Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 22:39   #1
Thomasd
Trusted User

WWE Thread 2012: Yes! Yes! Yes!

I will change the thread title as soon as "Yes!" gets annoying, promise

Still hyped after Raw. Know people like
and Rock won't be at the Raw at o2, but cannot wait for it now. Anyone else going?
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 23:17   #2
boonspoon
SILENCE!! I KEEEEL YOU!!

I'm going to the SD show in Glasgow. Never been to a TV taping, would be good to do though.

Bit late with this I guess but I made this video using footage from the "Once in a Lifetime" show that they made to hype the Cena/Rock match. To be a bit different though, I used the music that had been used in The Rock's vid for this Cena vid and I was going to use the MGK song in a video for The Rock but ran in to some problems doing The Rock's one. Might still do it though. Anyways, here it is:

Old 04-04-2012, 08:43   #3
hannay
Trusted User

hannay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:39   #4
internetuser
XBL / PSN : Googleboogle

Some more new debuts on smackdown too.
internetuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 17:15   #5
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Before appearing at Download in June, Chris Jericho and Fozzy will be supporting Soil in Wolverhampton on Thursday 7th. I think this is the only show announced so far.
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25   #6
hannay
Trusted User

Half decent Raw again this week

and

Last edited by hannay; 11-04-2012 at 07:26.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:57   #7
Guest 61747
Collector Of Cool Stuff.

I am not a huge John Cena Fan...

I am now officially sick to death of The Rock and his disappearing trick.

So that's it now is it? He'll vanish off the face until his next big pay-out? The introduction of Brock Lesnar as a foe for Cena to feud with, whilst The People's (Invisible) Champion turns out another movie turd, is so blatantly obvious that it's embarrassing.

It does not even matter if 'ROCKY' comes back and starts another feud with someone else...it will still be - just like the one with Cena - utterly pointless.

Whether people like him or not, whether he is a fan favourite or not...Cena is still the face (not to mention the 'face') of the company. Much has been said of him being a 'company man' through-and-through. This may be true.

...But it's only going to stay true up to a certain point.

There is utilising a person's loyalty, and then there is abusing a person's loyalty. I mean think about it...you are asked to build a feud, over a year of mailed-in appearances (using that term quite incorrectly) with someone who ran off with the first hint of Hollywood money, and who has not performed in-ring in a decade, for the sake of one match only, on the biggest stage of your entire profession.....and you have to lose...to a man who has already disappeared...yet again!

Why? To put DJ over? I doubt it, he was already as massively over as he was going to get. So what did it achieve exactly. It won a huge pay-out for Brahma Bull(*********r), but what did it do for Cena?
Guest 61747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:05   #8
Guest 34041
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightStorm View Post
I am now officially sick to death of The Rock and his disappearing trick.

So that's it now is it? He'll vanish off the face until his next big pay-out? The introduction of Brock Lesnar as a foe for Cena to feud with, whilst The People's (Invisible) Champion turns out another movie turd, is so blatantly obvious that it's embarrassing.

It does not even matter if 'ROCKY' comes back and starts another feud with someone else...it will still be - just like the one with Cena - utterly pointless.

Whether people like him or not, whether he is a fan favourite or not...Cena is still the face (not to mention the 'face') of the company. Much has been said of him being a 'company man' through-and-through. This may be true.

...But it's only going to stay true up to a certain point.

There is utilising a person's loyalty, and then there is abusing a person's loyalty. I mean think about it...you are asked to build a feud, over a year of mailed-in appearances (using that term quite incorrectly) with someone who ran off with the first hint of Hollywood money, and who has not performed in-ring in a decade, for the sake of one match only, on the biggest stage of your entire profession.....and you have to lose...to a man who has already disappeared...yet again!

Why? To put DJ over? I doubt it, he was already as massively over as he was going to get. So what did it achieve exactly. It won a huge pay-out for Brahma Bull(*********r), but what did it do for Cena?
Would Cena have been so loyal if his acting and movies didn't stink?
Guest 34041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:26   #9
hannay
Trusted User

It was the fact the WM28 was "sponsored" by the Rock's movie that ****** me off the most. It was all just a massive advert for the movie all along.
Old 11-04-2012, 16:52   #10
Matt KB
Meow meow meow

Rock's movies and acting have been pretty bad as well to be fair.
Matt KB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 17:17   #11
Guest 34041
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt KB View Post
Rock's movies and acting have been pretty bad as well to be fair.
Fair point, but they must've made $$$ or he wouldn't have a career now.
Guest 34041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 17:26   #12
Guest 65023
Trusted User

I'm no wrestling fan, but I am a UFC fan. The way Lesnar bailed in his last "fight" was an embarrassment, yet he's fit enough to return to the wrestling ring? Something smells funny.
Guest 65023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:23   #13
crunchman
Trusted User

You try taking a few beastly knees to the mid section off Overreem after having two seperate bouts of Diverticulitis and god knows how much of your intestines removed and not want to instantly **** yourself.

He's fit, just really has buggered up guts, since when did you have to be fit to be a wrasslin star anyway

Last edited by crunchman; 11-04-2012 at 18:24.
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 19:39   #14
Guest 65023
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
You try taking a few beastly knees to the mid section off Overreem after having two seperate bouts of Diverticulitis and god knows how much of your intestines removed and not want to instantly **** yourself.

He's fit, just really has buggered up guts, since when did you have to be fit to be a wrasslin star anyway
That was my point. Maybe calling him an embarrassment was harsh, but he was never fit enough to compete, so how is he fit enough to "compete" here?
Though I think we all know the answer to that one.
Guest 65023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 19:58   #15
Guest 61747
Collector Of Cool Stuff.

Quote:
since when did you have to be fit to be a wrasslin star anyway
Seriously?
Guest 61747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 20:04   #16
internetuser
XBL / PSN : Googleboogle

Wrestling is not as full on as UFC. Yes it hurts but a punch or kick to the gut in wwe is staged not to hurt. In UFC they do it for real.
internetuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 20:39   #17
crunchman
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightStorm View Post
Seriously?
Yes, there's loads of fat ***** that can hardly move that have graced the ring over the years, hell most matches over 5 mins or so usually contains the inevitable double knockdown so both guys get a breathe!

Also look at another WWE/MMA crossover with lashley, he seemed super fit in WWE, gassed to hell very quickly in Strikeforce

Brock is crazily well conditioned and in the WWE he can stipulate to not get hit there in any matches or whatever, hell even if he did "get hit" it wouldn't hurt anywhere near a proper knee!
In the UFC it was common knowledge that his guts were sore, no gentlemans agreement not to hit him there

Last edited by crunchman; 11-04-2012 at 20:45.
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:06   #18
Blokie
Don't Ask...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonL View Post
That was my point. Maybe calling him an embarrassment was harsh, but he was never fit enough to compete, so how is he fit enough to "compete" here?
Though I think we all know the answer to that one.
So what is your point (apart from trolling)?

Nobody here, apart from you, is trying to compare WWE and UFC, as they're clearly not the same thing.

If you were Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon came knocking on your door after you'd just retired from the UFC offering you (probably) big $$$ to come and work in a controlled environment where your obvious injuries can be managed and worked around, asking you to work a handful of nights in a year, what would you do?

I'm pretty sure your response would not be "No thanks. I'm not fit enough to compete in the UFC anymore, so I'll just sit at home and make no money for the rest of my life."

My Credit Card Bill

Last edited by Blokie; 11-04-2012 at 21:18. Reason: Wrong quote!!!
Blokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:10   #19
Shingster
Trusted User

Quote:
Brock is crazily well conditioned and in the WWE he can stipulate to not get hit there in any matches or whatever, hell even if he did "get hit" it wouldn't hurt anywhere near a proper knee!
In the UFC it was common knowledge that his guts were sore, no gentlemans agreement not to hit him there
Indeed, there's a huge difference between being physically fit with a stomach ailment and going in a fight with a guy who will actively aim for that stomach and being in a partially staged fight where your opponent can work around the stomach issue. Brock should stick with the WWE for the rest of his career now IMO, it's what made him a star and they need another powerhouse headliner like him imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokie View Post
If you were Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon came knocking on your door after you'd just retired from the UFC offering you (probably) big $$$ to come and work in a controlled environment where your obvious injuries can be managed and worked around, asking you to work a handful of nights in a year, what would you do?

I'm pretty sure your response would not be "No thanks. I'm not fit enough to compete in the UFC anymore, so I'll just sit at home and make no money for the rest of my life."
Not sure why you're ranting at crunchman tbh, he was defending Brock! Methinks your beef should be with JonL's comments??

Last edited by Shingster; 11-04-2012 at 21:16.
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:19   #20
Blokie
Don't Ask...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
Indeed, there's a huge difference between being physically fit with a stomach ailment and going in a fight with a guy who will actively aim for that stomach and being in a partially staged fight where your opponent can work around the stomach issue. Brock should stick with the WWE for the rest of his career now IMO, it's what made him a star and they need another powerhouse headliner like him imo.

Not sure why you're ranting at crunchman tbh, he was defending Brock! Methinks your beef should be with JonL's comments??
I hit the wrong quote button! (I've modified my post now)

My Credit Card Bill
Blokie is offline   Reply With Quote