Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Shopping and Money Forums > Suppliers and Shopping Forum

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 08:26   #1601
cubes
Trusted User

Not surprising they were empty considering how much they charged.
cubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:40   #1602
dvds2000
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubes View Post
Not surprising they were empty considering how much they charged.
Agreed. I called in one a few weeks back, and walked out without buying anything. Think it was almost £6 for one with beans and cheese. Sorry, but while you would possibly get that in the centre of London, in less affluent locations you are never going to have queues selling at those prices!
dvds2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 16:49   #1603
unclerichy
Geek up your life

I've only ever seen one branch and that was on a school trip to Chester back in the 80s. Not sure why I remember that...
unclerichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 13:51   #1604
GregB
Stagger Lee

To absolutely no one's surprise Pledgemusic has gone

https://twitter.com/PledgeMusic/stat...953295872?s=19
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:45   #1605
qpw3141
Unregistered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbilsborough View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/business...turn-continues

I have been predicting this for a while now, always pretty much empty when you walk past them - thought there would be more than 37 of them to be honest...
Funnily enough, I thought rather the opposite. I didn't even realise that they still existed at all.

All the ones that I knew of in London closed down and I thought the chain had gone bankrupt. This was years ago.
qpw3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 09:21   #1606
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,185 Times in 836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvds2000 View Post
Agreed. I called in one a few weeks back, and walked out without buying anything. Think it was almost £6 for one with beans and cheese. Sorry, but while you would possibly get that in the centre of London, in less affluent locations you are never going to have queues selling at those prices!
I've started to notice this much more in the bigger cities like Liverpool, what I'd call London Prices, to the extent that grabbing some lunch in London doesn't seem like a rip off. Ok there is still Greggs, but plenty of places think people will pay £8 for a Burrito or Chinese food cos its in a box like they do in New York.

£6 for a jacket potato, I say it about a number of businesses, but when people are feeling the pinch one thing you can cut out is £6 for an X.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:58   #1607
dvds2000
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockosjungle View Post
I've started to notice this much more in the bigger cities like Liverpool, what I'd call London Prices, to the extent that grabbing some lunch in London doesn't seem like a rip off. Ok there is still Greggs, but plenty of places think people will pay £8 for a Burrito or Chinese food cos its in a box like they do in New York.

£6 for a jacket potato, I say it about a number of businesses, but when people are feeling the pinch one thing you can cut out is £6 for an X.
The one I went to was at Dalton Park outlet centre, which is in Murton, one of the most deprived areas in the country. I get that you get people coming in from outside the area for that type of shopping place, but lets be honest, if you have a lot of money you aren't going to be looking at outlet stores, and Sunderland, Middlesborough, Stockton and the like aren't exactly overflowing with money. You can buy a 3 bed house with gardens for well under £100k. I actually had a small stall down there about 10 years ago and knew one of the lasses who worked there, and Monday to Friday if they had 50 customers in a day it was busy, some days they had less than 20.
dvds2000 is offline   Reply With Quote