Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 30-11-2009, 14:03   #61
Guest 68085
Trusted User

For those that missed the first episode of Darwin's Brave New World last week, the episode is up in full on History's website

For those that have watched it, the next episode is on tomorrow. Check out a clip on the History Page on Facebook.

This is more traditionally 'history' than Ice Road Truckers or Ax Men. Which do you prefer, modern shows about exciting and unusual careers or fact-packed historical documentaries?
Guest 68085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 17:03   #62
Guest 68085
Trusted User

The penultimate episode of Ax Men is on tonight. Who will bring in the biggest load of logs?

Check out a clip from the History Page on Facebook
Old 03-12-2009, 16:10   #63
Guest 68085
Trusted User

It's the last episode of Ice Road Truckers tonight!

Who do you think has done the most runs? Lisa? Hugh? Alex?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:25   #64
surfer_chicky
Gerrards Stalker..

Havnt watched it yet, but Lisa was on more runs then Hugh or Alex anyway. Who won out of Alex and Hugh then unfortunatly the I bet it was the cocky Hugh.
Old 04-12-2009, 14:34   #65
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer_chicky View Post
Havnt watched it yet, but Lisa was on more runs then Hugh or Alex anyway. Who won out of Alex and Hugh then unfortunatly the I bet it was the cocky Hugh.
Am I the only person that finds Hugh quite funny?

And guess what? It wasn't Alex, Hugh or Lisa that came first. It was Jack!
Old 08-12-2009, 15:50   #66
Guest 68085
Trusted User

For those that have been following the Ax Men, the last episode, the second part of The Reckoning is on tomorrow night.

It's basically a big race to see who can bring in the most loads before the logging season ends.

We've got a clip on the Ax Men Page on Facebook which shows Rygaard are working flat out to extended their lead on Browning.

Who do you think will win?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:14   #67
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Here's something a bit different, for those who like to learn about the shocking and fascinating facts of real life murder cases, we have an intriguing clip from Crime 360, one of CI's most exciting and in-depth programmes. On the CI Page on Facebook we have a clip showing how detectives use the victim's mobile phone to discover vital clues about the case.
Old 14-12-2009, 16:41   #68
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Something rather apocalyptic for your Monday night: 7 Signs Of The Apocalypse.

This documentary delves into the biblical prophecy that we will see certain signs and events before the end of the world. Trouble is, some experts have evidence that these disasterous events could realistically happen.

It's on tonight at 9pm and there is a clip here
Old 14-12-2009, 16:57   #69
Roberto
OMG! it's full of stars!

Bless you HyperGirl for pimping this series, but i think stretching Ice Road Truckers to 3 series was too much to ask for. I saw one episode of the first series and would have made a nice hr long special, but how on earth was there any martial for this many episodes?
Old 14-12-2009, 17:47   #70
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Recently watched Ax Men, loved it, and am looking forward to a third season (hopefully with Dwaine and "Doowop" back!). Ice Road Truckers is next on my "to watch" list. Hopefully Patton 360 will be shown over here soon, also.

Battles BC is also worth a look (David and Goliath story was very interesting, compared to the nonsense that we've been taught for years).
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 17:14   #71
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb6473a View Post
Recently watched Ax Men, loved it, and am looking forward to a third season (hopefully with Dwaine and "Doowop" back!). Ice Road Truckers is next on my "to watch" list. Hopefully Patton 360 will be shown over here soon, also.

Battles BC is also worth a look (David and Goliath story was very interesting, compared to the nonsense that we've been taught for years).
Just a thought, if anyone has any favourite series that they'd like to see back on History/ CI's screens, I can enquire as to whether there will be new series etc.

Another clip from Crime 360, on tonight at 9pm.
Old 15-12-2009, 17:56   #72
Guest 17513
Trusted User

I like trawler men, and the deadliest catch. But I could never get into ice road truckers or axe man.

