Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 18:21   #81
platty
XBL Gamertag: PlattyStu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
Not all United fans feel the same

and the fact that Ferguson tried to buy him at the last minute before he signed for City would suggest that you coule be wrong.
A lot of water been under the bridge since then Citysmith .....
Old 09-08-2011, 18:51   #82
SteM
Just Member

Quote:
It was silly that Bolton, Manchester United, Manchester City and Stoke all had to make their way down to the South East of England when if their was a stadium more central it would serve the country not just people who live in one area of the country.
It is sillier that the semi finals are played in the national stadium.
Old 09-08-2011, 19:30   #83
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny79 View Post
United have a classy Mexican now, rather than an Argentinian whore.
I still stick with that the Mexican is a nicer bloke but the Argentinian is a better player

Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
A lot of water been under the bridge since then Citysmith .....
I realise that but to dismiss Tevez and say that you wouldn't want him at United is a bit blinkered in my view. Still love that pic
Old 09-08-2011, 20:11   #84
jab1990
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteM View Post
It is sillier that the semi finals are played in the national stadium.
I think this only happens so the fa can recoup more costs for the wembley stadium.
Old 09-08-2011, 20:15   #85
Barny79
Trusted User

Quote:
This is the start of a great time for Manchester.
Less than 24 hours later, you've been proven wrong. Should start calling you JLO
Old 09-08-2011, 20:27   #86
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Less than 24 hours later, you've been proven wrong. Should start calling you JLO
To be honest I gave no idea what you are talking about. In my opinion this is the start of a great rivalry with United and City reaching heights that the 2 of the together at the same time haven't reached since the late 60's. This of course due to City dropping like a stone and United exploding at the right time when money flowed into the Premiership.

I don't see how that has changed in the last 24 hours. Football is about opinions and each and every person having their own
Old 09-08-2011, 20:33   #87
Barny79
Trusted User

Start of a great time for Manchester, 24 hours later, the city's being trashed.
Old 09-08-2011, 20:38   #88
LouBarlow
Retired Member

Citysmith with his finger on the pulse
Old 09-08-2011, 20:40   #89
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Start of a great time for Manchester, 24 hours later, the city's being trashed.
Not watched any of the news in weeks. Don't follow much news at all, but I see what you did there
Old 09-08-2011, 20:50   #90
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

FFS, it must be harder to avoid.
Old 09-08-2011, 21:39   #91
MaxNutter

Quote:
To be honest I gave no idea what you are talking about. In my opinion this is the start of a great rivalry with United and City reaching heights that the 2 of the together at the same time haven't reached since the late 60's. This of course due to City dropping like a stone and United exploding at the right time when money flowed into the Premiership.

I don't see how that has changed in the last 24 hours. Football is about opinions and each and every person having their own
actually, the early 90s... albeit briefly...
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06   #92
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

For any City fan with a free evening the reserves are being shown for free on the website playing Liverpool.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/...this-Wednesday
Old 10-08-2011, 10:42   #93
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
For any City fan with a free evening the reserves are being shown for free on the website playing Liverpool.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/...this-Wednesday
Free Afternoon It's kickoff at noon ( in 20 mins ).
Old 12-08-2011, 14:55   #94
Grunge
Trusted User

Mancini has said Tevez may stay.... T-Minus 12 hours till Tevez launches toys from pram again.

in all seriousness, no one seems to want him. So he maybe staying at least until Janurary when Corinthians said they will try again... when they actually have the cash for the 1st payment.

4.5 months of Tevez and Aguero up front sounds quite a tasty proposition.
Old 13-08-2011, 22:11   #95
DeadYankee

Thanked 2,048 Times in 1,079 Posts
Quote:
Looking forward to your explanation on why Henry bankrolling Liverpool is ok, but Arab money at City is enough to want you to feel that Manchester Citys dirty. Please respond in the Manchester City thread
Pretty straightforward - Liverpool are a massive football club, one of the biggest names in World football with good reason, with a massive global income stream. Man City are a tin pot Championship club with a big pile of cash. Chelsea are an anonymous club which flirted with the public consciousness in the 1970s and are funded by the most corrupt man in the world. Hopefully both will go out out business very soon.
Old 14-08-2011, 07:45   #96
Rob
Indie Author

Back from holiday and I see that not much has changed on this thread! Looking forward to more of the same this season.

