Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 22-07-2010, 22:26   #181
LooNaTiK
Aaarrrrggghhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearAl View Post
Wtf you got to the last stage still with a cloud!? You didn't use them all up on stage 4?
^ This... WTF!?

never has the smiley been more appropriate

congrats

LooN
LooNaTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 10:04   #182
Guest 4466
Out of the water

Thanks guys. Makes me feel better about being so silly on the final stage for so long!

I think I started stage 4 with three and used up 2 this time, but I've done it using only 1 and, if I remember rightly, none (but only once or twice: I tended not to risk that since I didn't want to get hit at all!).

end of stage 3

For stage 4 itself:
stage 4

Then you've just got to be careful not to need to spin after the first green laser in stage 5 (the other three can be skipped).
Guest 4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 10:38   #183
MetalGearAl
Trusted User

MetalGearAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 14:59   #184
Matt_Bro14
Trusted User

Just picked this up having been a fan of the first game. Loving its return, and the easy access map means no more trawling round hub worlds to get to levels (which in turn means its even harder to put down as its always a case of 'just one more star )

But the insane difficulty has already reared its head with a few of the bosses and now the first lot of prankster comets. Pray for my controller cause its gonna start flying.
Matt_Bro14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 16:02   #185
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearAl View Post
Yes, the purple coins prankster star on Tall Trunk Galaxy. If you think it's easy then fair play to you, you're a better player than us!
I said it looks deceptively easy. Of course it wasn't but I managed to crack it last night. I was getting 82's then on one run I hit 106!

I'm surprised the poster mentioned it because it's a prankster comet and I didn't play it until long after that bloody spring level. I didn't think you could play it before that one, unless you deliberatly skipped it out.

I'm on another purple coins level in that sunshine beach map, that's pretty hard because the stick is very sensitive, lot of oversteer.
Guest 2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 13:01   #186
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Woo! I got to 120 stars. Some of them were hard work but I got there in the end.

It's a bit confusing on what to do next, the green stars on starship Mario say I've got to fight the monster but there doesn't seem to be one to fight. Apparently you've got to do the last Bowser again (how boring!) but the game doesn't make it clear so god knows how you're supposed to know to do that.

I'm assuming that you need to do that to get access to the Green stars. Did anyone enjoy doing the green stars or are they worth skipping. I don't know if I should bother doing 120 rounds of green stars just to get access to two "proper" levels
Old 17-08-2010, 14:40   #187
Guest 4466
Out of the water

Yeah, Bowser is the monster. Can't remember how I knew that... maybe because you had to beat him a second time in the first game to move on to the next thing.

The green stars are all-new stars placed around existing levels. I thoroughly enjoyed them and definitely recommend them. In many ways they're more fun than the originals: they're generally quicker to get through as you don't have to meet any collect-100-coins goals, but just look around the levels you're already familiar with. Some are obviously placed, some are easy to reach; some are deviously hidden, some require jumping skills or ingenuity you didn't know you had. To me it was like being a returning expert, on a final tour of the game I'd all but mastered.

It's not about getting access to the final levels. It's about playing the old levels again in a new way.
Guest 4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 15:27   #188
MetalGearAl
Trusted User

I enjoyed the green stars as I was still liking the game and wanted to play more of it without just going over old ground. They don't take too long either.
MetalGearAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 09:39   #189
charlie angel
Trusted Schmoozer

Just come back to this as a break from SSFIV - up to 92 stars now & I've been doing them sequentially; not moving on until each galaxy is finished in order, & going back & doing comet stars as soon as they appear. It's a wonderful game - so imaginitive, so inventive. Just loving it as much as the first really.

The levels I have the most trouble with are the cosmic clones ones. I always run into them :/
charlie angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 00:12   #190
EdgeOfVictory
Live from the Troubador

I got this on release day, but apart from trying it for an hour or so, it went completely untouched until last weekend (I had really wanted to finish the first one but just never got round to it).

Had about 3 LONG stints on it now and up to 71 stars. Very addictive once you start, certainly much easier to navigate round the galaxies which I did think was a pain in the first one. Can't praise it enough, I thought Okami and Resi 4 would be hard to top as the best wii games but think this manages it

Couple of frustrating levels - mostly the comets (spring mario comes to mind) - that very nearly saw me hurling the controller through the tv, but I'll put that down to tiredness. May even go back and finish the first one once I finish this
EdgeOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 21:24   #191
Guest 2241
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfVictory View Post
I got this on release day, but apart from trying it for an hour or so, it went completely untouched until last weekend (I had really wanted to finish the first one but just never got round to it).

Had about 3 LONG stints on it now and up to 71 stars. Very addictive once you start, certainly much easier to navigate round the galaxies which I did think was a pain in the first one. Can't praise it enough, I thought Okami and Resi 4 would be hard to top as the best wii games but think this manages it
Zelda:TWP surely is the best Wii game (until the next Zelda game)?