Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 12-08-2018, 12:31   #3901
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockosjungle View Post
My team started with two draws after spending like bandits, I'd be ecstatic starting with a win against a decent Leicester side.

I'm not saying it was the greatest performance, but you won and played alright. Always shaky at the start of the season, the BBC pundits seem to think there are plenty of positives.

If you're going to take to message boards every time an attack breaks down or they fluff a pass, you're going to have a miserable time as a fan.

I don't recall in living memory when Man United would have met your standards of play, each year they fail to win every game, drop a few points, etc.

So why not just sack it off and go and support Celtic who probably have the best chance of winning their league.
WTF?? No-one is saying we should win every game...don't think that's EVER happened has it...but it's the way we play that United fans have issue with. We are so boring to watch and that ain't what we're used to...at least not the fans who've been supporting United B.M. (...before Moyes)!

Seems it's just about the result for you...for me I want to be entertained, thrilled, inspired by high drama, by gifted players giving their all. I want these 'gladiators' to appreciate that the people watching them are the sole reason they enjoy such a lavish and pampered lifestyle and stop play-acting on the 'field of battle' with their embarrassing displays of cheating!

...and stop all the hugging and kissing of opponents in the tunnel pre-match, it's ****in' nauseating!!!
Old 12-08-2018, 13:55   #3902
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,017 Times in 716 Posts
Maybe read the thread a little more, usually it's serious complaining if you haven't won and middling complaining when you have won.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 14:31   #3903
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockosjungle View Post
Maybe read the thread a little more, usually it's serious complaining if you haven't won and middling complaining when you have won.
To be fair, there's usually only one person doing that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 15:03   #3904
MICON
Trusted User

Give it a break. Every forum I go on (but don't comment on) have many people commenting as the match progresses. Red Cafe fills a page a minute, often more. Twitter & Facebook have people commenting every second. The Liverpool thread often does the same.
Tell the owners & advertisers on this forum that you don't want people commenting on actions while a football match is happening, & they will be happy that everone move along to Facebook, twitter & one of hundreds of forums where you can comment without bitchy, childish remarks. Oh I tried supporting Celtic & they lost... so there...
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote