Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2007, 08:06   #1
new
Sand Dab

old DOCTOR WHO specials & series5 *SPOILERS* PLEASE CLOSE 1000 post reached

Well looks like the last one got closed due to off topic stuff & arguing, so thats try & keep on track for this one.

Here is a link to the old thread:
1st Doctor Who Series 4 Info Thread-*SPOILERS*

Anyway, OG has gone into absolute overdrive today with a number of people saying they saw Catharine Tate as Donna filming a scene with a certain Billie Piper last night.

The scene involved them arguing with Billie/Rose ending it by saying something like "what he's dead!".

This sort of ties in with the rumors that have been going round about this years "Doctor light episode", being about the Doctors companions, how much he changed there lives & what there life is like without him.

Some OG members are saying this is all ball, others seam to running off to the loo at the thought of it, while this one waits for a bit more info........

Last edited by new; 30-01-2009 at 10:06.
Old 27-11-2007, 09:35   #2
Spooky_uk
XBL/PSN : SPOOKYVILLE

could alss be that rumoured RTD season finale mooted awhile back from somewhere

should nearly be time for the official website to get an xmas face lift and the first xmas special trailer to be aired... would have thought deffo by end of next week we should have had a glimpse of it maybe as soon as this coming weekend
Old 27-11-2007, 09:48   #3
new
Sand Dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_uk View Post
could alss be that rumoured RTD season finale mooted awhile back from somewhere
They are filming the Doctor light one know, so it would appear to tie in with that, however this episode could be a set up for the finale.

EDIT - in fact thats what the Mirror is reporting:
Quote:
Billie reunited with Dr
EXCLUSIVE Billie returns as TV Doc's helper
Doctor Who will have three glamorous assistants in the next series - after Billie Piper agreed to a surprise comeback.
BBC chiefs are delighted that Billie, 25, is to star in at least three episodes to round off the next run, which starts in March.
The Time Lord, played by David Tennant, starts with Donna (Catherine Tate) as his helper, is then joined by Martha (Freema Agyeman) and then reunites with Billie's character Rose for the finale. A source said: "With Donna, Martha and Rose competing to assist him, Dr Who is going to be spoilt for choice."
Since quitting, Billie has often admitted she misses the show which turned her into a major TV star. The actress told The Mirror: "Doctor Who is a big part of my life. I've missed it since I left and I love David Tennant."
She was persuaded to return by her family. Billie added: "My mum is the biggest Doctor Who fan ever. I feel bad about not being in this year's Christmas special with Kylie Minogue."
As Rose, Billie proved a huge hit, winning awards two years running.
Next year's 13-part series will end with an explosive plot, before taking a break for just a few specials in 2009. The series returns in 2010.
Billie will star as Sally Lockhart in the BBC1 adaptation of Philip Pullman's Shadow in the North this Christmas.

By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor Nicola.Methven@Mirror.Co.Uk 27/11/2007
Quote:
should nearly be time for the official website to get an xmas face lift and the first xmas special trailer to be aired... would have thought deffo by end of next week we should have had a glimpse of it maybe as soon as this coming weekend
Funny you should say that as a BBC Xmas Press release today has this pic:

They look a bit Axon'ish to me.

Last edited by new; 27-11-2007 at 10:12.
Old 27-11-2007, 10:57   #4
Puny Human 354
Trusted User

Looks like she is returning for three episodes and confirmed by the Beeb:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm
Old 27-11-2007, 11:02   #5
Andy
Logomotive

So the rumours are right with us being 'treated' to Tate, Martha, Rose, Mickey, Jackie and Pete Tyler could be right.

I try to remain positive but this seems like hell to me.
Old 27-11-2007, 11:50   #6
jpig
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So the rumours are right with us being 'treated' to Tate, Martha, Rose, Mickey, Jackie and Pete Tyler could be right.

