Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Old 08-06-2004, 09:37   #1
Guest 37327
Trusted User

Question Wimbledon Championship tickets

As I wasn't successful in getting tickets through the ballot, I was wondering what it's like trying to queue for tickets? I understand that for the centre/1/2 courts, I'd probably have to queue overnight, which I won't do.

It's likely that well get a couple of ground tickets, in any case. But I recall an old work friend saying that she went along to the final last year, and got in with a ticket from someone who was leaving the ground. How legit is this? I know it's obviously against the terms and conditions of the ticket, but is it treated like gig touts (ie. they turn a blind eye or just don't enforce it)?

Any advice would be much appreciated
Guest 37327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 19:52   #2
Guest 1298
still alive............

don't buy any tickets from eBay as Wimbledon have employed a solicitor to try and trace all the people trying to sell them .
If they can trace the people then the tickets will be cancelled and you wont be allowed in.

TVOK
Guest 1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 20:42   #3
Guest 37327
Trusted User

Thanks, was definitely going to avoid eBay.

Any ideas on my initial post, though? :confused:
Guest 37327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:58   #4
steviep922
gamertag : steviep922

If people leave the ground early, they can hand their tickets in, then wimbledon resell them to people queueing at a reduced price.

If you go on a weekday (when Henman isn't playing) and get there fairly early (8 o clock ish) you shouldn't have any problems getting a ground ticket. I did this in 2001 & 2002.

Last year i got tickets for centre court from the ballot, this year i've got court 1 on the first thursday.
steviep922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 17:59   #5
bobnick
Trusted User

Returned from Court 1 today, and I just wanted to say that you should join the southern queue for tickets as it's normally shorter - if you're coming from southfields tube, walk past the northern queue, the all england club, then the southern queue until you reach the end!
bobnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 21:02   #6
Guest 1331

Went today, and its worth mentioning that the queues for ticket holders are apparently longer to get in this year, due to security checks. we got there at miday today, and just got into Centre Court in in time to see the start of Serena's match.

According to many of the lucky so-and-so's in teh queue, who seem to go every year, it isn't normally like this - you can normally "walk straight in."

Tony
Guest 1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 21:56   #7
agnetha

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyA
According to many of the lucky so-and-so's in teh queue, who seem to go every year, it isn't normally like this - you can normally "walk straight in."
Not quite - there is usually a bit of a queue but it shouldn't usually take longer than 10 minutes to get in depending what time you're there for (just as the gates are opening will take longer than closer to 12pm for instance).
agnetha is offline   Reply With Quote