Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2003, 20:13   #301
Guest 19080
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by nc
The whole saga astonishes me. I'm sure he would have been at United his whole career if he never married that sick, fame and money obsessed whore. So he dug his own grave!
I'm Scottish, and a Rangers fan, just like Sir Alex and am amazed that Fergie has put up with this prick for such a long time. Yes, he's a good player, but there's better.

I feel for Sir Alex, born and bred in Govan, and having to watch his star player wearing skirts and nail-varnish a lot, will be embarrassing for him.

I cannot believe that some people call Man United 'scum' because without a doubt, they have been the best team, consistently, over the last decade or so, from our shores. Surely, no true football fan can argue with that.

I will be backing them to win the league next season along with Rangers to win the SPL.......it pays around 7/2
Old 16-06-2003, 20:26   #302
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Moggie,
Old 16-06-2003, 21:43   #303
Guest 5512
Banned

nc, I'm confused, are you a United fan or not? If you are, then you don't appear to be showing much respect for one of the club's greatest players. It's arrogant 'supporters' like you that give the club such a bad reputation. Just because Ferguson's won a few trophies doesn't make him infallible. In fact, the success seems to have made him more ruthless and egotistic than ever. Perhaps he's jealous of Beckham. Perhaps you are too?:confused:
Old 16-06-2003, 22:04   #304
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by nig5
Just because Ferguson's won a few trophies doesn't make him infallible.
I don't want to get banned, so I'll keep quiet
Old 16-06-2003, 22:10   #305
Pisces Iscariot
The Pumpkin Smasher

Quote:
nc, I'm confused, are you a United fan or not? If you are, then you don't appear to be showing much respect for one of the club's greatest players. It's arrogant 'supporters' like you that give the club such a bad reputation. Just because Ferguson's won a few trophies doesn't make him infallible. In fact, the success seems to have made him more ruthless and egotistic than ever. Perhaps he's jealous of Beckham. Perhaps you are too?:confused:
nig5, I'm confused, are you a United fan or not? If you are, then you don't appear to be showing much respect for one of the greatest managers of all time. It's arrogant 'supporters' like you that give the club such a bad reputation. Just because Beckham's scored a few free kicks doesn't make him infallible. In fact, the publicity seems to have made him more attention-crazed than ever. Perhaps he was ignored as a child. Perhaps you were too?:confused:

See these posts aren't big or clever and add nothing to the debate. (Well actually mine added a bit of humour… )

Last edited by Pisces Iscariot; 16-06-2003 at 22:11.
Old 16-06-2003, 22:10   #306
Guest 29770
Trusted User

Quote:
one of the club's greatest players.

Just because Ferguson's won a few trophies doesn't make him infallible.
Old 16-06-2003, 22:22   #307
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by suicidedd
I didn't realise this thread was about George Best. Or that Fergie had won as many trophies as Liverpool in the past 10 years. Is this guy (nig5) for real, or is it a Liverpool fan playing a prank?!

Last edited by nc; 16-06-2003 at 22:24.
Old 16-06-2003, 23:07   #308
Guest 5512
Banned

you amuse me!
Old 16-06-2003, 23:22   #309
pivotalgubbins
Trusted User

I'm surprised that people can actually question Fergie's judgement on issues such as the sale of Beckham. He has sold big names before and has still come back to win more and more trophies. Remember him selling Ince, Kanc and Hughes all those years ago. We can back to win the league with a great crop of youngsters.

You cannot be bigger than Man Utd. Ince found that out, as he constantly ignored Fergie's demands for him to be the holding midfield player, instead roaming forward looking for glory. Out he went...

At the end of the day, Beckham does not fit into Fergie's plans. This was shown at the end of the domestic season, when he missed the Liverpool, Newcastle and Arsenal games. We took 7 out of 9 points, and produced the most awesome thirty minutes against Newcastle that would have torn ANY team apart.

Beckham is a GOOD footballer, but he is not, IMHO, world-class. He has a lack of real pace, can't head the ball, can't beat a man and has had constant problems against top stars. Carlos takes the mick everytime they meet.

Beckham is going, it is just a matter of time...
Old 17-06-2003, 00:10   #310
Guest 7899
El Phenomino

Quote:
Originally posted by Pisces Iscariot
(Well actually mine added a bit of humour… )
I wouldnt go that far
Old 17-06-2003, 07:25   #311
sharp_circle
Fantasist

Quote:
Originally posted by Davester
He is the guy trying to sell Beckham according to the papers

Old 17-06-2003, 11:28   #312
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Quote:
Originally posted by pivotalgubbins
I'm surprised that people can actually question Fergie's judgement on issues such as the sale of Beckham. He has sold big names before and has still come back to win more and more trophies. Remember him selling Ince, Kanc and Hughes all those years ago. We can back to win the league with a great crop of youngsters.
...I think it is because we can't see any proper reason for it. It's okay to question, it's the only way to get answers...although I suspect we'll never get the real reason in this case. He HAS sold huge names, and I didn't like it then, but there were always reasons...Ince was far too egotistical and really did think he was bigger than the club, Kanchelskis's camp were causing all sorts of ruptions with claims of connections to the Russian mafia and generally saying he wasn't happy at Utd and I suppose Hughes was just getting on a bit...although he proved he still had a few decent seasons left in him elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by pivotalgubbins
Beckham is a GOOD footballer, but he is not, IMHO, world-class. He has a lack of real pace, can't head the ball, can't beat a man and has had constant problems against top stars. Carlos takes the mick everytime they meet.

