Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 21-12-2017, 08:16   #3081
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
Oh dear, some on here will not regard this as a disaster but, realistically, it was our best chance of silverware. Bristol City deserved it, no complaints from me...but...Mourinho has to go before we can get back to where we should be. His tactics and ability to inspire this team when needed is woeful, no wonder the Chelsea team wanted shot of him! He has zero charisma, is a totally miserable git and I'll be glad to see the back of him!

I see the Leicester game is live on Saturday, I won't be watching it...the ********* ain't spoiling my Christmas!!
Same here. When I saw the time it was on, & the mediocre way we are playing, it was a no brainer.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 10:42   #3082
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
His tactics and ability to inspire this team when needed is woeful, no wonder the Chelsea team wanted shot of him! He has zero charisma, is a totally miserable git and I'll be glad to see the back of him
He has become a right miserable git, he never looks like he’s enjoying football at all now. He skipped out pretty quick after the match, BBC are saying he started his press brief when only 1 journalist was present. The City manager had spent £450 on a bottle of wine to share with Jose and he didn’t hang around to share a glass!

Apparently City were lucky last night as everyone was waiting for UTD’s next goal...
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2017, 10:41   #3083
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by madstu View Post
As a Bristol Rovers supporting Man Utd fan
A statement I'll never understand. This is not and will never be part of my makeup. Who would you want to win if they played each other in an FA Cup Final.
Old 22-12-2017, 10:47   #3084
MaxNutter

guessing he'd be happy either way.
Old 22-12-2017, 13:38   #3085
madstu
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
A statement I'll never understand. This is not and will never be part of my makeup. Who would you want to win if they played each other in an FA Cup Final.

Utd every day of the week. My dad grew up a Rovers supporter, so I’ve been to quite a few matches over the years, inc two playoff finals and various cup finals (Leyland DAF etc). I do follow them with interest. They are very unlikely to competitively play each other, but I would want Rovers to do well as long as they are not playing Utd. I have an interest in Swansea as well as I went to Uni there, and was at the Vetch when they had to win to stay in the Football League, and won 4-2.

Nothing wrong with following other teams, I am a football supporter, not just a Utd supporter - I find it weird if you dislike every other team apart from your own. Having moved around a lot, I will often go and watch football matches where Utd are not involved. Saw Spurs v Madrid @ Wembley earlier in the season, will watch the North London derby, Utd and Juventus matches. I don’t particularly like Spurs, but am a member this year, as I can go and see some potentially great games 45mins from my house.

I often go to Stamford Bridge, my love is Utd - but I live in London, so often go there, numerous matches at Wembley. Finals and Semis, and the only time I’ve ever felt conflicted was when I saw City v Liverpool FA Cup Semi. So it makes it easier when we are playing at Wembley, went to the FA Cup Final in 2015 and 16 (when Utd won). I can understand it might seem strange if you’ve only ever lived in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22-12-2017, 14:11   #3086
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by madstu View Post
I can understand it might seem strange if you’ve only ever lived in one place.
I've lived in various places in England but am a Mancunian so support City. I don't ever think of going to watch other clubs as there's no emotional bond for me.

I was given a ticket for the Liverpool vs Chelsea semi final at Old Trafford a few years ago but as I was sat with a load of Chelsea fans I felt zero connection to their fans or team.

When I watch City I'm surrounded by mostly the people I've sat next to for 20plus years and theirs that bond. If I get to away games I always bump into people I know. Different perspectives I suppose but cheers for taking the time to answer
Old 23-12-2017, 21:36   #3087
andybhoy
Trusted User

Rashford’s decision making has been shocking since he came on.

We’ve just shagged ourselves there.

Last edited by andybhoy; 23-12-2017 at 21:38.
andybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 21:38   #3088
jpig
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybhoy View Post
Rashford’s decision making has been shocking since he came on.
For a lot of this season.

Lukaku should have been played in four or five times tonight but they've just ignored him. Not a happy bunch.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 21:41   #3089
jpig
Trusted User

Just wow.

