Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-04-2012, 11:06   #121
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,051
Thanks: 58
Thanked 108 Times in 56 Posts
As if things weren't fiery enough for Monday night, Mancini says he might recall Balotelli!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17867240
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 11:18   #122
rustybin
Xbox/PSN Tag: Rustybin69
 
rustybin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 24,073
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 916 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
As if things weren't fiery enough for Monday night, Mancini says he might recall Balotelli!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17867240
If he does it would erode what tiny credibility Mancini has left.

With Guardiola a free agent, it's unthinkable that your owners won't try to get him in in the summer.
rustybin is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 11:52   #123
nutter45
burninator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 9,564
Thanks: 920
Thanked 417 Times in 268 Posts
Presume he must want out?

Either that or he's deflecting the media....
nutter45 is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 12:03   #124
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,051
Thanks: 58
Thanked 108 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybin View Post
If he does it would erode what tiny credibility Mancini has left.

With Guardiola a free agent, it's unthinkable that your owners won't try to get him in in the summer.
That would be the tiny credibility in your eyes. Don't forget, on here, we like Mancini. Guardiola's having a year off, so it's irrelevant and we don't need him anyway.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 13:38   #125
rustybin
Xbox/PSN Tag: Rustybin69
 
rustybin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 24,073
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 916 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
That would be the tiny credibility in your eyes. Don't forget, on here, we like Mancini. Guardiola's having a year off, so it's irrelevant and we don't need him anyway.
On here? You're reflective of 3 fans

If Mancini is coming out with totally insane stuff like this publically, I can only imagine the sort of crap he says to the players privately.

If City field TWO players who the manager publically stated 'would not play for the club again this season / ever again', surely even the most blinkered fan can see that the manager doesn't have any credibility.

In the short-term, if both score and win the game / league for City you're hardly going to care. But long-term it suggests that Mancini isn't quite up to the job.
rustybin is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 14:08   #126
Flap
.
 
Flap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,508
Thanks: 128
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
I, and all of my city supporting fans, also support Mancini.

So, add a few more to that list.

It's only the bloody media (and non-city fans) who are leading the calls for Mancini out.

Not heard a single fan say they want him to leave.

I subscribe to a newsletter as well, and out of all the contributors, 1 isn't a fan of Mancini.
Flap is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 20:08   #127
Rob
Indie Author
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,051
Thanks: 58
Thanked 108 Times in 56 Posts
What the non-City fans don't seem to appreciate is that we haven't won multiple Champions Leagues/titles/cups over the last 40 years.

These are golden times with Mancini - he's won us the cup, got us into the Champions League and we're in for a shout of the title! Yes he's had the biggest financial backing in history, but win lose or draw on Monday, you can sign me up for another 10 seasons like this one right now.

I'm pretty sure he's saying different things to his players than he's saying to the press.
__________________
"Well I feel like pickin' a fight with anybody who claims they're right"
Rob is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 21:08   #128
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,430
Thanks: 58
Thanked 45 Times in 11 Posts
I along with pretty much every City fan I know is happy with Mancini

He's come in for stick on this forum but 9 times out of 10 it's a fan of one of the traditional SKY top 4 that is giving him a slating.
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester
Citysmith is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 21:40   #129
pivotalgubbins
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 3,437
Thanks: 44
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
He's come in for stick on this forum but 9 times out of 10 it's a fan of one of the traditional SKY top 4 that is giving him a slating.
Yes, it is only this forum that criticises Mancini and not any of the media in this country, other rival fans and so forth...

...he has done plenty to deserve the criticism. His backdown on the Tevez situation, his complete inability to handle good old Mario, him reverting to a defensive style of play based on a couple of difficult games at the turn of the year (why would you do that with your attack!).

Mancini hasn't down a 'bad' job but he hasn't set the world alight either - he's probably a good manager, nothing more. He dominated the league with Inter at a time when his rivals had been shoved down a division or were suffering from an ageing playing squad. His deficiencies were shown up in Europe against tactically superior coaches who could get more from their squads and Jose strolling in and winning the treble proves that. Winning the league with City will not be a great achievement, it will be merely completing a task that he would always have been expected to do.

