Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2004, 21:36   #1
Guest 34189
Banned

The Manchester City thread

Here it is our own thread. Only real City fans here please. Keep it clean and no jokes about "Massives" or about a manager who only signs has-been ex-Liverpool players.

So let's get the ball rolling. Although the season hasn't started too well I still think we can qualify for Europe. It's high time a team as big as ours was in the Champion's League

Last edited by Alan b; 08-03-2005 at 15:58.
Old 26-09-2004, 08:03   #2
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Ron
Keep it clean and no jokes about "Massives"
I wonder why we take the **** out of you for thinking you are "massive" ?
Mmmmmm .......................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Ron
It's high time a team as big as ours was in the Champion's League

Last edited by Fever Dawg; 26-09-2004 at 08:04.
Old 26-09-2004, 12:14   #3
The 3 little pigs
Smashing.

YCNMIU! DVD Ron has to be a United fan!
Old 27-09-2004, 09:09   #4
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 3 little pigs
YCNMIU! DVD Ron has to be a United fan!
Of course he is, Stevie Wonder would have seen that coming If People wanted to discuss Manchester City in a thread I would, as people maybe aware. Fans call us bitter, but to set up a thread when you support another team, is just plain silly
Old 13-02-2005, 15:20   #5
Guest 36757
Banned

:d
Old 02-03-2005, 21:25   #6
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well a fact for those doom and gloom merchants who support Manchester City, we have now won as many games this season as we did the whole of last season, so we are a team that are improving under KK and is back room staff.

The defence looks a lot tighter and we are in the top half of the league, the youth teams and set up is light years better than it was, only 5 years ago. The stadium looks fantastic and we get the 3rd biggest gates in the Premiership.

On a final note if you are a Manchester City season card holder you have til Friday to re-new for next year, or you will have a big increase in your price.

PS Can we change the name of this thread to the Manchester City Thread, not Man!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 14:49   #7
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

At lsat we have some good news for us Manchester City fans. Joe Royle has lost his court case. See link below
Teamtalk

Went to the game last night, we were awful , one big plus was Lee Croft plyed a blinder when he came on as sub, only got 7 mins, not enough, we need to see more of him while SWP is injured

PS Can we change the name of this thread to the Manchester City Thread, not Man!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 16:02   #8
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

How come you have managed to hold on to Kevin Keegan for so long? Is it the low expectations of the club that means the pressure on him is virtually non-existent?

...yes I am a United supporter but I'm not taking the pee, I used to quite like Keegan but he has jumped ship far too often to demand much respect...maybe he has turned the corner at City?

...he is destined to manage Liverpool eventually though
Old 09-03-2005, 09:41   #9
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle
How come you have managed to hold on to Kevin Keegan for so long? Is it the low expectations of the club that means the pressure on him is virtually non-existent?

...yes I am a United supporter but I'm not taking the pee, I used to quite like Keegan but he has jumped ship far too often to demand much respect...maybe he has turned the corner at City?

...he is destined to manage Liverpool eventually though
If you look at KK record as a manager, he left Newcastle after believeing he'd taken them as far as he could, he took at team on the brink of relegation to the old 3rd division and turned them into the most attacking exciting team in the country, challenging for the title. Wasn't he involved with something with the board? A Geordie might be able to give us a full picture of what went on behind the scenes

With Fulham he got them promoted and on the way to the premiership. He left Fulham because he was offered the England post. You can't hold that against him, the media and the majority of the football general public wanted him at the time, so he went for it, again a Fulham fan maybe able to fill in the details.

He walked away from England because he felt he wasn't up to the job, that for me speaks volumes about the man. To admit that and hold your hands up, could never be easy.

He then found himself at Manchester City, a club that had just found itself relegated from the Premiership, and very demoralised. He turned them around and stormed the 1st Division scoring 108 goals and achieveing 99 points at the time.

He has since established Manchester City in the Premiership, and is coming to the end of his time with us. We are a better team than we were a year ago, so we are still improving. The press has been on his back ever since he came to Manchester City saying he'll quit, but after 4 seasons he's still with us

The latest rumour to be doing the rounds is Martin O'Neil, see the link below

Teamtalk
Old 11-03-2005, 23:57   #10
The Bear
Old-gold and black member

Thanked 1,551 Times in 510 Posts
I expect Hoddle will be an applicant in the summer. Can't see him staying at Wolves with Prem jobs up for the taking.