Thrown away by a front three that don't know how to score. We should have won that by three or four.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 21:46   #3090
MaxNutter

Good job MICON didn't watch this one. I worry about his health
Old 23-12-2017, 22:21   #3091
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Good job MICON didn't watch this one. I worry about his health
Watched Bridget Jones Baby. It's just ended & I come on here, & nothings changed. I've had my fill of this bunch. I hear Ryan Giggs was scathing about United the other day. Happy Christmas.
Old 24-12-2017, 08:21   #3092
MICON
Trusted User

Just watched MOTD, as I said nothings changed. We missed Pogba today????
Average to above average (just) front bunch. Not the top notch strikers that Manchester United should have. Schoolboy defending for Leicesters first goal. Mata, like him or not, & I like him, saved our bacon today. De Gea also. Apart from those two, most of the rest of the team should be gone or on the bench. I think these are even beyond Pep. As for Pogba, I heard that Manchester United staff had to get him out of bed for training.

"Senior players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, club captain Michael Carrick and Ashley Young have become exasperated by the behaviour of their team-mates and other young players from the academy".

Sorry about the link as my 'insert link' doesn't seem to work at the mo'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-training.html

Last edited by MICON; 24-12-2017 at 08:24.
Old 24-12-2017, 16:31   #3093
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Well, Maureen is clearly nowhere near the calibre of Fergie when it comes to player handling...there is NO WAY that he'd put up with the ******' attitudes of these vastly self inflated ball kickers!

Pogba would be out the door...again (...see why he got rid now?). Maureen's Chelsea squad turned on him and refused to perform until he got the boot, seems we may have to wait this one out

...by the way, what the Chelsea players did was disgraceful, you play for the fans and the huge undeserved salary you get, if you don't like the boss...tough! ...don't like my boss either but I still have to do my job properly
Old 24-12-2017, 17:39   #3094
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,207 Times in 853 Posts
Isn't that pretty much what he does everywhere though? I'm guessing he'll be telling the media that they can sack him and pay him off if they're not happy within a couple of months.

Do we like Pogba on here? I can never tell, seems to change more often than the wind
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 17:58   #3095
MaxNutter

Some do, some don't
Old 24-12-2017, 22:01   #3096
andybhoy
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
Isn't that pretty much what he does everywhere though? I'm guessing he'll be telling the media that they can sack him and pay him off if they're not happy within a couple of months.

Do we like Pogba on here? I can never tell, seems to change more often than the wind
Pogba is top class.
andybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 23:18   #3097
MaxNutter

Quote:
Pogba is top class.
Agreed. Regardless of what people think, statistics show we are much better with him in the side.
Old 24-12-2017, 23:39   #3098
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Quote:
Pogba is top class.
That's quite a claim! He's very average, sometimes has a good game but then follows up with mediocrity! Seriously, the only player everyone can agree on as being 'top class' is De Gea. Rashford is also worthy of consideration but his frustrations are getting to him...not a fan of his recent habit of diving either!!
Old 24-12-2017, 23:54   #3099
MaxNutter

Quote:
That's quite a claim! He's very average, sometimes has a good game but then follows up with mediocrity! Seriously, the only player everyone can agree on as being 'top class' is De Gea. Rashford is also worthy of consideration but his frustrations are getting to him...not a fan of his recent habit of diving either!!
Rashford needs to sort his selfishness out.

Pogba improves us, surely even Garth Crooks acknowledges that.

But I agree, De Gea is the best player at the club.
Old 25-12-2017, 08:38   #3100
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Rashford needs to sort his selfishness out.

Pogba improves us, surely even Garth Crooks acknowledges that.

But I agree, De Gea is the best player at the club.
Well that absolutely confirms that Pogba is average. "We missed him" in the last two games, a loss against Championship team Bristol City & a draw against struggling Leicester. We won the previous two when he wasn't in the team, because of an unnecessary ban. Still it gives him plenty of time to party it up, & sleep it off on the fans money.