Pretty pathetic how you trump out the 'Sky top 4' line and now have to add 'traditional' to it as you realise the phrase is a heap of **** - City have bought their way to the top whilst Newcastle have grafted, Spurs have improved before they stuttered whilst Liverpool have fallen away, Chelsea are losing their grip (domestically at least) and Arsenal are by no means assured a place.

Stop making your club look cheap by dragging others down to your level - City are unique and enjoy it for what it is, which probably isn't very much.

Last edited by pivotalgubbins; 27-04-2012 at 21:41.
pivotalgubbins is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 21:46   #130
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,430
Thanks: 58
Thanked 45 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotalgubbins View Post
Yes, it is only this forum that criticises Mancini and not any of the media in this country, other rival fans and so forth...

...he has done plenty to deserve the criticism. His backdown on the Tevez situation, his complete inability to handle good old Mario, him reverting to a defensive style of play based on a couple of difficult games at the turn of the year (why would you do that with your attack!).

Mancini hasn't down a 'bad' job but he hasn't set the world alight either - he's probably a good manager, nothing more. He dominated the league with Inter at a time when his rivals had been shoved down a division or were suffering from an ageing playing squad. His deficiencies were shown up in Europe against tactically superior coaches who could get more from their squads and Jose strolling in and winning the treble proves that. Winning the league with City will not be a great achievement, it will be merely completing a task that he would always have been expected to do.

Pretty pathetic how you trump out the 'Sky top 4' line and now have to add 'traditional' to it as you realise the phrase is a heap of **** - City have bought their way to the top whilst Newcastle have grafted, Spurs have improved before they stuttered whilst Liverpool have fallen away, Chelsea are losing their grip (domestically at least) and Arsenal are by no means assured a place.

Stop making your club look cheap by dragging others down to your level - City are unique and enjoy it for what it is, which probably isn't very much.


I'm loving it. That rant is pure comedy class keep up the good work
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester

Last edited by Citysmith; 27-04-2012 at 21:47.
Citysmith is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 22:02   #131
pivotalgubbins
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Posts: 3,437
Thanks: 44
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post


I'm loving it. That rant is pure comedy class keep up the good work
Of course it is?

What have I actually said wrong about Mancini? Did he achieve everything that was expected of him at Inter? Did he take them close to CL success? Has he achieved anything more than what was expected of him at City to date?

I haven't said he has failed but has he pulled up any trees? No.

You'd think City were the saviours of the PL by the way you post. Currently, it is possible that three of that 'traditional' top 4 will have 3 of its members missing by the end of this campaign - is there anything wrong with that statement?
pivotalgubbins is offline  
Old 27-04-2012, 23:39   #132
DeadYankee
.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Orkney
Posts: 34,217
Thanks: 1,368
Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,143 Posts
He's an arse, he just pulls out the smileys and talks about comedy when he has no answer. Pathetic, as anyone who saw his tragic commentary can attest to.
DeadYankee is online now  
Old 28-04-2012, 08:10   #133
d2000s
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 35
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotalgubbins View Post
You'd think City were the saviours of the PL by the way you post. Currently, it is possible that three of that 'traditional' top 4 will have 3 of its members missing by the end of this campaign - is there anything wrong with that statement?
As DY said, you'll get nothing back from him of worth. He spouts all this moral guff about the "top 4" that might have washed back in the day when he supported a legitimate club from his home town, but not any more. I find it "comedy" that he can't come up with anything else.
d2000s is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 09:02   #134
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,430
Thanks: 58
Thanked 45 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotalgubbins View Post
Of course it is?

What have I actually said wrong about Mancini? Did he achieve everything that was expected of him at Inter? Did he take them close to CL success? Has he achieved anything more than what was expected of him at City to date?

I haven't said he has failed but has he pulled up any trees? No.

