Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 29-11-2017, 12:08   #81
cjay
Trusted User

Yeah, like how they suddenly give screen time and talking parts to people who are obviously new but have never been introduced and we're supposed to believe they've been there the whole time. Pretty lazy. I guess there are issues having such a large cast but there has to be a better way.
cjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 14:30   #82
mjb1975
Blandiblub

That is Siddiq who is in the comic books apparently. (I don't read them but watched a review on YT).

I LOVED the rocket launcher by Rosita!

Tbh, I think I kinda preferred the last couple of episodes to the amazingly silly Police Squad style shoot-outs in the early eps of S8.

It's still pretty bad but I'm too far in now to give up. Only a couple more before the mid-season break and there's bound to be something noteworthy in the 'finale' before Xmas.
Old 05-12-2017, 21:35   #83
wasted
Was looney, still can be.

Guess everyone has dropped this as no more comments, but latest ep was the worst yet, which is saying something with how the season has gone so far. An ep centered around Eugene and the trash people, I tried to follow it but the dialogue was ridiculous and mumbled, why cant these people talk in a way that most of us can understand, if I was that bothered about the series I would have put subtitles on just to work out what they were saying, I cant be the only one to find it hard to understand what the hell that was.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:18   #84
cjay
Trusted User

Yeah, that episode was proper dull. Got to be cancelled soon surely. Or more likely keep shuffling on with the slightest hint of life like a zombie.
Old 06-12-2017, 15:30   #85
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjay View Post
Got to be cancelled soon surely.
Despite the ratings dropping dramatically, it still pulls in HUGE numbers & would have to drop by at least a further 50% before the show was maybe in trouble of getting cancelled.

I'll admit it's not been great this season, but it still remains watchable. But for the first time, it's sister show (Fear) was superior in quality.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 16:31   #86
GregB
Stagger Lee

I watched it today. Well when I say watched I mean I had it in the background while I did other stuff. This really shouldn't be one of those type of shows.
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 16:59   #87
MaxNutter

does it still have the stealth/ninja/teleporting zombies like the one that eviscerated Dale in Season 2?
Old 06-12-2017, 17:08   #88
GregB
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
does it still have the stealth/ninja/teleporting zombies like the one that eviscerated Dale in Season 2?
Nah. They teleported away to somewhere less dull, like Slough.

Last edited by GregB; 06-12-2017 at 17:30.
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 17:43   #89
Thucydides
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasted View Post
Guess everyone has dropped this as no more comments, but latest ep was the worst yet, which is saying something with how the season has gone so far. An ep centered around Eugene and the trash people, I tried to follow it but the dialogue was ridiculous and mumbled, why cant these people talk in a way that most of us can understand, if I was that bothered about the series I would have put subtitles on just to work out what they were saying, I cant be the only one to find it hard to understand what the hell that was.
I kept asking the wife what was being said - both by Eugene and that trash woman. Why on earth does Rick need them anyway? And why go there single-handed anyway when they could have killed him instantly? And why should he now trust them when they've already gone back on one deal?
I just feel I'm too far in now to stop watching but it's a pale imitation of what it started out as.
Thucydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:00   #90
mjb1975
Blandiblub

I don't read the comics but I assume this is kinda how 'all out war' plays out in those but I never thought it'd be this dull.

I don't know what happens next in the comics but I'd so wish them to move on from the Negan plotline and look to getting to Washington DC to find out if anyone's running the country, any communications with overseas countries, etc.

I think there'll just be a new group being introduced before the Negan thing is over and it'll just repeat things over and over...
Old 11-12-2017, 22:06   #91
wasted
Was looney, still can be.

Well the mid season episode was kinda more of the same bad scripting, bad acting and just bad. How did we get to what it was to what it is now so easily (trying not to spoiler) and the big thing at the end which is a huge deviation from the comic series could point to the tv series heading for an end soon. I hope they put it out of its misery soon (and us out of our misery soon) they should set it up for a suitable nihilistic ending and thats the end of it.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:53   #92
gravesend46
Celtic Tiger

Aside from the big reveal at the end, I was a bit confused by what was going on at the beginning.

Rick's with the trash people, then they vanish, then he's in a car with Carol and that Kingdom dude, then there's a crash, then Kingdom guy turns up captured and Rick and Carol have waltzed off elsewhere. All very disjointed.. or else I was half asleep.
gravesend46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:18   #93
kanedaa
XBL: kanedaa

Thanked 1,137 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesend46 View Post
Aside from the big reveal at the end, I was a bit confused by what was going on at the beginning.

Rick's with the trash people, then they vanish, then he's in a car with Carol and that Kingdom dude, then there's a crash, then Kingdom guy turns up captured and Rick and Carol have waltzed off elsewhere. All very disjointed.. or else I was half asleep.
Probably that last part. It was crap but everything you mention made sense.

