Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2005, 09:15   #41
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by platty
HaHaHaHaHaHa....Ah well, at least you come from Manchester..
Indeed I and Manchester City do! An interesting point to make in a Manchester City thread, rather than discuss the game, or the current climate/situation at Manchester City Did You even watch the game?

Manchester City were just plain unlucky against Bolton, we spanked them for 90 mins, hit the woodwork numerous times, but lost, all teams have those games. That's football

Last night I felt we got a lesson, in that if you don't take your chances, you are always in danger of a fluke goal, bad refs decision, bad luck, bad judgement etc.... etc....

Sun hit the bar in the last minute, 2 of our pens hit the woodwork, we had a pen given against us in extra time, which I couldn't understand, a player sent of, then the ref overturned his red card within an hour of the game. Bad luck twice in week, but if we'd buried tehm and took opur chances we would not be cursing our bad luck. We were guilty of not playing well enough. I just hope Cole is back for the Newcastle game. We look far better as a team with him and Vassell playing off each other. Fingers crossed Sinclair will be fit soon, as he's got off to a flyer this season.

Overall, we have a decent team, going in the right direction, but lack depth in the squad, which will be hopefully put right, in the next window
Old 23-09-2005, 21:25   #42
The 3 little pigs
Smashing.

Just found out 'Helen the Bell' has died. Shame that
Old 24-09-2005, 07:51   #43
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 3 little pigs
Just found out 'Helen the Bell' has died. Shame that
Helen

I remember that bell ringing at home games throughout my youth, and I reckon most away fans will remember her from Maine Road, a true lady of the game
Old 02-10-2005, 14:26   #44
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Wasn't happy at all with the 11.15 KO on a Sunday. The first half was very strange, it was like everyone was still asleep, including the players.

After a pint for the supporters at HT, the crowd got going, the players got far more involved, thought today was nowhere near our best display of the year, but 3 points will do nicely.

What a plonker Neville is Should have walked!!

Last edited by Citysmith; 02-10-2005 at 14:28.
Old 31-10-2005, 23:15   #45
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Just back from the game!!!

We should have buried Villa by half -time, Villa were awful tonight, we aways seem to do well against Villa. Well done to Darius, who has looked a class act when playing with Cole since he joined us.

What did SKY say about (What looked like) Barton being fouled in the box when we were 2-0 up. Am very happy with Pearce, he has the players playing out of their skin, playing for the shirt, with pride and passion, unlike another local team I can mention?!?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:09   #46
Alan b
Administrator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith
What did SKY say about (What looked like) Barton being fouled in the box when we were 2-0 up.
At first viewing it didn't look a penalty but after looking at it from a different angle they said it was a pen, for which I agree with.
Old 19-02-2006, 20:30   #47
Guest 7430
Trusted User

LOL at Richards swearing on the BBC. He might have got away with it had Crooks not highlighted it!

Manchester City should have won today - Vassell let them down bigtime in the first half.
Old 19-02-2006, 20:35   #48
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL
LOL at Richards swearing on the BBC. He might have got away with it had Crooks not highlighted it!

What did he say? I missed it and just heard Crooks telling him off like a naughty schoolboy.
Old 19-02-2006, 20:37   #49
Guest 16989
Trusted User

Yeah, I said 'Did he just swear then?' - then Crooks and Lineker made such a big deal of it there was no doubt remaining

Richards was class tonight (potty mouth aside). Still can't believe he's only 17. Man of the match for me, even before the goal. Dunne was also superb, mopping up everything at the back.

Could not believe it when it looked like we were gonna lose - that would have been such an injustice. Vassell seemed nervous tonight, but he's been playing well so hopefully it was just a one off and down to the circumstances...
Old 19-02-2006, 20:37   #50
spearce8
Enoch was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dawg
What did he say? I missed it and just heard Crooks telling him off like a naughty schoolboy.
F Hell I think but then I wouldn't of picked up on it if Crooks hadn't of mentioned it
Old 20-02-2006, 01:38   #51
Guest 2531
pacing the cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearce8
F Hell I think but then I wouldn't of picked up on it if Crooks hadn't of mentioned it
I thought he said something like it being flipping 'A' though he was speaking very fast it was pretty hard to catch it first time round but Crooks' performance as schoolmaster was hilarious: "I realise you're young and excited but this show is going out live so please mind you language" or something to that effect. Lineker seemed to be as sad as a prison door when he grovelled to the public about the language that may have offended some viewers. How to make a meal out of something most people would have missed!
Old 26-02-2006, 14:07   #52
Pisces Iscariot
The Pumpkin Smasher

