Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion

Notices

Old 25-06-2018, 17:42   #601
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestik View Post
Always wondered how the Death Star got passed health and safety. All those high walkways with no railings.
What about those two guys that stand next to the beam with only their hands and arms to protect their eyes. Whereas the guys in the control room have a full visor
Spaceranger2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 17:59   #602
Spaceranger2001
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockosjungle View Post
Who is that a dig at? Rian Johnson?
No not at all, all the directors they have had so far have one or two successful movies under their belts when starting their turns. It producer interference that is the common thread. If KK has a vision for how the Star Wars movies should be made then she should direct them or get someone brand new and ghost direct.

I don't see why you hire directors and allow them creative input them take it away and get someone else to finish the job according to a producers vision.

I didn't much care for TLJ and I think it was a mistake to even continue with the Skywalkers but to plan a trilogy of films and have a different director on each one while trying to maintain a consistent character traits and story arc was clearly a step to far. (It didn't work with the original trilogy either)

I'm not that keen on JJ Abrams efforts but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt to care a little more about the characters he introduced and do right by them more than any other director might. If I was KK's superior I'd tell her to give JJ the money to complete his trilogy starting with Episode 8 Re-edit and film it back to back with Episode nine.

Have Leia sacrifice herself in the opening moments of 8 by splicing together existing footage to make her appear to force catapult herself through those ships as someone on youtube has already done.

This happens after Rey gives him his lightsaber which prompts Luke to return to whats left of the fleet. Keep Snoke alive and bring back Lando who will have a bigger part in Episode 9.
Spaceranger2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 18:09   #603
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,017 Times in 716 Posts
It'd have took ten seconds of TLJ editing to give Leah a decent death (suicide run on the ship), I guess now we'll lose her in the opening crawl.

They need to decide what they want with these movies, they go on about wanting risky directors with talent and then bin them off. They'd be better off just hiring studio hacks
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 20:08   #604
Raigmore
Ambassador to Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestik View Post
Always wondered how the Death Star got passed health and safety. All those high walkways with no railings.
I didn't notice any toilets for the physically challenged either.
Raigmore is offline   Reply With Quote