Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2012, 14:37   #41
beebul
--- Pom in Oz----✈

Citysmith's probably out getting his Tevez tattoo this afternoon.
Old 14-04-2012, 14:40   #42
Barny79
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebul View Post
Citysmith's probably out getting his Tevez tattoo this afternoon.
To be fair he wouldn't be as bad as this guy http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...oed-chest.html
Old 14-04-2012, 15:15   #43
utero
Trusted User

A strange game to watch, can't say we played badly but just one of those days where the quality of Man City's finishing was a class above.
Old 14-04-2012, 16:21   #44
mamboboy
Legend

Tevez' Sky sports 'interview'.. how on earth can you guys cheer him?!

Last edited by mamboboy; 14-04-2012 at 16:21.
Old 14-04-2012, 16:41   #45
MaxNutter

A football fan starved of success will do almost anything for a sniff of a trophy.

I was half expecting the fans to line up to blow balotelli after his apology!
Old 14-04-2012, 16:52   #46
mamboboy
Legend

Old 14-04-2012, 16:57   #47
Barny79
Trusted User

He's such a 'character'.
Old 14-04-2012, 19:08   #48
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
A few goals and all's forgiven?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny79 View Post
Nice to see you have principles Rob.
My comment was in relation to the fact that last week, I questioned whether Tevez's return had upset the applecart in terms of the other players feeling hard done by - we don't know what happens behind the scenes. Today, I was pointing out that that is clearly not the case, given their reaction to him when he scored and when he returned to the bench.

After what he's done to us this season, Tevez owes us big time, so I'll consider his performance part of that payback. Did you hear the fans at the game after he scored? Clearly backing Mancini all the way. Tevez owes the manager as well, so I'm not going to feel guilty about the fact that he had a good game and we put in a great performance exactly when we needed to. And let's be honest, purely in terms of the game, he was brilliant today.

Last edited by Rob; 14-04-2012 at 19:10.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:54   #49
Grunge
Trusted User

Excellent win at the weekend, and I like Rob will admit I appear to have been wrong about Tevez having a negative impact on the squad, something certainly has kicked the squad up the arse to get these performances going again.

While our 1st team is doing well again our youth team is going from strength to strength. The under 18's won the Al Ain International Juniors Championship in Abu Dhabi, they beat ( by reports they absolutely dominated ) Inter Milan youth squad, Inter won the NEXTGEN cup, which was touted as the Champions league of the youth teams.

This after beating Stockport county 8 nil.

http://aggbot.com/Manchester-City-News/article/16633595

I've not had chance to verify this but according to some on the city forums the team "It's full of local lads as well who have plenty of England international caps", that should keep CampDave quiet

Last edited by Grunge; 16-04-2012 at 15:10.
Old 16-04-2012, 15:01   #50
escape_adil5
So fresh, So clean

Don't think there was anything too wrong with the interview. Didn't seem like it was for any controversial reason - Vinny joked that he knew he would be standing by himself after the 1st question.

Any road, does anyone know what the golf swing celebration was about. Lee Dixon was unimpressed by it on MOTD2, but I don't count him amongst the most insightful football pundits so I'd be curious to know if was a reference to his time away. Or if it was just a random thing.
Old 16-04-2012, 15:08   #51
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_adil5 View Post
Don't think there was anything too wrong with the interview. Didn't seem like it was for any controversial reason - Vinny joked that he knew he would be standing by himself after the 1st question.

Any road, does anyone know what the golf swing celebration was about. Lee Dixon was unimpressed by it on MOTD2, but I don't count him amongst the most insightful football pundits so I'd be curious to know if was a reference to his time away. Or if it was just a random thing.
on his 3 month "sabbatical" most of the time Tevez was spotted playing golf and got a lot of stick for it, and rightly so.
Old 16-04-2012, 17:12   #52
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
on his 3 month "sabbatical" most of the time Tevez was spotted playing golf and got a lot of stick for it, and rightly so.
tevez is basically sticking 2 fingers up to that criticism then? What are your views on that?
Old 16-04-2012, 18:56   #53
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

As a City fan from my point of view. Tevez was stunning against Norwich and brought the best out of those around him. The stike for the first goal was stunning.

I love Tevez as a footballer but as a man he's an arse, but then again so are most footballers. I'll not boo Tevez as I want him to score the goals that might help Citty have a sniff at the title, but I'll always back the manager and at the end of the day it's him who has put Tevez on the pitch.

