Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 26-12-2005, 22:24   #1
Guest 32995
Trusted User

Bad Audio on Quantum Leap Season 2 (R2)

I recently bought the Region 2 Season 2 set in a heartbeat after I read that the original soundtracks are intact. Sadly the sound is irregular and warbly on some episodes. It's noticeable during music pieces like the opening theme. It seems that only the music is affected - both songs and score. Dialogue and everything else is fine, but the music does have glitches and it is irregular and warbly on some episodes.

I haven't watched all of the episodes on the Season 2 box set yet, but so far the glitches show up on "Disco Inferno", "Blind Faith" and "Good Morning Preoria". Anyone else have the same problems with their R2 Season 2 box sets?

Last edited by John Crichton; 26-12-2005 at 22:25.
Guest 32995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2005, 22:58   #2
GCampbell
Trusted User

I have not got the Region 2 Season 2 set yet so cannot comment, but a thread on another forum seems to indicate problems with music. If you read here from post #66 it seems it could be universal.
GCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2005, 00:02   #3
Guest 32995
Trusted User

Thanks for the link GCampbell. These are the problems I was talking about. There are very noticeable jumps in the music in some episodes, so it seems that Season 2 was indeed pitch corrected, therefore the littlle pops in the sound.

Annoying, but at least the songs haven't been replaced.

Last edited by John Crichton; 27-12-2005 at 00:06.
Old 27-12-2005, 00:44   #4
thescrounger
Trusted User

It wasn't pitch corrected, the region 1 set also has pitch problems, but oddly on different episodes to the R2 ones.

It's possible the sets were put together by idiots. I suppose we should be grateful for the correct music though.

Last edited by thescrounger; 27-12-2005 at 00:49.
thescrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2005, 21:14   #5
Niceguygeoff
I Do Deny Them My Essence

Way ahead of you John. Actually, looking at the QL season 2 thread, my comment is about 8 posts up from your contribution to the thread! Not wanting to sift through a dozen pages I can understand, but not being able to look back 8 posts?? I even mentioned some of the same episodes you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescrounger
It's possible the sets were put together by idiots.

You're right though, we should be grateful for the music being there as the show just isn't the same without it. At least the picture quality is superb (for a show of this vintage) by way of compensation for the audio glitches, although I've read some reviews that say it's awful! I wonder if folk have gotten so used to pristine transfers of the latest movies that they can't fully appreciate the look of an older TV show like this one...
Niceguygeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2005, 22:54   #6
Guest 32995
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguygeoff
Way ahead of you John. Actually, looking at the QL season 2 thread, my comment is about 8 posts up from your contribution to the thread! Not wanting to sift through a dozen pages I can understand, but not being able to look back 8 posts?? I even mentioned some of the same episodes you do.
Actually I did see your post but didn't read it, as I assumed (after reading the subject) that it only dealt with the music not being changed. Sorry, my mistake.