Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 14-11-2020, 10:16   #13781
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa

Thanked 1,839 Times in 1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkle View Post
Something I noticed yesterday and not sure if noticed before /always been the case ..

When I go to my complete game library, it does not list games I have from games with good unless the are back compatible titles. So things like stuntman show, but other games I have and can play by game pass, but are true Xbox one generation titles only show under the games with gold section

I swear all games used to show under the all games part of the library and strange previous generation ones do
Yeah that's a recent change (last 6 months, maybe more). I wanted to install Rayman Legends back in August and thought I was going mad as I couldn't find it in my Library, but it was available to install through a search (which brings up the store page). Then I noticed the separate Games with Gold section.

The only theory I can put forward for why the 360 games appear in the main library - with those titles once you claim them, you own them for good. Properly own them.* With Xbox One titles you can only access them with an active Gold/Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

*I think I read this has changed slightly now as 360 games with gold are now available through the modern Xbox store. You only own them for good if you redeem them on a 360 or via the old marketplace xbox website listings. If you claim them using the new store they're seen as Xbox One games so are no longer yours without a sub.

Last edited by kanedaa; 14-11-2020 at 10:23.
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 10:31   #13782
dunkle
Trusted User

Cheers. At least I know not going mad
dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 20:11   #13783
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

Finally got my Series X plugged in, having trouble with my HDMI Matrix 4 in 2 out splitter, it initially showed it on screen but as soon as I got in to updating it, the screen went blank and only a direct connection showed it up.

Anyway 1.5 hours downloading later back into Watchdogs and it’s like it knew I wanted a demo of RT as I arrived in Leicester Square and it had just rained, so lots of neon and almost the whole area was a puddle, raytracing a-go-go! That looks good!
T4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 19:07   #13784
dunkle
Trusted User

Hopefully someone can help

I used to have a one s in my bedroom and a one x downstairs
I have replaced the one x with a series x and the one s with the one x (hopefully that makes sense)

Now, when I turn on my controller upstairs, the downstairs series x comes in and vice versa if I turn controller downstairs the one s upstairs comes on

Now none of these controllers have been used / synced with the other machines

Now, as well as this ...

I have a lucid sound ls35x headset
I rarely if ever game online, really only use them for single player games but

Nobody can hear me when I try use them on cod
Even in party chat. Nobody can hear me. The mic works as I can record and playback messages, just nobody else can hear me

Can anyone help with these issues ?
Cheers
Old 15-11-2020, 19:11   #13785
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

Quote:
Hopefully someone can help

I used to have a one s in my bedroom and a one x downstairs
I have replaced the one x with a series x and the one s with the one x (hopefully that makes sense)

Now, when I turn on my controller upstairs, the downstairs series x comes in and vice versa if I turn controller downstairs the one s upstairs comes on

Now none of these controllers have been used / synced with the other machines

Now, as well as this ...

I have a lucid sound ls35x headset
I rarely if ever game online, really only use them for single player games but

Nobody can hear me when I try use them on cod
Even in party chat. Nobody can hear me. The mic works as I can record and playback messages, just nobody else can hear me

Can anyone help with these issues ?
Cheers

Hook the controller you want to the console you want with a USB cable and sync it that way
Old 15-11-2020, 19:24   #13786
dunkle
Trusted User

Done that. And all sync fine
So new series x controller on series x and the old one x controller on that

But pressing the guide button on the one x controller turns on the series x and vice versa despite them never being paired to those console
Old 15-11-2020, 20:05   #13787
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

Full controller reset?

https://youtu.be/dRSvLSK9Tc8
Old 15-11-2020, 20:34   #13788
dunkle
Trusted User

Cheers. I shall try.
Any idea on the headset ?
I’m guessing it’s a privacy thing but can’t seem to change
Old 15-11-2020, 21:12   #13789
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK

I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla quite a bit over the weekend and I’m still really enjoying it. There seem to be two schools of thought on how to approach the early game in Norway: 1, concentrate on the story and get to England as soon as possible; 2, get as much done in Norway as you can. I have been engrossed with exploring Norway and so have opted for the latter approach and much of Norway’s region (in the southern part of the map) is power level 1 so my assumption is that you are supposed to get the most out of this area first. I’ve certainly enjoyed getting to grips with hunting, gathering resources, looting chests including up to this point 4 books of knowledge which have granted me 4 abilities, plus a few new weapons like a dagger, a flail, war hammer and a two handed axe.

Last edited by JohnMac; 16-11-2020 at 11:56.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 13:50   #13790
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
I’ve been playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla quite a bit over the weekend and I’m still really enjoying it. There seem to be two schools of thought on how to approach the early game in Norway: 1, concentrate on the story and get to England as soon as possible; 2, get as much done in Norway as you can. I have been engrossed with exploring Norway and so have opted for the latter approach and much of Norway’s region (in the southern part of the map) is power level 1 so my assumption is that you are supposed to get the most out of this area first. I’ve certainly enjoyed getting to grips with hunting, gathering resources, looting chests including up to this point 4 books of knowledge which have granted me 4 abilities, plus a few new weapons like a dagger, a flail, war hammer and a two handed axe.