Beckham is going, it is just a matter of time...
...well, he is world class, he's captain of his country and if you don't think he's a world class player we are in deep ****! Sure, he does lack some of the abilities to make a complete super player...but what about those crosses, how many goals result from them...and then there's the free kicks!! I think he should ask to go to Arsenal, see whether Fergie accepts that
Old 17-06-2003, 11:35   #313
HenryKrinkle

Quote:
Originally posted by madstu
are you not stuck up Beckham's arse?
...no mate, I just have a mind of my own and like to use it...try it sometime

Quote:
Originally posted by madstu
i bet you were one of the supporters calling for Fergies head in the early part of this season?
...wrong again, I may have voiced some opinions about his team formations, but I've always been a Fergie fan and think he is a great manager...but you don't go selling someone of Beckham's quality without a very good reason...so what is it??? :confused:
Old 17-06-2003, 11:41   #314
HenryKrinkle

Quote:
Originally posted by nc
Exactly what 'reliable information' are you on about:confused: I just seem to be going round in circles
...the 'reliable information' that gives you the right to accuse other people of being traitors to Utd for daring to question Fergie! If Fergie put Ruud on the transfer list, would you just accept that too? Thanks for letting us know that Fergie's arse is round by the way
Old 17-06-2003, 12:01   #315
Guest 12934
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally posted by HenryKrinkle
[B...well, he is world class, [/B]

LOL, no he's not, don't make me laugh. He is by far the most overrated player in the world. He's being sold as a commodity, not a player.
Old 17-06-2003, 12:48   #316
MaxNutter

i wouldn't call him a great player, he's a good one (make that very good), but not great ...

he is lacking in some key areas, namely dribbling, the ability to take on players, heading, tackling, although he works extremely hard and plays to his strengths, with excellent results.

i think it's a good piece of business, sell a player at the time when he as at the peak of his value, and nearing the end of his contract (or at least the point where you'd want him to renew it).
plus, it would get rid of the undesireable attention that the beckham 'circus' brings.

i also think that beckham and his people have been engineering this for a while, at least since the boot incident, so they cannot be entirely blameless in all of this.

i'm going to trust SAF on this one, if he can bring in a couple of players in the summer, especially ones who could add that little bit more against european defences, then it could be one of the best deals done.

i'll be sad to see him go, he'll definitely go down as a United legend, and i just hope things go well for him where ever he ends up.
Old 17-06-2003, 13:22   #317
madstu
Trusted User

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HenryKrinkle
[B]...no mate, I just have a mind of my own and like to use it...try it sometime

nice one muppet - my opinion is to support Fergie, like i have said Beckham is a good player and is loved by most Utd fans, however is he goes for £30 that would make him the 5th most expensive transfer of all time, at a time when the transfer markt is seriously deflated.

£30m could buy Utd a top class defender, a replacement for Beckham (if needed - remember how well Ole has done), and a strike partner for RVN.

so if you look at the bigger picture (which seemingly you have not - and in fact just lifted your 'opinion' right off of the back pages), selling Beckham could make the team better than it is now - and we do need to improve a bit to go on and win the European Cup.
Old 17-06-2003, 13:49   #318
Guest 5659

Apparently Ronaldinho doesn't want to join United, opting for a move to Real Madrid instead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/2997700.stm
Old 17-06-2003, 14:01   #319
joconnor
(,O'.')-O

Quote:
Originally posted by Way_2_FAT
Apparently Ronaldinho doesn't want to join United, opting for a move to Real Madrid instead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/2997700.stm
I would take that with a pinch of salt, the same newpapers that had Henry going to Real and V Nistlerooy going to Barca
Old 17-06-2003, 14:24   #320
Guest 5512
Banned

IMO Beckham IS definitely a world class player, how anyone can dispute that is pathetic and shows their complete lack of quality judgment. Fergie paid £30m for Rio Ferdinand last year and to receive the same amount for Beckham is an absolute joke! Beckham is 100X the player that Ferdinand could ever hope to be. It amazes me how many people on here believe Ferguson to be an utter god (well he's probably not far off, to be honest!). The fact is that he is capable of making mistakes (Ferdinand for example, Forlan, Veron, Taibi etc). Although it's clear he doesn't like players who think themselves bigger than the club, he doesn't appear to apply this theory to himself.
Closed Thread