I try to remain positive but this seems like hell to me.
Rumour is that they'll only all be together in the episode without Tennant. Martha is only in it for 3 episodes, and so is Rose, so I imagine it'll be:

Tate then
Tate and Martha then
Tate and Piper.
Old 27-11-2007, 11:57   #7
goonerforever
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
Rumour is that they'll only all be together in the episode without Tennant. Martha is only in it for 3 episodes, and so is Rose, so I imagine it'll be:

Tate then
Tate and Martha then
Tate and Piper.
There's one painful consistant in each of those
Old 27-11-2007, 12:01   #8
new
Sand Dab

BBC have said Rose/Billie will be in 3 episodes (the 'Doctor light' one & then the final 2?), & that Martha will be in 5 episodes (the two part Sontarans one that has been filmed & 3 others).

It is possible that Martha's final 3 episodes will be the same one's as Rose.
This will fit in with the rumour of the 'Doctor light' one being about companions, & the final having all 3 of them?

Also to add to the mix is that John Barrowman has said he will be back as Capt Jack at some point in Series 4.

Last edited by new; 27-11-2007 at 12:17.
Old 27-11-2007, 12:10   #9
Guest 912
Trusted User

Ack! Can't stand Rose, hated Tate - I liked Martha and she's only in it for 3 eps
Old 27-11-2007, 12:20   #10
mikef
Trusted User

Aghgghh...what a dumb idea....removes all of the point and emotion from the end of series 2....Look, Blake is dead, shot by Avon, Rose is trapped in a parallel universe....live with it!!
Old 27-11-2007, 13:15   #11
Guest 3003
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Ack! Can't stand Rose, hated Tate - I liked Martha and she's only in it for 3 eps
Five.

To those who think this is a bad idea that negates the end of 'Doomsday', it's hardly going to be an Aliens/Alien 3-style debacle is it?

And no one batted an eyelid when Susan made her (rubbish) reappearance in 'The Five Doctors', after a very touching goodbye -- and she was the Doctor's granddaughter FFS!

To me, it means one thing above all else: Billie Piper, a terrific actress and a total babe who made a huge contribution to the present show's success, is coming back. Wonderful.

Last edited by Dene; 27-11-2007 at 13:16.
Old 27-11-2007, 13:41   #12
Guest 912
Trusted User

total babe

www.specsavers.com
Old 27-11-2007, 13:43   #13
mikef
Trusted User

[QUOTE=Dene;7725177]Five.

And no one batted an eyelid when Susan made her (rubbish) reappearance in 'The Five Doctors', after a very touching goodbye -- and she was the Doctor's granddaughter FFS!
[QUOTE]

I did, but we didnt have the internet back in those days....though I did grumble a lot in the pub about it!! And yes, it was rubbish...and she twisted her ankle!!

mikef
Old 27-11-2007, 15:01   #14
Spooky_uk

the involvment of the
in the xmas special has not been mentioend since the early days of the annpuncement, wonder if that was BS too.
Old 27-11-2007, 15:07   #15
Guest 62251
Banned

Surely it would only make sense to bring Piper back if this was to be Tennant's swan-song? Which would cast serious doubt on the "4 specials in 2009 and a new series for 2010" stories we've heard(would the BBC launch a new Doctor in a series of one-off specials?).

Could this be it for the foreseeable future?
Old 27-11-2007, 16:10   #16
Spooky_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClintoch View Post
Surely it would only make sense to bring Piper back if this was to be Tennant's swan-song? Which would cast serious doubt on the "4 specials in 2009 and a new series for 2010" stories we've heard(would the BBC launch a new Doctor in a series of one-off specials?).

Could this be it for the foreseeable future?
3 specials, not 4.
Old 27-11-2007, 16:10   #17
corkbouy
Doesn't Like Mondays

*watches as everyone struggles to maintain a 'friendly' Dr Who thread with this announcement*

I'm looking forward to it - should be cracking!
Old 27-11-2007, 16:30   #18
Guest 23929
Xbox - KaRW/ PSN KaRW1

I'm normally very hard to offend with Dr Who, but brining Billie Piper back is just wrong.
Old 27-11-2007, 16:57   #19
Guest 62251
Banned

Quote:
3 specials, not 4.
As I understand it; three + the usual Christmas special. Anyway, my original point still stands.