Samaras wasted a great chance against Liverpool and TBH he looks awful with the ball at his feet in front of goal. I've seen him a couple of times for City and a few for Herenveen (where he never looked anywhere near as good as Huntelaar) and have seen nothing to think he's worth Ł6m!
Old 26-02-2006, 14:58   #53
Guest 3083
XBL Gamertag: PaulB1803

Blimey, its quiet in here isn't it!! 8 posts since September last year!!!! and at least 2 of those are by UTD fans. Not really the MASSIVE club you lot lead us all to believe eh.
Old 26-02-2006, 15:00   #54
Guest 16989
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.B
Blimey, its quiet in here isn't it!! 8 posts since September last year!!!! and at least 2 of those are by UTD fans. Not really the MASSIVE club you lot lead us all to believe eh.
Old 26-02-2006, 15:12   #55
Guest 3083
XBL Gamertag: PaulB1803

I didn't come in to have a pop mate. I genuinely was surprised at how quiet it is. Couldn't resist a little dig after though. Popped in to see City fans views on the game today.
Old 26-02-2006, 15:36   #56
Guest 16989
Trusted User

Then go to a City messageboard? No offence intended to this site (or those who discuss their teams a lot here), but the DVDforums isn't the first place I think to go when I want to say something about Man City.

If you think Man City is a small club then that's up to you...

As for the game today, it was a poor one all round I thought. Liverpool thoroughly deserved to win, but it's telling that the only way they managed to actually get the ball into the back of the net was by exploiting the lack of sharpness of a player who's been out for three months with a fractured shin (not that Mills is ever what you would call sharp ). From the City point of view it was a shame that Micah, Sun and Nedum were all out injured, as I don't think any of those three would have been so woefully out of position as Mills was. Good finish from Kewell though - a player I've always liked personally. Result was a fair one though, no complaints.

I almost posted in my long running 'Joey Barton is a tool' thread, such was my disgust with his actions (again), but then I thought maybe I would be persecuting him a bit as players like him getting sent off is nothing too out of the ordinary is it?

As for the comments on Samaras above, I think they're unfair but to be expected given his price tag and the direction the comments are coming from (although I suggest they should be more worried about the money spent on Evra and Vidic than about was Man City do with their cash). I don't think it's justified to say he 'wasted a great chance' today as it would have had to have been a great finish from him, and I'm not expecting that kind of quality yet. However I have seen enough from him already not to be worried that he was a waste of money.
Old 26-02-2006, 15:45   #57
saltysam
Trusted User

it was a poor game,liverpool played well within themselves i thought,your team showed a lot of spirit after going down to ten so early in the 2nd half.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:59   #58
D J Fryer
Trusted User

Just thought I'd post this from the BBC website - here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/4789064.stm

Quote:
Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce has confirmed he will sign his rolling deal with the Premiership club at some stage over the next week.
Pearce, 43, has been working without a contract since replacing Kevin Keegan as boss over a year ago.

But he said: "I have not had time to read it which is causing problems, both in the press and with the Premier League, so I will sign it this week.

"I'm not a lover of bits of paper, contracts do not mean a lot to me."

Pearce also revealed he will not be entitled to any compensation from City should chairman John Wardle sack him as manager.

At the same time, if he chose to leave the club and move elsewhere, the club would not be able to ask for a fee for their boss.

"I said to the chairman from day one, 'if I get sacked by you, I don't want any money - give it to the next manager to drive the club on'.

"I believe that in my playing career, and now in my management career, I get paid a reasonable wage.

"But if Manchester City no longer want me to manage their football club, I don't want to wrangle with the chief executive over a couple of quid here and a couple of quid there.

"I'd rather say 'thanks very much, it's been an absolute honour working for your football club'.

"I'm certainly not going to get involved in a legal wrangle about finance. Why should the club pay me not to work for them?

"But I'm not saying every other manager in the league should take my lead - that's just my views. My wife thinks I'm an idiot, but that's her opinion."
If only they were all like that!
Old 10-03-2006, 13:46   #59
Alan b
Administrator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D J Fryer
If only they were all like that!
I was reading this yesterday and thought the same. In a footballing world where greed plays a major factor these days isn't it refreshing to read about someone like Pearce who isn't out for every penny he can get.
Old 10-03-2006, 14:08   #60
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Pearce is very highly thought off by the Manchester City fans, he actually sends out an email every so often to the fans, which is our first as a club!!!!
Closed Thread