I think I have respect for fisherman battling the high seas, rather than loud-mouths who think they're it
Guest 17513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 10:46   #73
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
Bless you HyperGirl for pimping this series, but i think stretching Ice Road Truckers to 3 series was too much to ask for. I saw one episode of the first series and would have made a nice hr long special, but how on earth was there any martial for this many episodes?
Well the final episode is up on the History site here if you want to reevaluate it
Old 16-12-2009, 13:56   #74
surfer_chicky
Gerrards Stalker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperGirl View Post
Am I the only person that finds Hugh quite funny?

And guess what? It wasn't Alex, Hugh or Lisa that came first. It was Jack!
Indeed but you didnt ask whether Jack won, you asked who did out of lisa, hugh or alex?

1st time i had watched ice road truckers, tbh i got fed up with watching the 'what will happen if the ice cracks or if you fell of beaver slide etc' with the computerised crashes over and over again!!!

Same as you Hazel love trawler men and deadliest catch! the end of the last deadliest catch was excellent! Also watching the doco on the cameramen afterwards was good.

Last edited by surfer_chicky; 16-12-2009 at 13:58.
surfer_chicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 11:26   #75
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperGirl View Post
Something rather apocalyptic for your Monday night: 7 Signs Of The Apocalypse.

This documentary delves into the biblical prophecy that we will see certain signs and events before the end of the world. Trouble is, some experts have evidence that these disasterous events could realistically happen.

It's on tonight at 9pm and there is a clip here

Just switched this off after 15 minutes. I like the History Channel, but this was just religious scaremongering nonsense. More suited for the SciFi Channel.
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 15:20   #76
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Quote:
Indeed but you didnt ask whether Jack won, you asked who did out of lisa, hugh or alex?

1st time i had watched ice road truckers, tbh i got fed up with watching the 'what will happen if the ice cracks or if you fell of beaver slide etc' with the computerised crashes over and over again!!!

Same as you Hazel love trawler men and deadliest catch! the end of the last deadliest catch was excellent! Also watching the doco on the cameramen afterwards was good.
Sorry, bit of misdirection there
Old 21-12-2009, 09:31   #77
Guest 17513
Trusted User

Quote:

oh thanks for that - I didn't know there was a program on the camera-men, I hope they took their 'sea-sick' pills .
I only catch the eps on the freeview channels so I'm not sure which ones I have seen and which I haven't, but I will keep an eye open for that one.
Old 21-12-2009, 09:35   #78
Guest 17513
Trusted User

The problem I have with Ice road truckers is the amount of re-caps.

Right before each add brake:

What has happened, what might happen next.

Straight after each add break:

Then a bit more of the story.

Next add brake starts looming:

and repeat until the hour is up.

This is a common tendency in recent programs, but I think it is particularity bad in this one. I have been tempted to record it and then edit latter to see how much actual stuff happens.

Last edited by hazelb; 21-12-2009 at 09:38.
Old 23-12-2009, 12:10   #79
Guest 68085
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelb View Post
The problem I have with Ice road truckers is the amount of re-caps.

Right before each add brake:

Straight after each add break:

Then a bit more of the story.

Next add brake starts looming:

and repeat until the hour is up.

This is a common tendency in recent programs, but I think it is particularity bad in this one. I have been tempted to record it and then edit latter to see how much actual stuff happens.
Although the programme is redubbed by a British voice actor, it is originally made in America, who tend to have many more ad breaks than us. It's good to hear your feedback though.

Anyway, as a bit of a heads up for interesting viewing over the Christmas break, there is an episode of Crime 360 on the Crime & Investigation Network on Tuesday 29th December. It really is a very good show.

There's a great (if slightly gruesome) clip on the CI Page on Facebook about a case involving the burning of a body in a campfire...nice.
Old 24-12-2009, 09:32   #80
Guest 68085
Trusted User

And the final heads up on interesting programmes before Christmas...

Jack The Ripper has been investigated and discussed multiple times, but one angle which has not been explored to any depth is the media circus that surrounded him. The Victorian tabloid press followed his every move. Former editor of The Sun, Kelvin McKenzie investigates..

Check out a clip on the CI Page on Facebook.

Happy Christmas everyone!