Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2006, 16:45   #641
john316
XBL: morro316

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogy20
I never waer a replica shirt unless I'm going to the game or playing
Wear Footie Shirts a lot outside of work - might as well get value for money
Old 24-07-2006, 16:47   #642
cheeseypuffs
Trusted User

The yellow one doesn't have the controversial collar though Personally, I'd rather get another retro shirt, but maybe it's worth waiting for the European home shirt?

Last edited by cheeseypuffs; 24-07-2006 at 16:48.
Old 24-07-2006, 16:59   #643
d80s0q
Godfather

I like the shirt a lot. Tempted by the away kit too. Dunno what size I need tho so will have to wait...
Old 24-07-2006, 20:03   #644
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
I never waer a replica shirt unless I'm going to the game or playing. Where else do you want to wear it-Magaluf?

It's not a bad shirt but people don't buy the shirt as a fashion statement-if you want a shirt then you would generally buy one regardless of how it looks. We've had far dodgier ones in the past.

Didn't Man Ure have an awful number with a string tie collar in the 90s? They don't seem to have done too badly from a financial point of view and besides Adidas is a step in the right direction.
Plenty of people wear shirts outside of going to the match, you would have to be blind not to notice that. People do buy it as a fashion statement and, sadly, United's shirts are far nicer than ours and have been for many years. So in conclusion, I disagree with everything you say there other than we have had a run of bad shirts, but you have a right to your opinion
Old 24-07-2006, 21:59   #645
Guest 2564
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s
Plenty of people wear shirts outside of going to the match, you would have to be blind not to notice that. People do buy it as a fashion statement and, sadly, United's shirts are far nicer than ours and have been for many years. So in conclusion, I disagree with everything you say there other than we have had a run of bad shirts, but you have a right to your opinion
ManU's kit this year is awful, I htought it was a training top when I first saw it. It looks like the kit of a non league team.
Old 24-07-2006, 22:07   #646
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPearce
ManU's kit this year is awful, I htought it was a training top when I first saw it. It looks like the kit of a non league team.
Actually I like the retro type design, would have bought ours if it looked like that, but to each their own. My point still remains, ours are never good.
Old 24-07-2006, 23:50   #647
Guest 15396
Banned

Quote:
So if people buy them as a fashion statement, do you buy other team's shirts then if they are 'nicer' than ours? Supporters will generally buy shirts regardless of what they look like. You disagree with everything-so did you like United's stringy gay number? I also said that I generally don't wear shirts as a fashion item but did not comment on whether or not others do.
Old 25-07-2006, 07:47   #648
Guest 2564
YNWA

Quote:
Actually I like the retro type design, would have bought ours if it looked like that, but to each their own. My point still remains, ours are never good.
I think that you have just proven that whether the shirt is nice or not is subjective and down to personal taste. I like the new LFC shirt design and hate the Man U one. Therefore you can only say that in your opinion our shirts are never good....
Old 25-07-2006, 07:58   #649
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
So if people buy them as a fashion statement, do you buy other team's shirts then if they are 'nicer' than ours? Supporters will generally buy shirts regardless of what they look like. You disagree with everything-so did you like United's stringy gay number? I also said that I generally don't wear shirts as a fashion item but did not comment on whether or not others do.
Why do people on here seem to take disagreement as a personal insult? I even went to the bother of putting a smiley on the end of my post ffs.
Of course many supporters will buy it no matter what it looks like, but given that myself and many other supporters have said they wont be buying it because it looks crap proves that they would sell a lot more otherwise. I wouldn't buy another English team's kit no matter what, but I would definately wear a shirt from another country and I imagine its the same for people in other countries, so thats another market our crappy shirt misses out on.

Quote:
I also said that I generally don't wear shirts as a fashion item but did not comment on whether or not others do.
For your info you did.