The trash people ran off when Rick was under fire after seeing his plan had failed. Carol and Jerry (Kingdom guy) rescue Rick, and they talk about cars at a nearby lookout that they'll each take and split up. Jerry is the one in a crash (obviously taken out by the saviours who then use him later against the others).

I'm definitely in the camp of "why the hell am I still watching this crap?". Characters making stupid nonsensical choices is a trademark of the show by now but it still drives me mad. This whole episode I was so angry that a) their plan had fallen apart and b) they still did nothing about it (no one took a stand, or worse still idiots giving themselves up when they didn't need to) - not because I care about these jokers - because it's just infuriating that they could have wrapped it up in that opening episode with their crack snipers taking out Neagan. And ******* Neagan. We have to put up with that caricature for another 8 or so episodes.

Beyond the terrible story stuff something that stood out from the 2nd episode of this season is how the entire production has just gone downhill. I think it was episodes 2 and 3 where I actually wondered if they accidentally assigned an intern to direct.
kanedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:59   #94
TheCookieMonster
Trusted User

Dropped this a couple of episodes back now. Absolutely crazy the drop in quality. Isn't this AMC's flagship show?
TheCookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:05   #95
mjb1975
Blandiblub

The mid season finale was better IMO as they usually ramp it up a bit for the cliffhanger but it was underwhelming.

All I could think about was
but not sure whether this means
. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

I guess we wait until February now? I'm sticking with it - too far 'in' now. I'd assume Negan will be gone by the end of S8 and S9, we'll move on. Don't know whether that will improve things (ie: a non-Negan plot) but we shall see.

I mean the season or so with The Governor was also pretty bad right?
Old 12-12-2017, 12:17   #96
cjay
Trusted User

Apparently Carl says it happened when he got bundled while he was being dumb with that new guy. I didn't catch it so read that somewhere.

They've alluded to Rick being immune but that could just be from negligent writing. That could be passed on.
Old 12-12-2017, 13:51   #97
Hernster
Toon Army Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb1975 View Post
The mid season finale was better IMO as they usually ramp it up a bit for the cliffhanger but it was underwhelming.

All I could think about was
but not sure whether this means
. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

I guess we wait until February now? I'm sticking with it - too far 'in' now. I'd assume Negan will be gone by the end of S8 and S9, we'll move on. Don't know whether that will improve things (ie: a non-Negan plot) but we shall see.

I mean the season or so with The Governor was also pretty bad right?
I'm too far in as well to drop it. The comic's are far superior to the show IMHO and I don't know what the TV show will do now as Carl is featured heavily in storylines after this 'war' arc. I was thrilled when Negan came onto the TV show as he's brilliant in the comics but TV Negan is nothing more than a clown. Maybe, just maybe the dvd uncut swearing will make him better but I can't be bothered to check mine out. Heck I may even give my box sets to my nephew for Christmas.
Hernster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 16:46   #98
cliff homewood
Trusted User

Well I couldn't see what was happening for most of it, it was like an audio drama, didn't have a clue what was going on and got bored of it for the first time. Looks like I'm the only one who had this not being able to see whats happening to be able to follow the thread of what's happening problem (first time I have had it for a whole episode, normally it would just be one scene).
cliff homewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 08:39   #99
neilalford
I angered a crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjay View Post
Apparently Carl says it happened when he got bundled while he was being dumb with that new guy. I didn't catch it so read that somewhere.

They've alluded to Rick being immune but that could just be from negligent writing. That could be passed on.
Yep, he got it an episode or two back when he and Siddiq were fighting walkers in the forest and a couple of them pile on top of him, I thought it was made quite obvious at the time as we see the blood and he then looks down at it and makes an "Oh dear" face, so was a little disappointed that it was apparently the big reveal for the cliff-hanger.

I suspect he may survive it, either due to some natural immunity or possibly assistance from whoever owns the helicopter.

Not sure this needed to be an extended length episode, could have been a regular length if they'd not bothered with the pointless slow-mo bits.
neilalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 09:32   #100
johnson293
Black and White Member

Hadn't bothered with the last 3 or 4 episodes, but thought I'd watch the mid-finale to see if there was any sort of cliffhanger.

Most of the episode was the same muddled, mix up of shoot-outs and confrontations that seemed to be happening in the first few.

Then Ricks fight with Negan in the house... Rick was the upper hand with Negan on the floor, grabs Lucille and.... pokes him in the stomach with the handle??!!! Surely you'd hit him with the business end, and make sure he didn't get straight back up??!!

And as for the end reveal... I think Carl must be the only person to receive a bite that hasn't been a chunk taken out of him... just a nice neat set of teethmarks. I suspect this may mean that whilst then end is inevitable, it takes longer, so Carl is around a bit longer than your average bite victim... however...

johnson293 is offline   Reply With Quote