I noticed that Ferguson ducked the question would he play him, he tried to sign him when City came calling because he know that Tevez would score lots of goals. When City decide to sell him, I'll still give him a lift to the airport
Old 16-04-2012, 19:24   #54
Rob
Indie Author

City have 3 nominations out of 6 for the PFA Player of The Year: Hart, Silva and Aguero.
Out of the three, I'd say that Aguero has been the most consistent this season. He's had a couple of dry spells in terms of goals, but that was mostly when he wasn't getting the service from midfield. The other 3 nominations are Parker, Rooney and Van Persie (who'll probably win it).

Don't know what the age limit is, but Aguero is also in the Young Players category, so he should walk that one.

Last edited by Rob; 16-04-2012 at 19:24.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:18   #55
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
City have 3 nominations out of 6 for the PFA Player of The Year: Hart, Silva and Aguero.
Out of the three, I'd say that Aguero has been the most consistent this season. He's had a couple of dry spells in terms of goals, but that was mostly when he wasn't getting the service from midfield. The other 3 nominations are Parker, Rooney and Van Persie (who'll probably win it).

Don't know what the age limit is, but Aguero is also in the Young Players category, so he should walk that one.
Silva doesn't deserve the nomination, his form has dropped too much for me. I am a big fan of Hart, but he's a goalkeeper and I would rather an outfield player won. Dempsey deserved a nomination for all his goals.......Van Persie should walk it anyway.
Agree with Aguero for the Young Player, Bale might get it though.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:36   #56
pivotalgubbins
Trusted User

Quote:
Silva doesn't deserve the nomination, his form has dropped too much for me. I am a big fan of Hart, but he's a goalkeeper and I would rather an outfield player won. Dempsey deserved a nomination for all his goals.......Van Persie should walk it anyway.
Agree with Aguero for the Young Player, Bale might get it though.
Couldn't disagree more on the goalkeeper issue - they do not get recognised anywhere near enough and Hart has been superb this campaign. RvP would still get it this season though.

Personally, I' have thought Kompany has been far more important to City than either of the two outfield nominees, but then defenders often get ignored too.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:43   #57
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotalgubbins View Post
Couldn't disagree more on the goalkeeper issue - they do not get recognised anywhere near enough and Hart has been superb this campaign.
As I said, I'm a big fan.....but for me goalkeepers play a different game. You could argue the same between other positions, but I think they are similar enough to compare. Just a personal preference.

Quote:
Personally, I' have thought Kompany has been far more important to City than either of the two outfield nominees, but then defenders often get ignored too.
Yeah, agree with that, in terms of Silva anyway, Yaya Toure as well.
Old 17-04-2012, 06:25   #58
Rob
Indie Author

I agree with the comments about Silva. He was superb for the first 4 or 5 months, but has been quiet for a good 3 months. Thankfully there are signs that his form is returning in the run in.

Through a combination of injury and suspension, Kompany has probably missed too many games to be considered for the award. Same for Yaya. Hart has been superb all season and it would be fitting if he got the award. However, world class player that people already knew he was, I still think that given it's his first season in the PL, Aguero has been outstanding for pretty much all of the season.
Old 17-04-2012, 07:40   #59
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I agree with the comments about Silva. He was superb for the first 4 or 5 months, but has been quiet for a good 3 months. Thankfully there are signs that his form is returning in the run in.

Through a combination of injury and suspension, Kompany has probably missed too many games to be considered for the award. Same for Yaya. Hart has been superb all season and it would be fitting if he got the award. However, world class player that people already knew he was, I still think that given it's his first season in the PL, Aguero has been outstanding for pretty much all of the season.
I agree, Aguero is a fair nomination. The games Yaya or Kompany missed are the games you typically struggled with though.

Last edited by d2000s; 17-04-2012 at 07:41.
Old 17-04-2012, 09:06   #60
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
tevez is basically sticking 2 fingers up to that criticism then? What are your views on that?
In all honesty I no view on it, the guys an idiot, this doesn't change that.

on a different note. Gary Neville is becoming/become the best pundit around. Here's his views on Citys strike partnerships.... its' pretty damming against Balotelli though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTD0...layer_embedded

Aguero partnered with

Tevez 4 games played, 6 goals for Aguero, 10 goals for the partnership.
Dzeko 19 games played, 10 goals for Aguero, 19 goals for the partnership.
Balotelli 15 games played, 2 goals for Aguero, 9 goals for the partnership.
Closed Thread