Quote:
It's not a bad shirt but people don't buy the shirt as a fashion statement
Old 25-07-2006, 08:05   #650
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPearce
I think that you have just proven that whether the shirt is nice or not is subjective and down to personal taste. I like the new LFC shirt design and hate the Man U one. Therefore you can only say that in your opinion our shirts are never good....
No, but its a lot of people saying they dont like our shirt, I dont what the Utd fan's opinion of their's is, but the old 70's/80's kits that clubs do sell quite well themselves if thats any indication.
Although I do agree its down to personal taste, just that a lot of people seem to dislike this shirt, not just me. Usually the home shirt is just bland which isnt quite so bad, but to me this one looks stupid which is far worse.
Old 25-07-2006, 08:11   #651
cheeseypuffs
Trusted User

Setting the shirts aside for a moment, if Diao plays well tonight it looks like we could get £700k for him
However, I have a feeling we're more likely to get 50p

Last edited by cheeseypuffs; 25-07-2006 at 08:11.
Old 25-07-2006, 08:14   #652
soberion
Warlocks do it with style

I'm waiting for Stevie G to tell me weather I should like it or not now

I think it's an improvement on last seasons home shirt. didn't like the plaque thing the crest was surrounded by or the horrid hexagonal-type area around the neckline.

I'm not a huge fan of collars, but the one on the England shirt doesn't seem to bother me, so I'm sure I'll be fine with this one too
Old 25-07-2006, 08:25   #653
owenjt
Trusted User

I very nearly bought a shirt last night but over £50 including the premiership badges and p&p is a lot of money just for a shirt. Think i'll stick with my old one for now.
Old 25-07-2006, 08:38   #654
owenjt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberion
I'm waiting for Stevie G to tell me weather I should like it or not now
Old 25-07-2006, 08:50   #655
stu_69
prohibido

Anyone who wears a football shirt as a fashion statement either A. Has no taste or B. Is from Dublin (I'm from Dublin so I am allowed to say that).

I am of the opinion that football shirts should be worn whilst playing football or watching football and for nowt else. Having said 2 of my brothers are ManU fans and they have both just bought the new manu home and away kits (or they have ordered them) and they will live in them for the rest of the season.

I saw a whole group of Chinese guys in London yesterday wearing Liverpool shirts (what I can only assume where fake as they all looked like the new jersey).
Old 25-07-2006, 09:01   #656
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69
Anyone who wears a football shirt as a fashion statement either A. Has no taste or B. Is from Dublin (I'm from Dublin so I am allowed to say that).

I am of the opinion that football shirts should be worn whilst playing football or watching football and for nowt else.
Regardless of whether they should or they shouldnt be worn, people do wear them outside of those times and its losing us money not exploiting that.
Old 25-07-2006, 09:16   #657
soberion
Warlocks do it with style

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenjt

That's my mind made up
Old 25-07-2006, 09:17   #658
owenjt
Trusted User

People will always wear their shirts outside of football. They're proud of supporting their team and it's their god given right to wear whatever they want, no matter what anyone thinks!
Old 25-07-2006, 09:21   #659
john316
XBL: morro316

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69
- I'm proud to wear my Liverpool shirt when I'm out and about and won't have a word said against it!
Old 25-07-2006, 09:25   #660
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
Originally Posted by john316
- I'm proud to wear my Liverpool shirt when I'm out and about and won't have a word said against it!
And I'm not saying you can't, it's just my opinion. Where I live ever ****** wears a gooner jersey and I mean everyone men, women, children, dogs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenjt
People will always wear their shirts outside of football. They're proud of supporting their team and it's their god given right to wear whatever they want, no matter what anyone thinks!
Of course they are and more power too them. I was just stating my opinion. I am proud of supporting my team (My office is covered with Liverpool stuff, I have a mug, mousemat, scarf round my monitor, pictures from the CL and FA Cup on the walls - My boss is not too happy about it though) but I don't like wearing a jersey outside of supporting the team at games or down the pub.
Closed Thread