Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 21-11-2007, 17:41   #41
scooby snacks
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
I'm not enjoying this series at all, and I loved the first one. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was mcGreagor who put the time constraints on this one because of his work - and then he spends the whole time moaning about it.

You never get the sense of two people on their own like you did with the first one. Too rushed, too little time, too much moaning, too much support. The attraction of the first one was that it was two film stars being taken as far out of the comfort zone as possible. That just doesn't seem to be happening here.
Agree with everything said here. After initially not being that interested in Long Way Round, I got round to watching it and found it excellent viewing. Even though they had the support crew in Long Way Round, they only featured now and again. The whole trip focused more on Ewan and Charley, especially through Russia (which was my favourite part).

New episode seems more of a 'team effort' which detracts from the idea of the 'boy's adventure' scenario. Hope it gets betters, as the few first episodes have been nowhere near as good as Long Way Round.
scooby snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 22:45   #42
Guest 33467
Shilpa Poppadom

Just caught this first time tonight and I was hooked. I've not seen the other series Long Way Round (was that the one broadcast on Sky One???) so I havent got anything to compare against. Tonight's episode has got me anxiously trying to find ways of watching the other episodes now
Guest 33467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007, 23:22   #43
GlennSh
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Just caught this first time tonight and I was hooked. I've not seen the other series Long Way Round (was that the one broadcast on Sky One???) so I havent got anything to compare against. Tonight's episode has got me anxiously trying to find ways of watching the other episodes now
Well if you want the original, Play are doing the 2disc set for £5 delivered
Old 26-11-2007, 06:34   #44
HowMuch
Darkplace Hospital

HMV have it in store for £5 or a newer version for £8.
HowMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 23:54   #45
Guest 22389
Green and Scaly

Well Eve joining was as expected, carrying nothing on the bike, falls off all the time, and makes it so half the team have to take the easy route not the interesting way.

And if they do another trip she want to go the whole way

Its safe to say I wouldn't watch that series.
Guest 22389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26   #46
hedgie
Sounds That Can't Be Made

I really enjoyed the series, but haven't yet seen Long Way Round to compare it against. But I couldn't believe the distance they covered in the final episode yesterday and I think they could easily have made two episodes out of that. I guess there is an extended DVD on the horizon, just like the previous series.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27   #47
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby snacks View Post
Even though they had the support crew in Long Way Round, they only featured now and again. The whole trip focused more on Ewan and Charley, especially through Russia (which was my favourite part).

New episode seems more of a 'team effort' which detracts from the idea of the 'boy's adventure' scenario. Hope it gets betters, as the few first episodes have been nowhere near as good as Long Way Round.
Given they that are NOT on their own and that they have got a support crew, what's wrong with seeing them also? There's no point in believing that Ewan and Charley are braving it through Africa on their own when quite obviously they're not! I don't see the problem to be honest.

Great series - didn't see Long Way Round so I've ordered it.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:34   #48
BigH
Trusted User

watched a couple of these, and they're fairly inoffensive stuff

but after watching Ewan in awe of everywhere he goes saying 'that's amazing', gets a little samey after a while (much like going on safari)
Old 03-12-2007, 08:41   #49
the_edge30
Give me all your lootz

Enjoyed this new one but its nowhere near as good as Long Way Round imo. There just seemed to be lot more going on in the first series, this all seemed a bit too fast, they didnt really get the chance to see much, especially for the first half of the trip.

Still it was a good series and I am sure they will be back with more, hopefully without Ewans wife whos arrival I thought was very harsh on Charlie.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:30   #50
ROne
Trusted User

I thought this series has got better and better, pretty much in keeping with the mindset of B&M. In the early episodes they were moaning a lot about timings etc, but as they got into it -it became a much better viewing.

Last night's was the best of the lot by a mile - good pace, lots going off including the last minute spill and great end with the GS entourage.

Red DRAGON / EPIC Digital Cinema Owner/Operator - if you want to make a film most things considered!
ROne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:10   #51
Guest 17778
Alias

One thing does seem drag on a bit thou and i am sure they can't change it...it's the scenery, every country looks the same ! Every episode is full of dirt tracks, mud or soft sand and then more sand. I am sure they can't do anything about that but at least Long way round as I remembered it, it looked and feel different in each episode.
Guest 17778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18   #52
Guest 22025
Steppin' Razor

I felt pretty much the same raymondlin. Africa is a beautiful place but the scenery on the last few episodes has been a bit repetitive. Such a shame that the first leg of the trip with the varying backgrounds felt like more of a race than a journey, just aiming to hit various milestones on time rather than going at the bikers pace.

Long way round was better IMO as they stopped to meet the people more often.

Last edited by MrHat001; 03-12-2007 at 10:19.
Guest 22025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:21   #53
scooby snacks
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Given they that are NOT on their own and that they have got a support crew, what's wrong with seeing them also? There's no point in believing that Ewan and Charley are braving it through Africa on their own when quite obviously they're not! I don't see the problem to be honest.

Great series - didn't see Long Way Round so I've ordered it.
I see your point Its just the support crew didnt seem as prominent (it's still clear they are there though) in LWR. Good choice on ordering it, I found it a lot more interesting than LWD.

What about Charlie causing Claudio to wipe out
Old 03-12-2007, 10:23   #54
scooby snacks
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondlin View Post
One thing does seem drag on a bit thou and i am sure they can't change it...it's the scenery, every country looks the same ! Every episode is full of dirt tracks, mud or soft sand and then more sand. I am sure they can't do anything about that but at least Long way round as I remembered it, it looked and feel different in each episode.

Hit the nail on the head
Old 09-01-2008, 03:43   #55
Guest 42261
Trusted User

CDWOW have:
Long Way Round GBP4.99
Long Way Down GBP9.99
Guest 42261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:49   #56
Guest 33467
Shilpa Poppadom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy2004 View Post
CDWOW have:
Long Way Round GBP4.99
Long Way Down GBP9.99
HMV have the 3DVD special Ed of Long Way Round for £4.99 (free delivery)

Long Way Round
Guest 33467 is offline   Reply With Quote