starts spending time with Drogon talking to him.. and the other dragon. She goes AWOL and Jon also goes AWOL with Onion Knight to find her…. Grey Worm takes command of the armies with Varys, Tyrion and Missandei. Tyrion runs into Bron. No mention of his deal with Cersi, Bron bides his time to see who will win.
Dany returns to Meeren, finds it’s ruined. What’s his name dead.. she gets more angry and feels weak and a failure. Ignores Jon, Heads back towards Westeros goes to gather Greyworm and the armies who now have Kings Landing in a long siege. She takes control… lots of Tyrion and so on looking at each other unsure, but Dany has two Dragons with her. They make plans to attack KL. That night, Bron slits Missandei’s throat quiet like.. Cersei knows it will push Dany over the edge and force her to kill Tyrion. She loses it, Tyrions failed her for the last time. Same time period Varys discovers who Jon is. He also bretrays Dany, she's proper nuts now.. Varys tries to escape fails. Bron escapes with Tyrion back to Kings L. Dany has literally only greyworm left who is also angry as hell.. They head out to battle and decimate everything.
Cersei has been preparing. Jamie is back at Cersei’s side, faces off with Euron. Can’t kill him, because they need his fleet. Tyrion returns to his brother and sisters side. Scared and no idea what to do.
Cue the final battle… lots of pre-made dragon fire in catapults… lots of scorpion launchers… Yara’s fleet arrives to keep Euron busy.. they have battle and sword a fight (swash-buckle) … the hound and aria get into Kings Landing with Brienne this time.

Jon arrives right as it kicks off. Meets Dany's gaze while she is on the back of Drogon ready to take off... "Dracarys"... she then takes off. He's unburnt!!!! she leaves him. He then watches as she kills everything... Someone needs to take her out. This is why he was brought back.

Etc.. etc.

Epilogue. The dragon flies into the dark distant north… lays a blue icy egg into a tree.
Reads like fanfiction

Old 18-05-2019, 18:18   #1029
scoobyood
Tony Danza

I am a fan (still) ...and it is fiction. So.. yeah.

But it doesn't really alter the plot from what D&D have put together. I don't have a problem with Dany going mad or Jamie's motivations. Just think they needed a bit more space to do it justice.

..It also reads terribly and is a stream of careless typing... apologies

Last edited by scoobyood; 18-05-2019 at 18:19.
scoobyood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 18:20   #1030
Taq
Evil Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Reads like fanfiction

Nah, proper fan fiction would end in a massive orgy or something
Old 18-05-2019, 19:00   #1031
MaxNutter

Quote:
Nah, proper fan fiction would end in a massive orgy or something
How would that be different from regular GoT?

Old 18-05-2019, 20:04   #1032
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,134 Times in 799 Posts
I'd also suggest she is an adviser missing, someone who is going to egg her on with her worst thoughts, bit of a Grimer Wormtongue character. She's now aware that people don't love her like they did across the sea, but there hasn't been enough development of it. But the people she burned, aren't her children.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 20:31   #1033
Taq
Evil Scientist

At some stage did anyone say to her "Across the sea you were their liberator, their saviour. Here, you are just another conqueror."
And if not, why not?

Last edited by Taq; 18-05-2019 at 20:41.
Taq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:05   #1034
Nana
Walk without rhythm

Apparently the Targaryen’s link with dragons is similar to warging, a permanent blend of personality.
Maybe there was just too much dragon in her to be victorious without yielding to a fiery rage?

Assuming they kill Dany, Jon’s going to have to off Drogon as I can’t see him taking it well.
Old Yesterday, 22:40   #1035
douglasb
Suedehead.

One more sleep.
douglasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:45   #1036
JohnMac

Not for me, time to get the coffee on.
Old Yesterday, 23:17   #1037
JohnMac

1 hour to go. Funny GoT stuff to pass the time...

https://youtu.be/GfCHZXQUk6s

https://youtu.be/BabsgCQhpu4

https://youtu.be/-5C6kG57J7Q

Who can forget the Game of Thrones musical
Not seen this version before and it has longer versions of some of the songs.

Game of Phones and Game of Phones 2

Last edited by JohnMac; Today at 00:04.