Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Mobile Phone and Satellite Navigation Forum

Notices

Old 16-11-2011, 15:02   #1
target
Trusted User

Thanked 4,335 Times in 1,947 Posts
Recommended Android Games

All the games I currently have on my phone - except Sword of Requiem (a Fire Emblem rip-off which was withdrawn from the market)

Inotia 3: Children of Carnia - Action RPG, better controls than Zenonia IMO. Free (ad supported)
Shift - Platform Puzzler. As well as the traditional left, right, jump you can also 'shift' which inverst the landscape and puts you on the opposite side of whatever you were standing on. Has a kinda Portal feel to it. Lite version of a $1.99 game
Star Traders RPG - A sort of turn based version of Elite. A much better trading game than the various Dope Wars Variants. Free with an optional donation version with more features.
Heroes of Zulula - Turn based RPG with childish humour and odd combat. I can't actually put my finger on what I like about this game but I love it! Free with a donation version which has an extra level.
Great Little War Game - Absolute must for TBS fans. The benchmark Advance Wars clone. Very polished. Approx $3, no demo
Beyond Ynth Xmas Edition - Very polished, unique platform puzzler. I can't even begin to describe this, try it or watch a vid. 5 level demo of a approx $4 game
Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom - port of the PC RTS series which works really well on a touchscreen as you don't have direct control of your troops - instead influencing them to patrol or attack certain areas with cash rewards. Lite version of a approx $3 game.
Templar Assault - a new game form the Star Traders game. Basically a mobile version of the Space Hulk boardgame. Free
Sword and Earrings - TBS that mixes things up by forcing an aggressive play style as both sides have unlimited reinforcements but an army size cap based on controlling points on the map. Makes a nice change from the traditional Advance Wars clones. Demo of a $5 game.
Knighturn - Sequel to the above. More of the same.
Micronytes - A nice precision platform game. Works better on a mobile than you'd ever imagine. And I hate Virtual DPads and suck at action games so that's saying something! Demo of an approx $2 game.
Populus Romanus - TBS following the combat rules of the Civilization series. Demo of an approx $3 game
Shadow Era - Like Magic the Gathering. Free
Fuzzies - A polished Lemmings clone. Approx $3, no demo.
Box Fox - A traditional platform puzzler, solving puzzles and flicking switches to get to the end of a level rather than dodging bad guys. Lite version of an approx $1.50 game
Revival 2 - Civilization. It's a lot better than its rating suggests. From the negative market reviews, most people failed to pay attention during the tutorial about how to switch between move and view mode! A $1 game for which there exists both a demo and a lite version and I don't know the difference between the two so I linked the full version here.
Refraction - A challenging logic puzzle game about bending, merging and splitting light beams. Much better than all other laser/mirror games. Lite version of a $2 game.
Furry Legends - A platform game, not especially popular for some reason but I just kinda like it! $2, no demo.
Gish - I think this controls better than the PC version. Free (ad supported, $1.50 for ad free)
Constant C - A unique puzzle platform where you can rotate gravity but only you and objects in close proximity to you are affected by the change. So you have to work out how to clear a path without being squished. Free
Spectral Souls - Squad Tactics JRPG. Commercial game - $15 (not a typo!), no demo. Needs 1gb of SD card space.
Aporkalypse - Pigs of Doom - Isometric Puzzle platform where you have to switch characters, Lost Vikings Style. Free (ad supported, approx $1.50 for adfree)
Symphony of Eternity - Final Fantasy style RPG. Especially nice because you can see and, if you wish, avoid the random encounter monsters! Paid, no demo. Not actually sure of the price as it's always under some weird special pricing offer!
Xenowar - X-Com/UFO clone. $2 game, no demo but you used to be able to get beta's to play with from their website.
Super Stickman Golf - A tanks/artillery style controls where you navigate maze like courses, taking your next shot from wherever your previous landed. Free
Virtual Pool - mobile version of the PC game where the speed you move your cue at actually controls the shot power. Approx $2, no demo
Armored Strike - Tanks/Artillery/Worms type game. Lite version of a $3 game.
Enigmo - Puzzle game where you have to divert a flow of water in real time towards an exit. Kind of a cross between Refraction and Aparratus. $3, no demo
Vampire Slayer Squad - Space Hulk type game. Lite version of an unreleased game.
Emissary of War - 3D RPG by an ex Bioware employee. You control a warrior while the computer auto controls a ranged DPS. By hitting a button you can override the ranged dps and instruct him to heal you. approx $1, no demo
Grand Prix Story - manage your own GP team. Research and build cars train drivers, watch races. You will lose sleep! Demo of a $5 game
Game Dev Story - manage a game studio. Select the genres, train the staff. Much more fun than it sounds. You will lose more sleep! Demo of an approx $3 game
Everlands - a pretty unique TBS that's hard to describe so best demo'd. It's kind of like a cross between othello and a TCG game. Much more challenging than the cutesy presentation suggests. Demo of an approx $2.50 game
Battle for Wesnoth - port of the well known open source PC Advance Wars clone. Demo of a $4 game
Pocket League Story - Buy, sell, train players - win games! Lite version of a $5 game.
Townsmen 6 - Settlers style game. Free 9ad supported, approx $1.50 for adfree)
Mechanics Touch - platform puzzle game where you have to influence the environment to allow little guys to get to the end of the level. Kinda Mario Mini-land Mayhem. Approx $2, no demo.
Karoshi - Puzzle platformer where the aim, rather uniquely, is to kill yourself rather than reach the end of the level. With this in mind, they've made it impressively harder to reach danger in any given level than the typical platformer! $1, no demo
Domino Run - like that old domino rally game Pushover - with the ant and the quavers. Free demo of an approx $2.50 game
Age of Conquest - sort of Risk but based more on army sizes than dice rolls. Lite version for a series of games set in different regions of the world costing $3 or $4 per region. You only really need to buy the one region of interest (eg, Europe) unless a total addict!
MYFC Manager - a fairly in depth football manager/championship manager game. The low review scores seem down to incompatibility with some devices so be sure to try it within the 15 minute refund window! Approx $4, no demo
Uniwar - Advance Wars clone. $5, no demo
Tower raiders - Defense Grid style tower defense game. Demo of a $4 game
Tower Raiders 2 - nicer looking sequel to the above but full version costs $5 this time.
Toki Tori - great port of the PC platform/puzzle game. $2, no demo but there may be a PC demo you can try.
X Construction - Bridge builder, Pontifex, Bridge Construction clone. Demo of a $1.50 game.
Sim City - a fully featured port of the classic game with nice UI features to overcome the small screen. £2.99+vat, no demo
Worms - good port, though controlling weapon power is a touch tricky on touchscreen. £1.39+vat, no demo
Settlers HD - official port. Needs several hundred mb of SD card space iirc. $5, No demo
Plants Vs Zombies - Enough said. $3
Peggle - still enough said! $3

Last edited by target; 16-11-2011 at 22:44.
target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 15:18   #2
statto
Jedi Master

Good idea putting this list together. I'll add a few (all free):

Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio: Just in case there's anyone on the planet who hasn't heard of these.

Alchemy: Combine four base elements (earth, air, fire and water) to produce gradually more complex elements up to a total of 380 (and counting).

Wordfeud: Like words with friends but seemingly more stable on the Android platform.

Mahjong & Friends: "Proper" Mahjong, as opposed to the solitaire version which is more prevalent. There is also a "Mahjong & Friends 16" which is a more complex version of the same game.
statto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 15:30   #3
Barnacle
Trusted User

Cut the Rope
YooNinja
Stupid Zombies
Jewels
Island Fortress
Mahjong 3D (not proper mahjong but the solitaire version)
Barnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 16:16   #4
joconnor
(,O'.')-O

Flick Golf! (golf game with aftertouch)
Fireworks (chain reaction puzzle game)
Move the Box (simple but addictive puzzler)
Clouds and Sheep (hard to describe this one, sim sheep?)
Robo Defense (tower defence style game)
joconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 16:17   #5
Joca
Trusted User

Air control lite
Mouse trap
Move the box
Teeter

Whats Angry birds? women you upset? (only kidding)
Old 16-11-2011, 21:57   #6
target
Trusted User

Less than a day and my first new recommendation!
Piggy Adventure - a puzzle platformer. (Nearly all my games are puzzle platformers or TBS!)
You have 3 characters of different sizes and strengths who can between them jump different heights, push different sized objects and fit in different sized gaps. You can switch between them at will and have to use them together to get all 3 to the exit.

This one is free, though I'm not sure why. I'd pay for it, and it costs on IThingies.

Last edited by target; 16-11-2011 at 22:24.
Old 16-11-2011, 22:20   #7
vsehijpal
Trusted User

Wind Up Knight is an excellent platform, first 10 levels are free
vsehijpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 22:31   #8
nigel_williams
Trusted User

I bought:

Jelly Defense: https://market.android.com/details?i...HlkZWZlbnNlIl0.

and Sprinkle: https://market.android.com/details?i...5zcHJpbmtsZSJd

Both are excellent on Honeycomb tablets
nigel_williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 15:03   #9
Gedalia
Space Monkey

Wtf? Sim City is not compatible with the Galaxy SII? I can't download it!
Gedalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 15:58   #10
target
Trusted User

Make sure to choose the version from EA Netherlands. The other versions from other EA companies will show as incompatible (or did for me).
Old 17-11-2011, 16:01   #11
Gedalia
Space Monkey

Trying to get it from the site linked it doesnt let me proceed with purchase as says phone not compatible and it doesnt come up in a manual search of the market through my phone...
Gedalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 16:38   #12
target
Trusted User

That sucks. I'll post if any future update points out it adds SGS2 support! From reviews it struggles on Asus Transformers so I assume there will be an update.
I always read my changelogs. I get curious like that.
Old 17-11-2011, 22:15   #13
target
Trusted User

Gameloft games are 99p if you follow a link from Yahoo: http://perks.yahoo.net/
They're also buy one get one free from Gameloft themselves.

These offers do stack cause I've done a 2 games for 99p offer before.
Old 19-11-2011, 22:45   #14
target
Trusted User

Robotic Planet - a sort of futuristic version of settlers with robots. Collect resources, setup supply chains, with the goal of building enough battle robots to take out the enemy whilst he's trying to do the same to you. The AI seems a pretty determined player! Demo of an approx $2 game.
Old 22-11-2011, 15:22   #15
Guest 81090

games

doodle jump is adicitive game as is ball drop
Guest 81090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 12:13   #16
target
Trusted User

This is a nice one! By Disney!!
Where's My Water - it's quite a challenging puzzle game wrapped in the style of a casual game. Easy to use touch interface, optional collect 3 stars (ducks in this case!). Approx $1

Check out its iTunes rating! http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/where...449735650?mt=8

[edit]
First Disney, now Sega!
With ChuChu Rocket: http://www.appbrain.com/app/chuchu-r...2/com.sega.ccr
Not tried it though. This one is free!!: http://www.appbrain.com/app/shokoroc...ke.shokorocket
Was just impressed at the recent showing of big names developing for Android.

Last edited by target; 23-11-2011 at 14:02.
Old 23-11-2011, 21:52   #17
Ono
I LIEK JEON JI-HYUN!!!111

Kairosoft's new one:

World Cruise Story.

Last edited by Alan b; 23-11-2011 at 22:04.
Ono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 15:35   #18
target
Trusted User

MyFC Manager just got updated to the 2012 season. For free. That was unexpected. Now why can't Sports Interactive do that??
Old 27-11-2011, 02:44   #19
Cirrus888
Original Account Deleted

Grave defense HD is a favourite tower defense game of mine. One of the first games I played and its still one I go back to mainly because they have regular updates. It has defined my taste for tower defense.

World Cruise Story is like hot springs story. If you don't like that then you won't really like this. I've yet to really play it but I love kairosoft and they are everything I want in computer gaming.

Paradise shopping wasted an hour or two of my time yesterday. Simple, repetitive but addictive.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
Old 28-11-2011, 16:33   #20
target
Trusted User

World of Goo!! Can't tell you how good a port it is because it's ARMv7.

There appears to be a beg them to add ARMv6 libs campaign in the comments for the release! http://2dboy.com/2011/11/28/world-of...le-on-android/

Last edited by target; 28-11-2011 at 17:48.