P.S. Can we have Bischoff back please. He was a good player for us.
Old 12-03-2005, 00:31   #11
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear
I expect Hoddle will be an applicant in the summer. Can't see him staying at Wolves with Prem jobs up for the taking.

P.S. Can we have Bischoff back please. He was a good player for us.
No chance of Hoddle coming to us,How was Bischoff for you lot? He has never realy played for us on a regular basis. With Dunne & Distin any young CH is going to struggle to get in the team. Am disappointed with KK leaving the club, I thought we were on an upward curve. This time last year we were looking like relegation candidates, no we have won more games this year with 9 games to play, than we did the whole of last season.

pS Cheers for changing the name of the thread
Old 12-03-2005, 10:06   #12
The Bear
Old-gold and black member

Thanked 1,551 Times in 510 Posts
Why do you say no chance of Hoddle going to you?

Bischoff seemed to strike up a good understanding with our young defensive starlet Joleon Lescott. They are very similar players. Both have a touch of pace, read the game well and are good tacklers. They seemed to compliment each other nicely.

I noticed he was on the bench for your last game. Do you reckon you'd let him go IF we came in for him? Can't see you getting much more than £500k-£1m for him with his injury record and time left on his contract.

Last edited by The Bear; 12-03-2005 at 10:07.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:09   #13
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear
Why do you say no chance of Hoddle going to you?

Bischoff seemed to strike up a good understanding with our young defensive starlet Joleon Lescott. They are very similar players. Both have a touch of pace, read the game well and are good tacklers. They seemed to compliment each other nicely.

I noticed he was on the bench for your last game. Do you reckon you'd let him go IF we came in for him? Can't see you getting much more than £500k-£1m for him with his injury record and time left on his contract.
It all depends now on if Pearce rates young Bishchoff, hopefully Pearce can spot a good defender hopefully he can.

We have just let one young defender Patrick McCarthy move on to Leicester City, so I can't see us letter another one go anytime soon, but this been Manchester City I can't say anything for certain

Hoddle, no thanks, I would love MON or Dowie, and at a stretch Strachan rather than Hoddle
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15   #14
Guest 8751
Trusted User

I wonder how much behind the scenes wrangling about Shaun Wright Phillips influenced Keegan's decision. It seems a little hasty for the City Chairman to be dropping hints that he's considering selling SWP, so quickly after Keegan's depature, given KK's often vociferous denials of any intention of selling SWP. Wouldn't be the first time friction between a chairman and manager has had an influence in a managers decision to leave.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:14   #15
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well for me Pearce is doing a great job, and the more I listen to what he has to say the more I like him. Good article here HERE

What do other people think as Pearce as a manager?
Old 06-05-2005, 19:23   #16
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well I posted on here, asking what people thought of Pearce as a manager?

Well one month on, and he's Manager of the Month, is this the kiss of death, or the start of things to come.

City for Europe!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 20:00   #17
pillima
Nothing's boy.

Well MoM did'nt have any effect, luckily.

After today's results it could be in our own hands next week. As long as we win and Spurs don't win by two goals more than us ...

Pity it's Boro'' as they are a modern bogey side against us.
Was it last year they did'nt have a shot, on or off, nd beat us by an OG at Eastlands?
Old 07-05-2005, 21:51   #18
Bapapapa
ᗧ。。。。。。ᗣᗣᗣᗣ

Go Psycho!!

He's doing a fantastic job..!!

Maybe we can swap managers when we go down next week..?

Last edited by Bapapapa; 07-05-2005 at 21:52.
Old 12-05-2005, 15:33   #19
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well Pearce has got the job, well done that man!!!! He looks dedicated and comes across as a top bloke

Roll on Boro, then hopefully roll on Europe!!!!!

Here's a link to the offical website:-

Psycho!!!!! Psycho!!!!!
Old 26-05-2005, 15:14   #20
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Well Stuart Pearce has made his first signing!!

Steve Wigley as Reserve team Coach, see link Bleow:-

Link

What do any of the Southampton fans think?