Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Old 17-04-2004, 14:27   #1

[PS2] Onimusha 3

Forget Driv3r, forget every other game your told to talk about...

On June 11th the gaming world will never be the same again...

Onimusha 3 is released!

For anyone who hasn't played the original 2, the Onimusha series is probably the best set of action games on the PS2...

This one starts off in modern day Paris when demons invade and unleash hell...suddenly a time warp swaps over the lives of two very different people. Samanosuke Akechi (Takeshi Kaneshiro) finds himself in Paris hacking his way through a new group of Genma demons whilst Paris Cop Jacques Blanc (Jean Reno) must shoot his way through Feudal Japan in the hope of finding a way home.

Utilising full 3d backgrounds, a branching storyline and combat sequences designed by Donnie Yen, Onimusha 3: Demon Seige will destroy the competition.

Completed the first two and am drooling in anticipation at this one, apparently it was designed by the same group of people who did the first one...so its gonna be a special send-off.

Anyone else waiting for this?

Last edited by RobbieM; 17-04-2004 at 18:04.
Old 17-04-2004, 15:08   #2
Guest 7482
Trusted User

best changing the thread title to Onimusha 3 so people know what it is.

It got rated better then Ninja Gaiden in the latest I mag have, so I'm expecting a lot from it. It also said it was the best looking game on PS2 and from a rolling demo I watched it looks like its going to deliver!

Last edited by Goblin; 17-04-2004 at 15:12.
Guest 7482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2004, 18:10   #3

I read an interview with the bloke in charge of designing it and he says it has been designed with western gamers in mind and its gonna be alot more fluid than the last two.

Would be great if they incorporated the 'trading' game in the second one and he puzzle where you have to add up all the numbers properly to open up the boxes...and that level game thing where you had to keep on going down through the different demons so you could get the secret weapon...

Apparently the game has a 6min CG intro which took a year to do and when it was shown off recently it blew everyone away, the first one was originally meant to be on PS1 then they got the estimates for the PS2 capabilities half way through and changed it over...so this is gonna be the first Onimusha game made by the Onimusha 1 development team geared solely for a PS2 launch...even the first one had stunning CGs!
Old 17-04-2004, 22:23   #4
Guest 10592
Come along, Pond.

I'm surprised none of you have picked up an import copy - it's been available for a long time.

I've not completed it (Ninja Gaiden came out and distracted me!) but it's very, very good. I don't think it's better than Gaiden - it lacks that level of majesty, but it's still superb and a great way to end the series.

Not sure what the big deal is about CG intros - Onimusha 3's is very good but I can't say I was "blown away" - perhaps because I prefer to play games rather than watch them.
Guest 10592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 01:46   #5
Guest 8391
Gamertag: FreelanceBard

I really wanted to play this, and my console choice was either a PS2 or an xbox, as the xbox had ninja gaiden, it won (also I can watch pr0n)

I bet that katana controller is great fun to use

Last edited by Saber; 18-04-2004 at 01:47.
Guest 8391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 09:21   #6
GCfreako
I don't like it

I actually bought the import a few months back and it's a decent game. I wasn't too impressed by the camera system (well it hasn't changed) but the graphics and gameplay are neat
GCfreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 11:52   #7

Sadly my PS2 ain't been 'blessed' with the power of playing imports and I've recently misplaced my memory card and haven't bothered sorting out another one...I'm happy to wait for a while and catch up on some other games...
Thinking of picking up a Gamecube then just grabbing a software update to play imports for that....does anyone know if Nintendo are gonna be moving on from the GC anytime soon?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:31   #8
Guest 7482
Trusted User

WoW

Finally got this game and have to say the cutscenes are the best I have seen in a game! Looks like the Xbox is going to be taking a little break whilst I dust of the PS2!
Old 10-05-2004, 18:02   #9
Guest 7482
Trusted User

just finished it, what a fantastic game, in the running for my best game of the year!

I never really enjoyed the other Onimusha games but this one had production values that went through the roof!

Did anyone bother watching until after the credits? looks like an Onimusha 4 may be on the cards despite this supposedly ending the series!
Old 10-05-2004, 18:15   #10
lettuce
XBL Gamertag: BlockABoots

Hopefully if there is a 4th one, Samanosuke and Jubei will join forces
lettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 18:17   #11
Guest 7482
Trusted User

and Jean Reno has to return!