United beat us with a last minute goal in a pre-season friendly and the press are handing them the league already.

Hopefully we can wrap up the signing of Nasri on Monday and we'll be all set for a good crack on all fronts this season. It will be very interesting to see how Tevez applies himself, but I hope that Kompany gets the captaincy on a permanent basis.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:24   #97
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYankee View Post
Pretty straightforward - Liverpool are a massive football club, one of the biggest names in World football with good reason, with a massive global income stream. Man City are a tin pot Championship club with a big pile of cash.
So it would be ok to bankroll a club that have a large fanbase (worldwide) but not a team that doesn't?

As far as Manchester City being a 'Tin pot Championship club'. We were an established Premiership club before the Shiek arrived. City have spent more time in the top flight than most Premiership clubs so I struggle to see where you are going with this one

Rob hope you had a great holiday, let the season begin and the good times roll
Old 14-08-2011, 09:52   #98
Eastlander
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYankee View Post
Pretty straightforward - Liverpool are a massive football club, one of the biggest names in World football with good reason, with a massive global income stream. Man City are a tin pot Championship club with a big pile of cash. Chelsea are an anonymous club which flirted with the public consciousness in the 1970s and are funded by the most corrupt man in the world. Hopefully both will go out out business very soon.
Okay, I admit I'm new, but seriously, this is what passes for trolling on this forum?

People actually respond to/tolerate this low standard of utter nonsense?

No wonder the City thread is quiet if this is the level of bitterness fans have to put up with.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:55   #99
Eastlander
Trusted User

Messi on Aguero and City. Just to counter act the bile spewed a few posts earlier (rather listen to the world's best player who doesn't seem to regard City as a 'tinpot Championship club' lol)..

Lionel Messi is convinced Sergio Aguero will spark Manchester City’s title charge this season.

City paid Atletico Madrid Ł38million to sign the 23-year-old striker.

And Messi has no doubts his Argentina team-mate will be a big success in the Premier League.

The Barcelona wizard would have loved Aguero to join him at the Nou Camp.

But even the Spanish giants weren’t prepared to compete with City’s financial muscle in the market.

Messi said: “I have no doubt that he will be successful at City.

“He will give them a real cutting edge. He’s unique – he has immense power, strength and an incredible work ethic. He will certainly stand out in terms of what he will bring to City.

“Defenders will find him so difficult to play against.

“There is no doubt in my mind that City have signed a very exceptional player.”

Aguero, who is still gaining match sharpness, is set to start on the bench tomorrow. But Messi is convinced his mate will have no problems adapting to life in the Premier League.

Messi explained: “He’s flexible and can play in a number of positions. Adapting to the pace of the Premier League won’t be a problem.

“Carlos Tevez has been a huge success in England and Aguero will be no different.

“I think it shows the serious intent of Manchester City when they are signing a player of his quality.

“Personally I would have loved to have seen him stay in Spain and preferably move to Barcelona.

“But he was excited by the challenge and ambition of City. Money isn’t a motivating factor for him. He loves a challenge.

“More importantly, he wants to win trophies and obviously feels the move offers him that opportunity in England.”

Messi also feels City are building a team that will strike fear into opponents at home and abroad.

“They have the vast financial power to compete and therefore they will become a real threat if they are managed properly,” he said.

“It takes time to make your mark but every season you see them improving. And they will continue to improve when they are signing players like Aguero.”

Last edited by Eastlander; 14-08-2011 at 09:57.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:56   #100
Barny79
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastlander View Post
No wonder the City thread is quiet if this is the level of bitterness fans have to put up with.
If anyone knows about being bitter, it should be a City fan.
Closed Thread