You'd think City were the saviours of the PL by the way you post. Currently, it is possible that three of that 'traditional' top 4 will have 3 of its members missing by the end of this campaign - is there anything wrong with that statement?
I'll answer your questions later on as I'm off out, but look at the 2 posts from fans of other clubs who 'hate' Manchester City. As a fanbase I can only say imo that pretty much every City fan I've spoke to is more than happy with the boss
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester
Citysmith is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 12:22   #135
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,315
Thanks: 222
Thanked 637 Times in 379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
As a fanbase I can only say imo that pretty much every City fan I've spoke to is more than happy with the boss
Sadly, the decision isn't down to the fans, not that decisions like this ever are!
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 14:14   #136
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,430
Thanks: 58
Thanked 45 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Sadly, the decision isn't down to the fans, not that decisions like this ever are!
Indeed was ever the case.

pivotalgubbins I along with pretty much all City fans I know are Happy with Mancini. I think he's done a great job after trying to pick up the pieces of what Hughes left. He's still trying to clear out RSC, Bridge, Adebayor amongst others.

When Hughes was sacked City were no where near the position they are now. Mancini has not been perfect but I for one am happy with what he has done. Going to City games this year as a fan has been an utter joy at some of the skill on show. The fans have been brilliant and there seems a coming together in the stands. This has been shown by the backing of the manager and the general atmosphere.

The only real negativity I have seen has been on this very forum, most fans I've spoken to from Bolton, Blackburn, Bury, Liverpool etc.. in the real world want City to get one over on Manchester United.

Looking forward to the derby and if we can get a win by hook or by crook should set the season finale up very nicely indeed. If it were not for City, United would have won the league weeks ago and that is not good for footy in my humble opinion.

Him getting Tevez back int the squad on a short term basis could be a masterstoke if we win the league
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester
Citysmith is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 14:21   #137
rustybin
Xbox/PSN Tag: Rustybin69
 
rustybin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 24,073
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 916 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post

Him getting Tevez back int the squad on a short term basis could be a masterstoke if we win the league
If Mancini hadn't fallen out with Tevez at the start of the season you'd have won the league weeks ago.

To suggest Mancini's handling of Balotelli / Tevez is anything but an utter shambles is ridiculous.

If you win the league it'll be in spite of Mancini, not because of him.

If Mourinho / Guardiola showed the slightest interest of going to City, your owners would have Mancini out on his arse within the hour. Then next season we'd be hearing from you how Mancini had taken the club as far as he could bla bla bla...
rustybin is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 14:27   #138
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,430
Thanks: 58
Thanked 45 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybin View Post
If Mancini hadn't fallen out with Tevez at the start of the season you'd have won the league weeks ago.

To suggest Mancini's handling of Balotelli / Tevez is anything but an utter shambles is ridiculous.

If you win the league it'll be in spite of Mancini, not because of him.

If Mourinho / Guardiola showed the slightest interest of going to City, your owners would have Mancini out on his arse within the hour. Then next season we'd be hearing from you how Mancini had taken the club as far as he could bla bla bla...
I think that you will find I wanted Hughes out a long time before Manicni was on the scene. Mancini was a far, far better manager than Hughes at City. I don't want Mancini out. As for Mancini taking City as far as they can go and think things can get better So what evidence you base your bla, bla, bla on I've no idea.

Another fan of a top club taking a swipe at Mancini there is no surprise there then. We like him at City
__________________
Oh, Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester
Citysmith is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 14:29   #139
rustybin
Xbox/PSN Tag: Rustybin69
 
rustybin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 24,073
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 916 Times in 487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
I think that you will find I wanted Hughes out a long time before Manicni was on the scene. Mancini was a far, far better manager than Hughes at City. I don't want Mancini out. As for Mancini taking City as far as they can go and think things can get better So what evidence you base your bla, bla, bla on I've no idea.

Another fan of a top club taking a swipe at Mancini there is no surprise there then. We like him at City
I love how you sidestep all the points I raised. Comedy
rustybin is offline  
Old 28-04-2012, 14:57   #140
DrZarkov
Gods holy trousers!
 
DrZarkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The continuing 28th state
Posts: 1,518
Thanks: 16
Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Fact is, if Man City beat Utd on Monday they will more than likely be Champions.

If not they will still have had a great season and have been thoroughly entertaining to watch.

I'm sure the majority of City fans will be well pleased with how things are going considering most will remember when they were in the third tier of English football.
DrZarkov is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1006 10-04-2012 12:24
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1000 08-01-2012 19:12
The Manchester City thread Guest 34189 Sports Forum 1006 02-01-2009 18:30

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network