Last edited by McClintoch; 27-11-2007 at 16:57.
Old 28-11-2007, 06:45   #20
new
Sand Dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRW View Post
I'm normally very hard to offend with Dr Who.........
Have you ever read a Doctor Who thread before?!

The BBC has now released a more detailed press release (although it still does not say much) about Voyage of the Dammed :

Quote:
Doctor Who Christmas Special 2007 –
Voyage Of The Damned
Drama BBC ONE

Kylie Minogue steps back in time this festive season, as she joins Time Lord David Tennant for a spectacular Doctor Who Christmas Special set on board The Titanic.

At the end of the last series, viewers witnessed the The Titanic crash through the Tardis walls in spectacular style, and tonight's action continues from that moment.

Kylie, who plays Astrid, a waitress on The Titanic, says: "It is an incredible thrill to be joining David and the entire Dr Who production for this year's Christmas special. Dr Who enjoys a unique history and it is going to be very exciting to be a part of that."

Two of Britain's best-loved sitcom actors, Geoffrey Palmer and Clive Swift, also feature in this Christmas episode.

Palmer, perhaps most famous for his roles in the long-running BBC series Butterflies and As Time Goes By, plays the role of Captain of The Titanic.

Kylie Minogue stars as Astrid, alongside David Tennant as The Doctor.

Voyage Of The Damned also features Gray O'Brien, who recently appeared in the Oscar-winning film The Queen; Debbie Chazen, star of the BBC comedy series The Smoking Room; Olivier Award-winner Clive Rowe; Russell Tovey, from the smash-hit film The History Boys; Jimmy Vee, who previously appeared in Doctor Who as the Moxx of Balhoon; and George Costigan, who starred in The Long Firm and the acclaimed film Rita, Sue And Bob Too.
Official site has also now been updated:
Doctor Who

The "Prepare for ADVENTture... 01/12/07" tag line would suggest that there will be some sort of trailer out that day, or the website will be update again on that date & maybe every day before Xmas there after.

On the subject of Rose I have mixed feelings myself.
They have already given her a great send off which closed her story.
However its been very clear the amount of times she has been mentioned in the last series that she would be back at some point, I just always assumed it would be in Tennant's last episode.
I just hope we get more of the Rose from Series 1 & less of the Rose from Series 2.

The Doctor Who website has also said it may NOT be 3 episodes:
Quote:
Rose Tyler returns for Series Four.

Following a series of unconfirmed reports across the media this morning, we're delighted to officially confirm that Billie Piper will return as Rose Tyler in Series Four of Doctor Who.

Anything you may read elsewhere about when, how or for how long Rose returns to Doctor Who should be treated as pure speculation at this point.

Quote:
3 specials, not 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClintoch View Post
As I understand it; three + the usual Christmas special. Anyway, my original point still stands.
There will be the usall Xmas Special for 2008, which is rumored will be filmed straight after they film Series 4 (usually its the first thing filmed for the next series), while Tennant then goes and does his Shakespeare bit.

There will then be a further 3 specials filmed for broadcast in 2008.

However it has not been confirmed or denied if one of these 3 will be the 2009 Xmas special or not. It could be that we get 3 specials instead of a Series & then an Xmas Special that is the start of Series 5 (as they usually are).

There are rumors that they might film the 2009 Xmas Special as the first episode of series 5 & then run the other 12/13 episodes straight after it, while some sources say they will do what they usually do and film the 2009 Xmas Special at the start of Series 5 filming, broadcasting it on Xmas day & then the Series will start around Easter again.

Of course there is the other rumor that there will in fact be no Specials in 2009, just a new series as usall & the whole thing is a smoke screen to give us a shock regeneration of Doctor 10 to Doctor 11 at the end of series 4

Last edited by new; 28-11-2007 at 07:52.
Closed Thread