Yeah, I’m loving Valhalla too. Spent almost 11hrs in Norway before reaching the opening titles & venturing to England. Have spent a further 14hrs there so far & only scratched the surface. Once you reach England, unlike Norway, it’s best to generally stick to the main missions for a good few hours before randomly exploring as I found myself wasting time attempting to enter specific buildings that can’t be accessed until you reach specific main missions.

So, 25hrs+ into this & apart from some very minor screen tearing & brief silly enemy AI actions, this has been another worthy entry into the AC world.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 14:49   #13791
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

Thanked 1,065 Times in 471 Posts
Mafia definitive edition (its actually an remake) is really good. best mafia game there is. Mafia 2 "definitive edition" is better than 360 one but they added a lot of bugs and crashes
Old 22-11-2020, 18:25   #13792
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK

Played more Valhalla this weekend. Synchronised lots of viewpoints, raided more monasteries (stealth killed then called in the Raid to open the doors and chests that required two people); built up my settlement and did some settlement related quests. I have 8 abilities assigned but I don’t use them all that much. The world itself is fantastic and it really feels like a living breathing place with all the wildlife, including the fishing. As with most Ubisoft games they throw everything but the kitchen sink at you in a massive open world and I’m happy to say that it mostly seems to work and feel varied whilst also being well integrated. You always have something to do and there are lots of ways to keep things from becoming repetitive if you intentionally keep mixing things up.

Last edited by JohnMac; 22-11-2020 at 18:26.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 16:34   #13793
Bish

I've finally got round to playing Valhalla on my Series X and it's really good. I spent about 8 hours in Norway and was glad to start proper and get to England. It looks and runs lovely although there is still some minor niggles.

When smashing pots for loot the hit detection is very dodgy and while climbing is great it still seems harder than it should be to enter an open window.

I also encountered a bug when looting, I called for help to lift the lid of the loot only to find the NPC stuck in the doorway as if the now broken door was still there.

I've also just done my second raid in England and was just about to kill what I thought was the last enemy and got hit from behind and died I wouldn't mind but I spend a while collecting all the loot thinking any danger was all gone.

Combat in general is fine but coming off the back of Ghost of Tsushima it doesn't seem as polished.
Old 25-11-2020, 20:23   #13794
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Patch for Valhalla arrives tomorrow, which apparently fixes the screen tearing. They are also adding a “Quality” mode that locks the game at 4K & ramps the visuals up to the max, but locks the game down to 30frames.

No way I’m touching that after enjoying playing this for 35hrs at 60frames, it’s the best improvement this game has to offer over previous releases. Just hope they’ve not compromised the 60frames version to remove the mild screen tearing.

Getting back to the game, I’ve now reached the “fantasy” locations & the visuals are spectacular....
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 20:32   #13795
T4V
PSN=The4thViewer XBL=t4v

I’m just waiting for the Watch Dogs patch, not touching it again till it saves the game!
Old 26-11-2020, 11:25   #13796
dunkle
Trusted User

The Xbox store

Further to previous about how terrible the new app is, has anyone found a good way to browse the online store and see what’s available

I had the inclination to go back to some of my previous 360 titles to maybe mop up achievements etc. so wanted to see what’s available and it’s just a nightmare, or so it seems

Would love an easy way to properly browse the store in iPad
Even the “my games” part of the website seems to have disappeared now
Old 26-11-2020, 11:30   #13797
mjpartyboy
Trusted User

The new mobile app is terrible, with things missing from the previous version, and it's slow and unresponsive.

Last edited by mjpartyboy; 27-11-2020 at 14:03.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 12:23   #13798
DSG
Stella !

Yes the store was always bad but its even worse now. And the xbox website is just as bad, the ability to send and receive messages seems to have disappeared entirely. Hardly any use when you're at work and you want to inform your pals that you'll be online in 30 minutes.
Old 26-11-2020, 13:43   #13799
dunkle
Trusted User

Anyone using one along with a separate amp / surround sound kit, check out the dts app

Wow. Very impressed.
spot on placement of sounds (has a nice little utility to allow you to move sound around) and has great use of high and low sound placement in room. Sound really does sound as if coming from above / below
Old 26-11-2020, 14:05   #13800
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Quote:
Anyone using one along with a separate amp / surround sound kit, check out the dts app

Wow. Very impressed.
spot on placement of sounds (has a nice little utility to allow you to move sound around) and has great use of high and low sound placement in room. Sound really does sound as if coming from above / below
This only new gen or old gen too?

Sent from my Xiaomi Poco X3 using Tapatalk